The Birthday Party

The Hidden card
Please log in to read the full chapter

 It's the last lesson, when suddenly my phone vibrates, I bring it out and find a message from Sookjoo who's sitting right behind me.

Sookjoo: Come on Eunkyung! Let's go to Haemi's party.

I turn my head behind me looking at her sarcastically.

Eunkyung: I said N to the f******g O.

Sookjoo: You know it's going to be a lot of fun.

Eunkyung: You can just go alone, why do you want me with you?

Sookjoo: I can't believe you're still acting cool while you know who's coming too.

My eyes widen from her text then I look at the corner where Illhoon is sitting.

Eunkyung: Oh I don't know. Who's coiming too?

Sookjoo: Yah! Don't act dumb, you've just glanced at him.

The bell finally rings interrupting our conversation, and all the students stand and gather their things in their bags, Sookjoo stands beside me.

I won't give up until you agree." She pouts cutely."

Why are you so stubborn?" I cross my arms and smirks then start moving out of the class.  "

She follows me while keeping on begging and begging till I reach my and tell her loud, "OK! OK! Stop it already! I will go," I pause to take my breath, "Fine now?"

She smiles widely and shouts, "YAAY! Victory"

 I call Eunkwang and tell him that I will go to my schoolmate party, he says that he misses me and tells me that mum is preparing such a delicious dinner to tempt me to come home, but under Sookjoo's insistence I had to turn him down.

"I don't have a proper thing to wear anyway." I sigh and closes both of my eyes, which gets opened as Sookjoo pokes me.

"I will lend you one." she stares at my eyes, "I can't understand why you're making this your problem."

"No, you don't have to." I blush at her generous offer, "I will wear any of my old dresses, of course there will be a good one or two."

"Have you figured out that the only thing you say today is a 'No'." she bites her lower lip, "and by the way I'm not asking about your opinion, we're going to mine now."

We go to Sookjoo's house, whenever I go to her place I always receive inconvenient glares from her family, I don't know whether this is due to my family condition or something else but I don't have the courage to face them, so I always act as if I didn't notice and usually Sookjoo would try to change the awkwardness with her comments.

We enter her room, and she opens her armoire, "Pick one; you can have anything you want." She smiles.

"I don't know, just lend me anything and I'll give it back immediately after the party." I say in embarrassment.

 She hits my forehead, and picks the prettiest one from there and gives it to me to try. "Just consider it as a present from me."

"No way! This is way too beautiful to be mine, and also it's too expensive." I rub the back of my neck.

"Beautiful ones must have beautiful things." She pokes my cheeks generously, "Come one! Come on! Try it fast." She takes a sac settled next her bed and takes such a beautiful and y dress, "This is for me."

We try the dresses, wear our make-up, wear the high heeled shoes that make us ier, and polish our nails with beautiful nail polish, "Oh my god! You're gorgeous, girl." She expresses with shining eyes, "I'm sure Haemi would be so jealous from this Cinderella."

"What am I compared to your beauty?" we just keep chuckling and squeaking like idiots.

Sookjoo's chauffeur drives us to the party. When we enter, it is so crowded and the music is way too high like the ones of night clubs, I and Sookjoo go to greet and congratulate Haemi, but it becomes so awkward since we used to be very close in the past, but now we treat each other like a strangers.

While we're dancing and joking around Sookjoo meets her friends of the high class people,so I leave her to have fun with her friends.

As I'm standing alone, I take a juice from a tray and takes a few sips when suddenly someone hum right next to my ear, "Eunkyung." I get a panic and turn my face to the side of the sound, to find Hyunsik's face is just an inch far from mine, I blush while freezing on that pose and then Hyunsik get backwards, "Did I surprise you?"

"Hyunsik-aa" my eyes widen of amazement and a bright smile appears on my face.

"Your reaction is way better than i expected" he says with his calm and warm voice.

"Why didn't you tell us?" I pout and blame him playfully, "I was going to anticipate it more."

"I wanted to surprise you." He leans forward to become closer to my face and looks right through my eyes with his strong and attractive gaze.

"Stop, you're making me blush." I poke his shoulder.

"Hyunsik-aa" A voice calls out. We both look to the voice's direction, it is from a handsome guy who approaches us, He wasn't that tall but he had such a nice face and body, and from the facial expressions he seems friendly, "it's been a while." Hyunsik doesn't seem relieved by seeing him but he tries to act normally.

Hyunsik nods, "It's good seeing you again." Then Hyunsik turns to me, "He's my friend, Lee Minhyuk." Minhyuk greets me and Hyunsik turns to Minhyuk and continues, "And this is Seo Eunkyung." I smile at him. "Are you going to perform here?"

"Haemi's parents are our sponsors," Minhyuk then changes the topic, "you seem close to each other."

"We are. She's quiet fun to hang out with." Hyunsik smiles at me which makes me shy and reddens my cheeks.

"Are you…?" Minhyuk whispers as he winks at Hyunsik.

Hyunsik suddenly bursts, "Noo! We're not in that kind of relation."  

Minhyuk smiles then directs his word to me, "Do you know about my

Please log in to read the full chapter