Chapter 7

Heaven Hell

“ Is he ever going to wake up?”

I knew that voice. The blond haired demon , Kris.

“ It has been three days. I’m sure he will wake up soon. I put the healing elixir in his system.”

And… That was a woman voice. The silky touch, that was what Baekhyun always say.

“ He’s not dead right?”

That voice… Nah, I didn’t recognized that voice.

“ He is still breathing, Chanyeol!”

 “Shh, He is semiconscious right now.”

How did she know?

“ I can read minds, Kai.”

Don’t read my mind then.

“ If that so, then you need to try harder. Because of your poor mind-guard, your thoughts are easily voice out.”

I struggled with my effort to open my eyes. Then when I succeed in doing so, first, I saw Kris who was in front of me and looked at me with unreadable and unemotional eyes. I shuddered a little bit because it seems that he was glaring at me and I don’t like that feelings.

“ Kai, can you see us?” I turned to inspect my surroundings, nodded when I regained my full eyesight. Left,right.front and back, only white walls and no decoration. Seems like a ward or something that similar as it. The row of beds fitted perfectly inside the room and I wondered am I the first one who used it, because it looks new and untouchable.

Chanyeol was nearing to the corner of the bed, smiling like a child who just prank others. Kris hardly looked at me after that, pulling Chanyeol away from my bed and finally disappearing,leaving red smoke behind while Chanyeol just kept laughing and laughing as they went off.

“ Well now the prankster isn’t here, lets start with the introduction.” My eyes kept fixing on her. She was what I called, deadly beautiful yet intimidating. With wavy brown haired that reached her shoulders, eyes like a cat and mouth that curved perfectly when she gave her best smile. My heart really stopped there."Good afternoon,Kai.I am Kim Hyuna,the doctor.”

“ Kai.” I said, still my eyes were fixing on her.

“ It is not good to watch me like that young man.” Hyuna went to her table, full with files and keys, and took a medical book. She returned, asking me about my sickness which I don’t fully aware of.

“ I don’t have any history for any sickness. To tell you the truth, this is the first it ever happen.” I sighed. Hyuna shook her head, showing her disbelieve.

“ You must have felt it before. Every sickness showed an early symptom in childhood. If not then…” She stopped her muttering, as a look of apprehension visible on her face.

“ What now?” I asked, mildly irritated.

“ No.. That can’t be..” Hyuna ran back to her table and pulling all her drawers. The sounds of drawers being pulled was making my ears bleed but I calmed myself down and looked at her. Her lab coat swaying with the wind and showed her beautiful hips.

What the monkey bro?!

“ What am I doing?” I mustered myself to look away.

“ Kai, I think it is better if you go back to your room. I will see you tomorrow.”

“ Oh okay.” I put the sheet off me and find my shoes under the bed. I was still wearing my pajama and that was highly insulting my image.

“ Nice pajama anyway.” She said,amused with my clothes.

“ Err, I’m not sure if that was a compliment.”

She smiled, holding a piece of paper in her grasp. She was sitting cross leg on her table, and it was making me went into fire.

When my feet touched the white porcelain floor, my head was lightheaded. The piercing pain came right through my defense and I nearly fell into the clutch of the bed again. However, I held my position and grabbed hold of the bed railing.

“ You don’t intend to help right, doctor?”

“ I can’t.”

“ And why is that?”

“ You are on overdrive. I can’t be near you if that so.”

“ Overdrive?” I asked, confused with the choice of word.

“ Don’t tell me your father didn’t teach you anything about overdrive?”

Silence.

She huffed. A handful of sparkles formed in front of me. “ Overdrive is the need of affection…”

“ I don’t need affection.” I said quickly,cutting her sentence.

The sparkles surrounded me and I could felt the heat from it. The blazing fire even though it was just a small one.

“ Trust me, boy.. Nobody should stop me from talking. If it is my turned to talk, then please shut up your mouth or cut your tongue.” I suddenly went wary of this woman. I zipped up my mouth and nodded.

