Chapter 3

Heaven Hell

After the whole ordeal in the class, Kai kept pacing around his thought. He didn’t understand the infamous Kris Wu was saying or more truthfully, he didn’t want to know. Kyungsoo and Baekhyun were exceptionally quiet about it but couldn’t deny that they were part of the game. As to say about Lay, he still won’t budge to break the ice with Kai but seeing his disdain expression, Lay knew he was put in the game too.

“ We just enrolled yesterday and already added an enemy? I don’t have a words to say now.” Kyungsoo ruffled his hair with his hands quite roughly. Now his neat and nerdy hair finally turn to look alike a bad boy. Kai sighed.

“ I should have just apologize.” Kai grimaced as he said that. Obviously, he hated to apologize. It hurt his pride. His father taught him to take care of his ego more so this was the result of it. “They hate losing,those demon.”

“ No! Why would you want to apologize? You aren’t at fault. Well I mean you are but he wasn’t injure or anything! You have right for not apologizing… I guess.” Kyungsoo stated but actually questioning whether he was siding with Kris or Kai.

“ Oh my god! You are really siding with him Kyungsoo!” Baekhyun made his insult sounds. He face palmed himself and made an ‘O’ shaped mouth. He faced Kyungsoo who was scowling at him as he walked with Lay who was reading a message from his iphone. “ Don’t tell me you are falling in love with Mr- Bleach- Haired now!?”

“ I did not!” Kyungsoo was disgust with the idea and gritted his teeth as he refrained himself from pushing Baekhyun into the ground.

Before anything happen, Kai quickly pushed apart those two. “ Easy there..” Kai patted those two back and smiled softly as they looked at the opposite way. “ He is watching.” Kai said. Baekhyun and Kyungsoo blinked a few times and slowly lowered their body. Their eyes darted on each other and finally averted their gazes to Kai. Kai tussled his own hair and his eyelids dropped a little.

“ Who?” Kyungsoo asked.

“ Kris.” Lay blurted out.

“EHH!?” Kyungsoo almost yell out loud but fortunately, Baekhyun elbowed him on his stomach that made him fell on his knees to the floor. He grunted harshly and flashed his glare at Baekhyun who acted like he didn’t see it. Kai shook his head and put his thumb and forefinger to his temple. Slowly, he massaged it and ponder how the hell he made friends with bunch of weird people.

“ Can you shut up for a moment?” Lay warned at Kyungsoo while Baekhyun nodded as Lay lectured Kyungsoo. “ He is watching. Right. Now.”

“ Where? Where?” Kyungsoo eyes wander aimlessly, looking for the bleach haired demon. Lay rolled his eyes and suddenly hit Kyungsoo with his book. Kyungsoo rubbed his head slowly,feeling the agony of being hit hard on the head.

“ Don’t do that,idiot. You are going to attract attention. Look, everyone are looking at us.” Lay whispered. Kyungsoo then understand their situation. He really attract most of the students in the hall today with his actions.

“ Oh fine. “ Kyungsoo pouted.

Kai sighed. His put his hands into the pockets,his head looked up into the air. He made an eyes contact with Kris who smirked at him. What took him from his guard was when Kris winked seductively at him. He stopped abruptly. Baekhyun who walked behind him, hit his back and receiving an ‘aww’ from both side.

“ You should have light up your red light if you want to stop…” Baekhyun hissed. Kai rolled his eyes as matter of fact. He even stuck out his tongue and chuckled when Baekhyun pouted cutely.

“ Err, I don’t want to ruin your brotherhood moment but we need to go. We need food but foods don’t wait for us.” Kyungsoo deadpanned. The others nodded and followed his pace to the cafeteria. On the way there, they kept teasing each other and Lay seems to talk more. Kai noticed that Lay wasn’t that quiet, he just had his moment when he needs to be alone.

When they got their table, everyone sat comfortably on their seat. Kai placed both of his hands on the table and yet again tapped the table like he was playing some sort of song. Lay hugged his body with his arms. He did told the others that he hated cold temperature so much and judge by the goosebumps that Kai had felt, he was sure that the temperature in the room must be lower than 20 degree but he didn’t mind it. Kyungsoo and Baekhyun went off to take the foods for the others as those two actually lose in rock paper scissor.

“ Kai, I think you are in trouble.” Lay stated. Kai made a sideway short glance at Lay and rolled his eyes.

“Even blind person could see.” Kai said with a sigh. He heard many rumour about the infamous Kris Wu and his father,who wasn’t actually care at all actually warned him about Zelmon royal family too especially, Kris Wu.

“ My son, I hope for the best of you at your new school. And… I don’t wish your sadness over this but this is something we must do, and you,you are the prince and the next king. Kai remember that. Don’t tarnish our family name.” The king stood up from his throne. He walked from the aisle and gracefully descend the stairs. He finally closed his distance with his only son,Kai. Kai who was on his one knee as his hand placed on his other knee. He was half sit on the marble floor that was crafted rather beautifully with its flower themed design.

