Hospital

The Hidden card
Please log in to read the full chapter

-Present-

I'm lying on the floor, a hand is embracing my body tightly but suddenly it loses its strength, at this moment a tear falls on my cheeks, my sight gets blur and I can only hear my breathe, someone is calling my name, 'Eunkyung, Eunkyung" repeatedly, I turn my head toward the person embracing me, "Eunkwang" it's the only word which comes out of my mouth, more tears fall and my eyes can't manage to see probably, the headache gets unbearable, and when I close my eyes I become unable to move again.

Reader's POV:

After leaving the Cube building Hyunsik wonders in the streets and mutters to himself, would it be better if I told her everything? No…No I did the right thing. She should just forget about me from now on. His cell phone's ringing interrupts his thoughts, he takes it out of his pocket and when he looks at the caller "Sookjoo" he cancels and puts it down, but Sookjoo calls again in pertinacity so he answers hopelessly. 

"Hyunsik-aaa" She talks with a crying voice, "Did he really answer?" she lowers her voice as she checks again if he really answered.

"Hey Sookjoo" he answers with chocking voice, "What do you want?"

"Hyunsik-aaa what should I do?" she cries loud.

"What has happened Sookjoo?" he frowns, "are you alright?"

"They got hit by a car." She yelps through the phone, "I don't know what I should do."

"What?" He asks in confusion, "Where are you right now?"

 "I don't know." She pauses a moment, "somewhere near Cube entertainment's building."

Hyunsik heads to the entertainment building and search for Sookjoo near there, he glimpse a girl curled on the floor crying over her legs while holding a phone in her hand, he runs to her and helps her on her leg.

"What has happened Sookjoo?" he wipes her tears, "why are you crying like this?"

"Eunkyung got hit by a car." She takes her breath while crying, "Eunkwang jumped over her to save her and they lost their consequence after that."

"What are you saying?" He gasps in a shock, "Where are they now?"

"The ambulance took them." She cries over Hyunsik's shoulder, "I'm really afraid that something might have happened to them."

"Don't worry Sookjoo." He caresses her back, "They are going to be alright."

-

Eunkyung's POV:

I open my eyes, I'm in a room, I look around me but there is no one. Where am I? What happened? My head really hurt. It seems that I'm in a hospital. Suddenly the door gets opened, I look toward its direction and find that it's Minhyuk.

"Oh you're finally awake." He runs toward me and hold my hand, "are you okay? Does anything hurt?"

I stay silent as I try to remember what's going on, when suddenly I burst, "Eunkwang!" I look at his sad eyes, "what happened to Eunwkwang? Where is he?"

"Calm down Eunkyung. He's going to be alright." He puts both of his hands on mine.

"I want to see him now." I beg helplessly as I push the mattress on me away and try to get up, "take me to him."

"You can't see him now." He holds my shoulders and pushes me back to lie down, "have some rest. Your head is injured after kicking the hard floor."

"I just want to see him once." My eyes become teary by remembering the accident.

The sudden knock of the door interrupts us and Sungjae enters, "Minhyuk come here quickly."

Minhyuk follows Sungjae out in a panic, the only thought I could think of that something is up with Eunkwang, I get off the bed and run following them.

They stand outside a room, I can hear the machine in the room gives loud sounds of emergency, all btob members are gathered around the door's entrance as the doctor and nurses enter there, when they notice me they look at me with the worst expressions of pain i could ever receive as they all look down avoiding my eyes, and Minhyuk panics more when he finds me behind him, 

"Is Eunkwang in there?" my eyes turn teary, "what happened to him?"

"Calm down Eunkyung." He decides to put his hand on my shoulder but when he glimpse someone from behind he stops.

Hyunsik comes from behind me, "Eunkyung-aa are you alright?" he puts his hands on my face and checks if it's alright, "are you hurt?"

"I don’t know what happened to Eunkwang," I start crying, "help me Hyunsik, I don't know what to do."

"I'm here for you now," he embraces me tight and rubs on my back, "nothing bad is going to happen."

