Welcome back home!

The Hidden card
Please log in to read the full chapter

Eunkwang……I'm not sure anymore if I've really known the real Eunkwang. After dad's accident he became less stressed with me and mom, I think it's because we're the only people left to support him after dad, and as the days passed we've became closer to each other, honest with each other, share all our feelings together and I thought I knew everything about him - that what I thought - but it appears that Eunkwang was just hiding a huge pain inside of him, he kept it just for himself without sharing it with us. The more I discover about the past Eunkwang kept on hiding, the surer I be that the reason which made Eunkwang endure all of this was his love for music. 

Reader's POV:

Ilhoon stayed for the night at Hunsik's since he couldn't show up to the members with his face's condition. He pours some water to drink from the table near him.

"Yaah wake up lazy boy!" Ilhoon shakes Hyunsik who just turns the other side avoiding him, "won't you really wake up? I'm hungry."

"Just ask any of the maids to bring you food." He hums with his sleepy voice.

"Are you kidding?" he rolls his eyes then removes the cover away from Hyunsik, "I'll just leave you like this till you freeze." Hyunsik smiles and ignores him again, "forgive me hyung."

Ilhoon casts the cup of water in his hands on Hyunsik's face which gets him up with a cry, "YAAAH"

"That's good." He smirks then puts the cup down on the table, "at least you're awake now."

"OH Are you mad?" Hyunsik then holds Ilhoon tight to hit him playfully and they keep on joking around for a while.

"Stop stop, I'm really hungry hyung!" Ilhoon holds his stomach, "I could eat a horse."

Hyunsik burst in laughter, "ok ok! Let's have our breakfast out."

"Since you're the one who's paying it's a good idea." Ilhoon points at him with a smirk.

"You're such a deceitful you know." Hyunsik rolls his eyes.

They both go to a café nearby where they can enjoy a nice meal there.

"It's been a while since we hanged out together." Ilhoon smiles.

"Yeah! You should get hit more often." Hyunsik giggles wryly.

"That's not funny." Ilhoon pouts, "I knew I shouldn't have come to you at the first place." He mumbles.

"Nowaaay." Hyunsik giggles again, "Dear Ilhoonie can't live without me."

"Really stop overreacting." He pokes Hyunsik's arm.

Hyunsik's phone vibration cuts them, "It's a message from Eunkyung." He mumbles as he opens it.

Eunkyung: Sikkaa did you wake up?

Hyunsik: of course, I'm not lazy like you. Haha

"Look who's talking about laziness." Ilhoon scoffs.

"Yah stop stealing looks at my phone." Hyunsik hides it under the table.

Eunkyung: Thought you would be resting since it's the weekend.

Hyunsik: good point, though. :p

Eunkyung: So… can I ask you a favor?

Hyunsik: favor?

Hyunsik: Why you're acting FORMALLY out of a sudden?

Eunkyung: ikr. This was never my style.

Hyunsik: exactly.

Eunkyung: Do you think I can meet the members anytime today?

Hyunsik raises his brow then looks at Ilhoon."Why?" Ilhoon peers at Hyunsik when he notices.

Hyunsik: I'm with your classmate now.

Eunkyung: heol this early!

Eunkyung: I'm amazed.

Hyunsik: Ikr.

Eunkyung: who would have known that my classmate is so much fun to be with?

Hyunsik: why are you saying that?

Eunkyung: never mind.

Hyunsik: Come on, I won't tell him.

Eunkyung: he just keeps on acting careless.

Eunkyung: it's one of two options. 1-he hates me 2-they keep him in a freezer to be such a cold-blooded perosn like this..

Hyunsik giggles silently then looks at Ilhoon's questioning face which makes him laugh even more before turning back to his phone.

"Yah are you talking about me?" Ilhoon stares with his surprised eyes.

"No" Hyunsik chuckles before he goes back to typing.

Hyunsik: Ilhoon?

Eunkyung: just never mind.

Eunkyung: I think he's just like this with me only. :/

"I don't know why I can't believe you." Ilhoon squints as he gets ready for the attack.

Hyunsik: and how is Eunkwang hyung?

Eunkyung: fine. He should get out of the hospital today.

Hyunsik: that's great.

Ilhoon attacks in this moment on Hyunsik's phone and after a weak fight he gets to take it from Hyunsik and read the texts.

"Cold-blooded?" he glares at Hyunsik, "am I cold-blooded?"

"We're just joking." He pats Ilhoon's shoulder as he takes his phone back.

Ilhoon huffs as he pouts looking to his side avoiding Hyunsik.

Eunkyung: so can you ask my classmate to gather his band?

"Are the band free today?" Hyunsik directs his words to Ilhoon.

"We're too busy today, we have 3 schedules already." Ilhoon sits still, "why"

"Eunkyung want to meet the band today." He frowns subdued, "It seems like an urgent matter, though."

"Well, it wouldn't be a problem if she comes before the shows' time," he smiles, "this can be possible before 10."

Hyunsik: Is it ok to come at the practice room at 10?

Eunkyung: Yeah, ok I'll be there. Thanks.

Ilhoon's forehead crosses by remembering, "It's going to be a tough spot for me today though."