The throne room was decorated with many paintings that was bought all over the world. There was a flag attached to each of the chandeliers. The flags shown a picture of white wings with swords clashed between it. That is Vastral symbol,the known kingdom that had banished the fallen guardian or you could say right now,demon.

“ Yes father. Anything you says, I will obey.” Kai said obediently. The king nodded slowly. He put his hand on his son shoulder and squeezed it. Kai was thinking, is his father trying to comfort him?

“ You can dismiss now.” He retreated his hands and truthfully speaking, Kai loved the warm from his father hand. It had been a long time since his father actually giving him that kind of warm of a family,a father.

Kai got up and stood on his two legs. He curled his lips and gracefully bowed at his father who was closing his eyes and nodded. Kai was wearing a plain white button up shirts and a black vest with a black slacks and black formal shoes because that day was the day the ball for the treaty alliance. After the ball, his father actually called him to the throne room to inform him about the circumstance of the affair.

The shocking thing was that the main family of every demon kingdom didn’t attend the ball. They gave an excuse, saying they had too much things that needs to be sorted out for the alliance and moreover the facts that the guardian will enroll their school. The guardian grew awry about that, afraid they might’ve put their lives on the line by agreeing with the treaty alliance.

Before Kai could step out from the throne room, his hand already at the handle of the diamond adorned door, his father suddenly said something that Kai needs to be worry about.

“ Don’t attract any of the main family attention. Especially, those from Zelmon royal family. I heard many bad rumour about them.You might’ve only heard the good rumour. Everyone actually heard all the good rumour about them.Like seriously.” He deadpanned. Kai turned his head to look at his father. His father returned the look with worry on his face. “ No, child. Don’t even think that they are nice like a porcelain angels. They just… that bad that they were the one who start to rebel. The mastermind. The leader.” His father released his breath. His majestic robe hanging on his shoulder, swayed when he moved his body to face the window.

The window let the darkness of the night crept in. The stars that decorated the sky glowing lightly as it dancing with the moon that shone the land a little bit unlike the sun. The king sighed softly as he set his head up. He was in his thirty’s. Now that Kai was 16 years old, the king was 30 years old, marrying at the age of 12 years old with a princess aged 13 years old, that came from part of his branch family. Because of the death of his grandfather, his father needs to ascend the throne at young age, when he was 13 years old.

Kai mother’s died when Kai hit the age of 5 years old. He was loved before but soon after her mother’s death,not a single glance from his father was given to him. The only person he could talk to, was his own caretaker. He was really young to understand the reason why his mother died but after he became more mature, he realised that his mother was poisoned. Maybe if he knew this from the day his mother die, he might’ve want revenge but now he felt no remorse over it. He didn’t care anymore after he was treated very badly by his own father that ignored his own existence. Baekhyun was also became part of him that kept him from going insane.  

He hates him.

“ I heard many good things about their son. The main family of Zelmon’s has 2 childrens, one son while the other is a daughter. This son… Avoid him as much of you can. He seems to be good to be true. “ The king informed. He, sometimes,his eyes kept looking at Kai but seems too reluctance to make eyes contact.

“ Kris Wu?” Kai asked.

“ Yes, Kris Wu. I also heard that he tend to bully the new kids.” He stated. Kai arched his eyebrow at his dad. Is his father actually investigated the school for him?

The king made an awkward laugh. “ I.. just heard a bad rumour. That’s all… I’m not sending a spy or anything.” He chuckled again and it was really awkward like he was hiding something. Kai tried to compose himself from smiling.

“ Earth to KAI!” Kai was shocked when he got back into reality, he was met with a ‘chu’ face Baekhyun who was nearing his face. Kai pushed Baekhyun away rather harshly.

“ Ouch, that’s hurt like a .” Baekhyun rubbed his with his hand. He felt a slight stinging pain on his when he fell on the floor on his .

Lay shook his head while Kyungsoo laughed, his hands kept smacking the table. Kai noticed that they got a new member at the table. There was a blond haired kid with rose cheeks,his doe eyes narrowing as he watched Baekhyun sprawling on the floor,he wanted to laugh but he didn’t.

That new kid caught Kai was studying him. Kai looked away soon after they made an eyes contact. Lay who realised the questions that Kai wanted to ask, quickly introduce the blond haired kid.

“ This is Luhan, Kai. Thank you for not paying attention when I introduced him to you just a moment ago.” Lay smiled at Kai. A threatening smile indeed. “ Luhan is my cousin. He is the main family of Graxia Kingdom. “

“ Oh, Luhan.. So you are the crown prince?” Kai looked at Luhan who was actually watching him with his black doe eyes.

Luhan laughed. He was amused with Kai question and grinned. His smooth thin fingers held his tie and tightening it. “ No,my little brother are.” Kai looked confuse but didn’t pester on it because Luhan seems didn’t want to explain.

When Luhan ended his statement, Baekhyun already returned to his seat. He pouted cutely at Kai and put both of his hands on Kai shoulders. He shook Kai body vigorously that Kai almost strangle him for that. Baekhyun stopped his stupid action as his stomach grumbling,annoy that there was no food to be digest.