After few moments, more doctors come to the operating room, we all become more worried as it seems that Eunkwang's condition is serious and dangerous, I start crying even more since it feels that there is no hope, and it seems that Hyunsik and all of the members figured it out too since no one tried to calm me down anymore.

 Suddenly Sookjoo comes inside with teary eyes and burst, "did you all give up on Eunkwang?" she comes in front of me and shouts, "Why are you acting like this?"

"Sookjoo I…" I stammer as I try to find words which can describe how I feel.

A tear falls on her cheeks, "Eunkwang is strong," she holds my hand, "I am sure he going to get over this and be alright."

"Thank you Sookjoo." I smile as my tears fall too, "thank you for believing in him."

We wait there all tensioned when soon the doctor comes out of the room. We all gather around him asking for Eunkwang's condition, "He lost a lot of blood, but we tried to compensate his loss as much as we could, we can't be sure if there won't be side effects especially that it's in such a sensitive spot. His state is stable right now, and we hope he'll get better soon, he should be awake within the next 3 or 5 hours."

We sigh in relief after hearing the doctor's words, at least Eunkwang isn't dying.

"I was sure Eunkyung, I was sure of that." Sookjoo hugs me tight.

I tried to force a smile but deep inside I couldn't be quiet unconcerned, it still feels that something wrong.

Soon they brought Eunkwang out too, he was unconsciousness and gauze is wrapped around his head. They transfer him to the room of the incentive care unit where nobody is allowed to enter.

Three hours pass bringing the night and we still wait for Eunkwang to wake up, these 3 hours seemed the longest hours of my life, I have no more patience to wait anymore I stand up and move near the door hoping for any news.

Sungjae suddenly mumbles, "Just like what happened before." the guys including Hyunsik look at him with freaking looks which stop him from continuing and got uncomfortable by his comment, I can't understand what he's really pointing about but his words remind me of the accident which happened 3 years ago.  

Few moments and the nurse come to check on Eunkwang's condition.

"Miss" she attracts my attention, "the patient things and yours are kept in the secretariats in the hospital; you are allowed to take them anytime." She smiles then enter the room.

"Let's go together to bring them." Sookjoo suggests and I nod ok.

We go together to the secretariats place and take our things; Eunkwang's jacket and other things of his like the motorbike's key and his wallet, and my belongings, and as we're going back my phone starts ringing, "It's mum" I whisper.

Sookjoo look at me in worried face.

"What should I say to her?" I bite my lower lip as I frown.

"Answer her Eunkyung," she encourages me, "she should know too about Eunwkang."

I receive the call and answer, "Mum?"

"Oh Eunkyung-aa" she takes her breath, "Why aren't you answering your phone? You made me so worried."

"Sorry mum, I couldn't hear it." I look at Sookjoo for some support and she nods that I'm doing good.

"Dear, listen to me well, ok?" She pauses, "Your dad got a little sick and I should stay with him in the hospital today."

"What?" I shout surprised, "What happened to dad?"

"Don't worry dear, he's alright now." She calms me, "I'm just staying to make sure."

"Really" my tears fall, "you know that if something happened to dad I'd…"

"Stop saying unnecessary things." She protests cutting me, "if you say things like this to Eunkwang I'll kill you."

"mum.." I mumble.

"Don't tell Eunkwang anything or he'll be so worried like you." She cuts me again, "You know how much this thing is sensitive to Eunkwang."

"Yes I know." I whisper hopelessly.

"So give Eunkwang my greeting and find an excuse about my absence for today." She pauses, "Ok?"

 "Ok" I make a hand through my hair in frustration then end the call.

 "What?" Sookjoo look at me surprised, "Why didn't you tell her?"

"How could I?" I face palm myself inside my mind, "she said that dad is sick and she'll stay with him tonight."

"And till when are you going to hide this?" she blames me.

"I tried my best to tell her," put my hand on my head, "but I'm afraid that something might happen to her if I shocked her about Eunkwang."

Please log in to read the full chapter