“ Overdrive is the need of affection which only include , or ing. And I’m not advising on ing and because it might flame up your desire more as it went haywire.”

My mouth was gaping like a fish when she finished. My father will pay for this. How could he didn’t tell me about this matter!

“ He just don’t want to tarnish your innocence which I highly doubt because you are so vulgar about my appearance.”

“ No, .. err.. I don’t meant to..That beside the point, why are you reading my mind again!?” I scratched the back of my neck.  I hated this mind reading.

“ I understand,I won’t read your mind again if you put a very good defense on it.” She stood up from the table and gave me that piece of paper. However, she still putting her distance so that I can’t reach her. Am I a predator?

“ Oh, medical certificate letter? Thanks.”

Immediately, I went out from the infirmary, without listening to her reply. Just as I was about to head to the exit of the light oozing hallway, nodding when the guardians addressed me with my title while ignoring the sarcasms from the demons, the school radio club suddenly called my name.

“ Kai Vastral. Please head to the B1 resource immediately. Your majesty wants to meet you.”

Okay… I’m not sure if heard that right. Well but when everyone stopped their activities as they were looking at me, I am sure that was my name. With soft sigh, I gave up being stubborn and went to the B1 resource.

I wonder why Kris wanted to meet me… Maybe he wanted me to voice out my gratitude. And moreover, where are my friends? Why aren’t they visiting me? Did they know my situation?

I was in front of the B1 resource. Shoving all the doubts inside, I took a deep breath.

In, out , in , out.

Not good, I’m feeling too nervous and the overdrive that Hyuna’s mention was pumping. I need to get off but I must put my priority on this first.

“Please put your eyes in front of the sensor.”

The intercom explained as I was put off from my trance of thought.

Eyes? Okay.

I lowered my head to the sensor, fixing my eyes near the infrared light. The data accumulated on the screen and showed my student ID card.

The door opened and I walked in, collecting the sight of the room. I must say that demons really know how to lavish in their wealth because the walls were decorated with golden flowers and thread, the Victorian styled sofa and couches and in front of it was a big coffee table.

But I was fully shocked when I scanned the person that was sitting on the throne like red chaise longue.

“ So, it is not Kris that wants to meet me.” I stated,obviously.

“ You must be disappointed.” He eyed me up and down and it made me gone wary of him.

I didn’t reply anything and sat on the leather arm chair in front of him. I rested my forearms on the soft arms of the chair.

“ And nice pajama you got there.” He chuckled darkly.

I tried to stop myself from blushing but unfortunately, I really blushed! He smirked when he saw me embarrass, and it hurts my pride.

“ Anyway, I heard about your case from my son,Kris so I would like to meet you.” King Zelmon said seriously, as the air turned denser.  “And also, Jihyun always talk about you in fact she praises you in everything when we are sleeping together.”

“ Oh, is that so? If that was the thing that you wanted to say, then please, I’ve got many works to do.” I was getting ready to stand up but then Fraust waved his hand a little bit and in the end there was a binding magic on me.

This was why I hate being defenseless and weak, because my power wouldn’t worked and can’t protect me against my enemy. I gritted my teeth and flashed my glare at him. He looks unaffected as he walked to me.

“ You only inherit her eyes. That is good. I don’t need to be remind of her when I look at you.” He touched my cheek with his fingertips,lightly trailed it to my lips. “ I missed that person. No matter how it hurts me when he did betray me.You will do, you two are really similar.”

“ Who are you talking about?” I held my fists, I wanted to break down the bind but it was wearing me off.

“ Someone that I truly loved from the bottom of my heart.”

I stopped breathing when Fraust actually kissed me. He bitted my lips hardly and I shut my eyes tightly,feeling the metallic taste as Fraust successfully entering my mouth. He explored my mouth, with his tongue all over the place. His hands were cupping my cheeks as he continued his obscene activity.

Click!

The sound of the sensor giving an access sounded. The door opened, my eyes fixed on Kris who was looking at me and then faced his father with hateful glare. He created a blue colored flame and threw it to his father.

