Chapter 1

Heaven Hell

‘ I don’t care anymore. Let them talk. I will always pick you over them.’

‘ You are going to lose everything’

‘ As long I don’t lose you, that is enough’

…..

Knock Knock Knock

“Kai, aren’t you going to wake up soon? Because we are going to be ing late for classes!” Kai slowly opened up his heavy eyelids. His hand slowly rubbing his eye to freshen up a little bit.

“ Baekhyun?” He asked with hoarse voice. It was a stupid question but still the fact that he was in groggy state, he need to ask.

“ Oh wow,nope! I am a prince from faraway land! Coming to get you!” Kai rolled his eyes as he fully awake. He knew that Baekhyun was in a bad mood now so he abruptly woke up and rushed to the bathroom.

He took 10 minutes in the bathroom and he clearly could hear the grunt from the outside of his room. He knew how y Baekhyun could be when he was pissed off. As to avoid that, he had to limit his time in the bathroom that usually last for 1 hour.

He went to the mirror to straighten his tie and comb his hair. His smooth brown reached his shoulder a little bit and he thought that maybe that he needs to cut his hair. He tucked his bang neatly at his ear so it wouldn’t get in the way of his eyesight.

“ Oh my god,Kai! What the heck are you doing in there!?” Kai put a frown on his face and glared at the door. He walked to the door and unlocked it. He took the card from the switch that held the card. Immediately, the room was pitch black.

Kai twisted the knob and completely opened it. His brown eyes studied Baekhyun who was obviously irritated and longing to kill someone off today. Kai gulped and quickly turned to face at the floor.

“ Yahoo, at last! I thought you are making cake inside your room which was impossible because we don’t have kitchen equipment!” Baekhyun snarled as gripped Kai arm and dragged him outside of the dorm.

There were 7 dorms in total inside of the school. It had its own name and reason behind it. Kai remembered the first day he had to come to this school. It was because of treaty alliance between the demons and the guardians. Baekhyun and Kai were put in this school to ensure that they, guardians, were serious about the alliance.

Originally, there were only 6 dorms in the school. There were many things that need to be reminded about each dorms. Each dorms occupied by different royal family of the demons. The first dorm that situated just upside the hill was called as ‘Black Heart’. Black heart was a dorm for the oldest royal family that everyone could think for. They were respected and their authority were strong over the demons and also among the other royal families.

Second, the dorm that in the middle of the forest. The dorm that called as ‘Scarlet Blood’. The demons that occupied the dorm were very aggressive and treated as warrior among the demons. They have been the most clearly rejected the idea of the treaty alliance. They said that it was futile to treat the guardians better when everyone knew the facts that the guardians were the one who banished them from the lands.

Third, the ‘Black Roses’ which was situated beside the school buildings. It was a dorm for the royal families that appreciated the research thingy and it was undeniable that they were genius. The other demons were genius too but they didn’t have any feelings to put into research. That was the only difference.

Fourth, ‘Dark Raven’ that was in the mountain. Dark Raven was also against the treaty alliance but was not apparent in it. They loved sports so much and every morning, it was said that they were having a marathon at the mountain. Athletic indeed.

Fifth, the dorm that named as ‘ Astral’. Their dorm were called as that because of the realm that was ruled by them. It was beautiful and surpassed any of the physics. However, no realms that could challenge with Black Heart realm beauty. Their dorm were situated just above the Dark Raven dorm.

Sixth, the ‘crescent moon’ dorm that was place beside the lakes. Usually in the middle of the night, the fireflies always surrounded the area and every person who walked by would think that the place was occupied by heavenly people. How wrong that thought!

After discussing the treaty alliance, the principal of the demon’s school finally decide to add a new dorms for the guardians. The dorm called as the ‘white feather’. That was where Kai and Baekhyun resided now. Thinking about it back, it was a hilarious name but suitable indeed. The guardians do have a white wings. Only it took time for the teenagers to have it.

“ Snap out of it,Kai!” Kai was stunned when Baekhyun suddenly pinched him at his thigh in the middle of the class. Miss Aleksandre,the biology teacher, crossed her arms and frowned at Kai.

“ Well, Kai, what do you want to ask? It seems you are eager to ask something.” Kai glared at Baekhyun and curled his lips as he stand up. Baekhyun immediately pretending to read the book but his eyes kept darting on Kai every minutes.’

“ Um, I—I wanted to know if- err”. Miss Aleksandre arched her eyebrow and her ghostly silver eyes studied Kai figure every now and then. “ I wanted to know how demons having !!” Kai said as fast as he could without thinking.

Baekhyun chocked on his own saliva and ‘what the hell!?’ was written on his face. The other guardians were having funny expression as some of them having their mouth wide opened and couldn’t believe the facts that Kai was asking that. Miss Aleksandre, one of the demons, smiled sadistically and not blushing at all. She flipped her dark red hair and twisting the strand with her long and perfect forefinger.

“ Well, I must say that we are all aggressive.” She smirked proudly at Kai. Kai was thinking what did he ask before and finally realised what kind of questions he had ask. He face palmed his face to hide his embarrassment as the demons in the class were giving him flirty looks.

“ Well you can sit now, Kai.” Kai quickly sat down and faced Baekhyun who was not fully compose at all.

“ Dude, that was one of stupid questions.” Baekhyun said softly. Kai narrowed his eyes and glared at Baekhyun. He was sure if Baekhyun didn’t pinch him, this wouldn’t happen. Knowing that he was being blame for, Baekhyun chuckled softly. Suddenly a boy who sat in front of them turned his head to face them.

“ Miss Aleksandre might’ve thought that you are hitting on her. By the way, I am Kyungsoo. It is nice to meet you two, fellow guardians.” Kyungsoo winked at Kai and Baehyun who was returning the smile. “ And the one who sat beside me, his names is Lay.” The ‘Lay’ guy waved his hands without looking at them. It was clear that he was seriously listening to the teaching.

“ Right, let me dig my grave first before any obscene things happen.” Kai tapped his fingers on the wooden surface of his desk. He hummed a quite melodic song while his eyes scanned the sentence in the book. Baekhyun and Kyungsoo snickered and Lay also chuckled softly. Well it seems he paid attention to me.

Kai suddenly felt very uncomfortable. It was like someone was watching him. The others don’t seem to realise anything but he was very certain someone was watching him. He felt Goosebumps all over his body like the time when he watched Freddie Krueger for the first time. That time he was sure human sanity. Like why making a show that will scared the living daylight of human!?

Kai slid his hand towards Baekhyun shoulder and slowly turned his head 135 degree to the left. Baekhyun didn’t seems to mind and continued whispering something at Kyungsoo. Of course Kai didn’t pay any attention to any of it and kept scanning a bunch of students behind his back.

His eyes stopped at one person who was being surrounded by beautiful girls who was admiring him. His hair was golden in colour as the wind blew at it softly. His dark eyes gleaming even though it was in the morning and the sun waving in the sky. Kai could see the freckles of golden in his eyes.

‘ Ah he must be from Black Heart dorm’

Before Kai returned to his original position, he caught that the male was smirking rather obviously at him. Kai gulped and took his hand back from Baekhyun shoulder.

Baekhyun and Kyungsoo noticed the sudden change of attitudes and looked curiously at Kai. Kai smiled weakly.

“ Okay, pumpkin, what happen?” Kyungsoo asked teasingly.

“ Yeah, why are you so pale..? Don’t tell me that you are sick?” Baekhyun placed his hand softly at Kai forehead to check his temperature. “ No, you aren’t sick, so why?” His hand left Kai forehead immediately.

“ Trouble.”