The Awakening

The Hidden card
Please log in to read the full chapter

Since the accident the only thing I think about is having Eunkwang back, the brother I love and care about, and the brother who protects me and takes care of me, but life never gives you what you want.    

Eunkyung's POV:

The doctor comes to check on Eunkwang after he woke up, we wait outside, it stills bothers me how Eunkwang reacted to me a while ago, why is he acting like this?

We enter to his room after the doctor's departure, "Eunkwang how are you feeling now?" I smile and hold his hand.

"I'm good, just a little headache." He turns and directs his words to the silent members, "why are you silent guys? I'm really ok now."  

They all look at him in amazement since he didn't want to glance at them before.

"We're really pleased that you're good." Peniel smiles hesitantly.

"It's weird how you guys act." Eunkwang suddenly closes his eyes and puts his hand on his head like he's in pain to remember something, then he suddenly bursts, "Dad!" he widens his eyes as he looks at me, "What happened to dad?"

I look at him confused, how would he know that dad got ill, "he's alright," I smile calming him, "mum is taking care of him."

"That's good." He takes his breath relaxing, "I was so worried."

"Eunkwang, rest till we finish the hospital's procedures," I pat his hand then stand to go out.

"No, I want to go out to breathe some fresh air." He pushes the mattress on him away, "help me Minhyuk to move."

"Me?" Minhyuk freezes then looks at the members subdued, I lend Eunkwang my hand to help him stand but he ignores it and stands alone.

"Why are you all frozen like that?" he frowns, "you're acting weird guys."

Suddenly the door is opened showing Sookjoo, "Eunkwang –oppa…" she runs inside, "I'm really glad that you're back good to us." She smiles and crosses their arms together, "how are you feeling now?"

Eunkwang peers at Sookjoo, "Oh?" he crosses his brows, "who are you?"

Sookjoo's smile fades, "Yaah your acting isn't good," she smirks, "I won't be fooled by your tricks."

Eunkwang removes his arm from hers, "I'm not tricking you." He smiles then eyes us with a questioning look.

"Oppaa can't you really know who I am?" she faces him with her shocked look.

Eunkwang frowns as he tries to remember her but it seems that he still can't.

"Eunkwang-aa how come you don't know her?" I look at him with my confused eyes, but he still doesn't know what to say.

"Hyung, do you remember the accident that happened to you?" Minhyuk asks him after gaining his courage.

"Yeah, I remember all of it." He answers fast with poignancy, he sighs then continues, "This all is my fault; I shouldn't have made such a huge mess in the entertainment." He pauses again while looking down in embarrassment, "I shouldn't have acted like this, I don't know what I was thinking about to throw everything in front of me like this." He sighs as his eyes full of sadness, "I didn't know that the stage would fall down like this, all I wanted was to stay in the band and do the thing that I've always dreamed about."

"Oppa what are you…" Sookjoo suddenly stops when she recognized what he's talking about

They all freeze in their place unable to react of what's happening, I take a few steps backward as I feel my mind go dizzy, Sungjae who is beside me, holds me from my shoulders, "Nona are you alright?" I open my mouth trying to get out the words but they won't get out.

"Hyung, is this the last thing you remember?" Peniel he widens his eyes unable to believe it.

"What's happening?" he looks baffled, "why is everybody acting this way?"

They all stay silent for few moments trying to figure a way to put it out to him, "this all is in the past now." I force a smile on my face, "the only thing we care about now is that you're back awaken and healthy." what should I do now? should I tell him the truth?

"Thanks Eunkyung" he smiles at me, "I hope you guys think like this too, I'll try to fix everything again. Also I won’t put your trust on me down and I'll fight for my dream to be in this band."

They all look to each other then look at me waiting for what I'm planning.

"But…" I poised, "it took you a lot of time to say this."

"What do you mean?" he crosses his brows, "I've just woke…"

"It took you 3 years." I say calmly as he gazes in a shock, "3 years already passed since that accident."

"What are you talking about?" he looks at the members who avoid his eyes then turn back to me, "I can't understand anything."

"You didn't wake up since the accident." I've lost my mind! I must be mad to say this now. All the members look at me amazed.

"You mean I've been sleeping like this for 3 years." He mumbles with fidgety.

It doesn't make a difference anyway, "Yes, you didn't wake up until this day." If Eunkwang never remembers these 3 years of his life, everything would be better.