Kyungsoo already took his foods from the counter and smiled apologetically at Baekhyun who pouted again. “ What a friend.” Baekhyun hissed at Kyungsoo.

He left the table to go to the counter. The trays were put on the counter neatly and students weren’t that many to queue the line for the foods. Baekhyun took the tray and wait for his turn. As he got to the food counters, he picked green salads with one thousand island poured into it and a glass of milk.  Just as he about to go through a mass of people, someone pushed him from behind. As a result, his tray was flying up into the air and accidentally, the piles on the tray fell on one person.

Baekhyun’s mouth tightened and his eyes turned wide. Every students were looking at Baekhyun now and then looked at the victim, they whispered things that Baekhyun couldn’t comprehend. Kai and the others rushed to Baekhyun and asked whether he was alright. Baekhyun nodded.

The victim looked at Baekhyun. Baekhyun didn’t knew why but he was certain that person was smirking just like how Kris’s smirk. With a snapped of his fingers, the clothes that was stained with the foods was clean. The mess on the white floor also disappeared. Baekhyun went tense when that person was standing in front of him. The others averting their looks at that boy too and smiled apologetically.

That boy suddenly grabbed Baekhyun’s tie and made Baekhyun body stumbled onto his body. The close contact was making Baekhyun grimaced and struggled from the grip but he paused his action as the more he fight, the more it hurts to breathe.

“ You are the one who did that stunt right?” He said playfully yet threateningly. Baekhyun could feel his hot breath on his cheeks and that was how much close was with that boy.

That boy had brown shoulder length haired but not actually reaching the shoulder. His thick eyebrow with thick eyelashes and his blue eyes that were glowing,one of the traits of the royal family member of Yisha Kingdom. The kingdom that sent their children to Astral dorm. Yes, Yisha did had a beautiful scenery.

“ Yes, and I’m really sorry about that. I didn’t mean to do that.” Baekhyun quickly apologize. The others nodded too, like they were asking for approval or something. It seems like the uproar had cause the others student to look at them curiously maybe waiting for a fight to happen.

“ Sorry?” That boy questioned. Baekhyun took a deep breathe. Its hard when your ego actually being crushed.

“ Yes.” Baekhyun said softly and it was almost quiet.

“ Then, you need to make up for it.” That boy let go of his tie and crossed his arms. He kept that close distance and didn’t move from his place.

“ And that is?” The others already turned to look at each other. Kai and Lay sighed again and kept asking whether this was their bad luck for the day.

“ Be my slave for one day.”

“ HA!?” Not just Baekhyun who said that, the other students also gasped. Kai made an ‘O’ face and Lay limped his body. Kyungsoo and Luhan curled their lips to this event. They really didn’t know what to say because this was actually normal to ask for that kind of request especially if you had done something like throwing the foods all over the royal family member face.

“ LIKE HELL! THAT IS DEGRADING! ASK THE MAID TO DO THAT!” Baekhyun yelled at that boy who was smirking deviously.

“ But I’m not interested in maid. I’m interested in someone who threw the foods all over me.” He replied.

“ I just said sorry didn’t I?” Baekhyun hissed.

“ A sorry isn’t enough. Moreover…” He suddenly grabbed Baekhyun’s tie again, his mouth was very close with Baekhyun ear. “ Kris already gave me his green light.”  He whispered hotly on Baekhyun. Before he let go he bit on the skin of Baekhyun ear roughly that it left a red teeth mark on the soft skin.

Baekhyun yelped and put his hand to his ear and rubbed it slowly. He glared a dagger at the person and suddenly, Kris appeared beside that guy. Kai eyes went wide and on impulse, he dragged Baekhyun away from them as he realised the true situation here. However, that boy suddenly yanked Baekhyun away from Kai grasp. Kris clapped his hands and smiled widely at Kai and the others. Now hearing the claps, the other students dismissed from the crowd and continued their routine. Even the other guardian ignored them because too afraid to make an enemy with big influential people.

“ Baekhyun-ah… Don’t be that cold hearted.” Baekhyun was struggling with the position,the position where he was hugged from behind and his hands were pinned down.

The others tried to take Baekhyun away but before they could do anything 4 students appeared in front of them and blocked the way.

“ Oi, Chanyeol, that was funny to look at. I mean you let the foods fell all over you.” The red haired demon said with amused tone.

“ Sometimes I need to lose my cool too.” He smirked, his gaze still darted on Baekhyun who glared at him with hate.

“ What is the meaning of this?!” Kai snarled at Kris who was checking him out.

“ Didn’t I just told you that the game start now?” Kris laughed as he played with his hair strand. His golden haired actually shone when the light focused on it.

Kai gritted his teeth. He was actually trying to control his anger, his fists tightened to the core as of right now, he could see only red. “Game? I really wanted to know what kind of game we are playing. Every players need to know their position right.”

Kris smirked became wider and amusement wrote on his face.

“ We are playing cat and mice game.”