Hyunsik stares for a moment at Ilhoon's face "When they see your face they're going to excuse you." Hyunsik smiles warmly easing Ilhoon.

"You think?" Ilhoon sighs gazing at air.

Eunkyung's POV:

I stand in front of the Cube building, it's 10:05 now, I enter the building and use the stairs in the back like I did last time, and while I'm sneaking inside without anyone noticing I pump into one of the staffs who's passing.

"I'm sorry." I check if he's alright.

"No problem," He checks on me too, "but…who are you?"

"Well…" I stammers, "I I'm…"

He sighs, "You're not allowed to enter here," he puts his hands on both of my shoulders and turns me outside, "this stairs are just for staff."

"umm… no." I roll my eyes trying to find an excuse, "it's not like that. I mean…"

"You must leave now," he pushes me outside.

"No I must see the members." I burst. What the F Eunkyung!! What should I do now?

"I know how badly the fans want to meet them," He raises his voice a bit, "but company's rules prohibit this at work."

Ilhoon appears from behind the staff man, he holds my hand tight and took me behind him with the rescue, "I invited her."

"Ilhoon-shi" he pauses a bit then sighs, "you know that this isn't allowed here."

Ilhoon smiles then winks to the staff, "it's an urgent matter," he pats on the staff's shoulder, "come on let's not make a fuss here."

As they are talking Ilhoon never lets go his tight hold of my hand, which made me unaware of things around me like noticing Hyunsik's presence.

Ilhoon looks besides him and signs to Hyunsik with his eyes to get in, so Hyunsik links our arms together grabbing my attention then we walk up the stairs to the practice room.

But it seems the matter is bigger than we thought as we're walking there was a loud voice, "what's happening here?" and that person seems in a really high position in the company which made Ilhoon anxious. "Let's talk in my office."

"Yes manager." Ilhoon looks downwards with frustration of this situation.

Reader's POV:

Ilhoon heads with the manager to his office; he stands in front of his desk as the manger sits down. "Yes, sir"

"Ilhoon there have been several unforgivable mistakes lately," the manager frowns, "are you aware of this?"

Ilhoon takes a big breath and exhales, "yes sir."

"And you know quite well that this is really affecting negatively on the band too, don't you?" He raises his voice a bit.

"Yes sir," Ilhoon excuses, "but please could you take into the account of my state of affairs?"

"We gave a lot of chances," he squints his eyes wryly, "aren't these enough already?"

"But…" Ilhoon stops then looks down, "how can I appear on stage with my face's condition. It was impossible."

"It’s not our problem," he faces Ilhoon with a furious look, "it's your responsibly to take care of your face as an artist."

"I'm sorry." Ilhoon then stands in silence.

"being absent from schedule, having bruises all over his face and body and now even breaking the company's rule by inviting friends in such a busy day like today." He shouts, "take in consideration that if you keep like this we'll have another reaction to your actions, and this is a warning."

Eunkyung's POV:

I and Hyunsik go the practice room where all the members are gathered training.

"Hey guys." Minhyuk smiles to us covered with sweat while grabbing his towel.

We grab all of the members' attention, "yo what's up?" Peniel high fives us.

"Twin-y" Changsub winks to me.

"I'm sorry, they are so random." Sungjae salutes us politely and all of us laughed at him.

"I thought Ilhoon was coming with you." Minhyuk tells Hyunsik.

"He did" he frowns a bit, "but we were caught."

"This is bad," Minhyuk rubs the back of his neck "Ilhoon has enough troubles already."

"I hope nothing bad happens," Sungjae sighs, "Ilhoon's been so bad tempered lately."

We wait for Ilhoon tensioned after describing the situation we had, hoping that Ilhoon would be able to handle all of this. After a while he comes in, he walks slowly while his mind seems busy with something.

"Ilhoon-hyung," Sungjae grabs his mind back to earth.

"Oh" he looks at us, "sorry guys for making you wait."

"What did the manager tell you?" Sungjae asks him.

"Let's talk about this later," he smiles easing us, "it's nothing important."

Minhyuk stands and go near him then puts his hand on Ilhoon's shoulder supporting him, "don't think about it so much, everything is going to be alright."

"Yeah I know," Ilhoon widens his smile.

 Even though Ilhoon tries to hide his feelings by smiling and acting as if nothing happened, but I feel that something is wrong, he's not alright.

"I'm really sorry guys, I caused you a lot of troubles," I look down in frustration.

"Yah don’t say this," Changsub elbows me while pouting.

"So what did you want to speak with us about?" Peniel asks with curiousity.

"Right. Did something happen again?" Sungjae he asks confused.

"I want to ask you something guys." I frown as I close my eyes tight.

"What is it Eunkyung?" Hyunsik seems in discomfort.

I stand up then kneel on my knees, "please help me making Eunkwang back to the band."

They all open their mouths in surprise, "Eunkyung!!!"

"I know I've caused you enough troubles," my eyes turn teary, "but this is really unfair to Eunkwang."

"We know that it is unfair," Minhyuk says subdued, "but there is nothing we can do."

"The company would never accept this," Changsub states, "and we have no

Please log in to read the full chapter