"YAAH" Minhyuk frowns as he says to me in discreet, "what are you doing?"

All the members look at me questioning of what I'm saying.

"I want you out." Hyunsik comes near me then pulls me outside, "are you mad?"

"I don't want him to remember any of what happened." my voice shakes, "it would be better if he never knows about anything of what happened."

"What are you saying?" He shakes me, "you can't hide this from him forever."

"Then should I explain everything…" I huff, "how amazing our life is; an amazing family with no money or father to care of us and then wait for Eunkwang to get the trauma again…" suddenly a slap hit my cheeks cutting my words.

"Sookjoo what are you doing?" Hyunsik hurries pushing me away from her as her teary eyes glare at me strongly.

"What is happening here?" Eunkwang looks at the 3 of us then hurries taking me beside him, "why is she hitting you?" he looks at me as the members come out of the room.

"Please let's move from here." I hold my tears from falling then take him away.

We walk till the end of the corridor and as soon as a turning faces us we turn then stop immediately.

I rest on the wall beside me and look downward as my tears start falling; he comes closer to me.

"Hey…hey" he raises my head upward with his hand, "Is it a lovey bird's drama?" he huffs then look at his side wondering, "Really what were you doing when I was away?"

"Eunkwang-aa" I throw myself in his hug and cry, "I'm afraid."

"Yah…yah" he gasps in a shock then pushes me away, "What do you think you're doing?" I look at him with my teary eyes as he turns to leave he takes one step forward then stops, like something stopped him from moving away, even though I just stand in my place crying, he still doesn't move, like he's feeling that he'll regret going.

When we come back to the room we find the doctor is waiting for Eunkwang to do final examination to check that he's alright, so I and the members wait outside of the room.

Minhyuk approaches me, "what are you up to?" he makes a run through his hair, "why are you doing this to Eunkwang?"

"This is better for him." I look at him straight, "I've always wished if these past 3 years would get erased."

"Can you bear the consequences?" he faces me with serious expression, "if you can, I'll help you."

"Hey" Sookjoo gasps, "what are you saying?"

"I trust Eunkyung's decisions." Hyunsik smiles at me, "I'll help too."

"guys" I widen my eyes amazed, "do you really mean it?"

"Well why wouldn't we?" Sungjae raises his hand, "I've always liked challenges. I'm in."

"Thanks guys," I poises, "thank you so much."

"Guys, you sure have gone mad." Sookjoo widens her eyes, "what will you do if he finds out later?" She protests, "let's think rationally, if he discovers this later, he would get a shock and it may cause him even more than what happened before."

"If we tell him now, it wouldn't make any difference anyway." Peniel pats her shoulder, "we'll make sure that Eunkwang hyung have happier days, even if they're few."

"Let's forget about the past." Changsub smirks, "I'm in too."

"I still can't have an easy heart about this." She sighs subdued, we all follow her sigh.

"By the way where is Ilhoon?" Sungjae looks at me and Sookjoo.

"Illhoon…?" I ask confused, "I didn't see him since yesterday.

"But you went to talk with him outside then both of you disappeared." Sungjae titles his head confused.

 "I'm the one who talked with her yesterday," Hyunsik contemplates, "I thought that he went back to the room."

"He didn't even show up in school today" Sookjoo crosses her brow, "though I've just stayed there till the break time then came here."

"It's no way that something bad happened to him, right?" I mumble in a low voice as I remember when I and Sookjoo were in the car leaving the hospital and he was standing with two men wearing black and glasses. What happened? I frown while thinking.

Reader's POV:

Ilhoon is standing in front of a bar, two men are holding both of his arms making him unable to escape, and his face is swollen and full of bruises and wounds.

A car stops in front of them, the man driving it gets out and hands the two men a black sac, and exchanged it with a small envelope, then they push Ilhoon away letting him go, "you better listen to us immediately next time little boy."

When the man looks at Ilhoon's face he gasps, "Young master, what happened to your face?"

 "It's nothing,"Ilhoon get in the back seats of the car and leans his head backward as he crosses his arms, "let's drive away."  The driver gets inside and starts driving, "Don't report that to my father, just let it slips away this time."   

"Yes young master." He pauses, "where should I take you?"

"Anywhere other than home," he closes his eyes trying to take a nap, "go to Hyunsik's." he states in a low sleepy calm voice.

Eunkyung's POV:

Please log in to read the full chapter