Fraust put a stop of it with just a click of his fingers. He got away from me and crossed his arms on his chest. Looking unimpressed with his son behavior, he called forth winds to throw his son to the wall.

In just a few seconds, Kris was plastered on the wall. Fraust leapt in front of his son and shook his head. He ruffled his son hairdo that it became much more messy and looks more badass.

“ Is that the only thing you can do?” Fraust fixed his son’s collar and tie until it seems to suffocate Kris.

“ What do you think you are doing, father?” He spat on his father. And truthfully speaking, I was shocked by that moment too because I thought they are family-oriented kind of family. But that was unexpected.

Right then, Fraust punched Kris face until his lips bleed. After that Fraust aimed for the chest and kicked it hard. I was taken aback and I realised how lunatic Fraust acted. A sense of power suddenly filled up my entire body. My magic was working like normal it seems.

I hated Fraust for hurting Kris like that!

He’s mine all alone!

Wait what? Well lets continue.

 I used up all of my elements and broke the binding spell and then used up the remaining energy to attack Fraust.

Fraust noticed my sudden prowess and stopped his action. Kris kicked his father hard until his father flew and fell on the coffee table. The coffee table ruptured into pieces, the shard of glasses piercing into Fraust skin, penetrating the royal outfit befitting a king.

I knew that there were some commotion outside the room when I heard the sounds of murmuring and gossiping of the students. Maybe they heard and felt the wave of energy inside this room.

I called forth many of the sabers light, surrounding myself. I walked to Fraust and my sabers light flew and pointed at him.

“ I don’t want to fight you.. Because my father wants to continue the treaty alliance no matter what.” The tip of the sabers light touched his skin and he hissed. “ So please act more morally, okay?”

He chuckled evilly.

“ Maybe you should ask your father how he acted morally on the bed before you talk ‘moral’ things to me.”

I was taken aback but before I could ask any questions, he disappeared with sudden lightning struck into the room. I turned to look at Kris that was slumping down on the floor. Breathing hardly.

I rushed to him and supported his arms as he stand up. I brought him to the couch so that he could lay down. As he did so, I summoned my light sabers to become healing magic. I focused the healing on his chest and noticed that Fraust broke his ribcage.

A few minutes went by and Kris finally heal partially.

“ Why did you save me?” I asked him as I sat on the golden marble floor beside the couch. My forearms rested on the couch, my face hid behind it.

“ Can we talk about this later?” He looked away.His eyes doting on the ceiling.

“ No. I want to know why because I’m sure you don’t like me and more than anything I also dislike you.” I said, matter of factly.

“ I just don’t know,Kai. I felt like there were something else that kept bothering me. Especially if you were beside me.” He turned his head to look at me, his hand my hair. “ I feel like I know you.”

“ It kind of creepy that you are my hair, sprouting emotional words but then while looking emotionless.” I returned back the gesture and his hair too. It was so silky.

He laughed softly,afraid that he will push his ribcage limit. “ Maybe I shouldn’t have play ‘cat and mice’ game when I could just giving my best to woo you.”

“ Woo me? You are more like trying to annoy me.” I laughed as I was patting his head. “ Good boy.”

“ Well, lets stop talking about me.. How about you? Why did you save me?” Kris held my hand that was his hair. He wrapped our hand together and it actually perfectly fit.

I wanted to say that I was feeling the same. The feeling of possessiveness,the feeling of knowing him but then I had my pride. I’m not gay!

“ Because you save me when I fainted and after all you are wounded because of me. It just a payment.” I said. A lie, a hurtful lie.

“ Oh.” Kris looked kind of sad for a few seconds but he regained his cold façade and let go of our hand that were wrapping together.

“ I don’t have the same feelings that you have. I’m not gay Kris.”

Kris moved away from the couch, standing beside me,ignoring the painful stabs on his ribcage. He was emotionless again and now I bet that he really did have some personality disorder. He sometimes, playful and sarcastic but another time, he was gloomy and angry.

“ Okay then. I understand Kai. After this, please forget our conversation. Lets return to where we actually belong.” With that, he disappeared too.

Leaving nothing aside his scent.