Chapter 4

Heaven Hell

Chapter 4

“Cat and mice game? Really?” Kai said in mocking tone. He arched his brow and his eyes were narrowing after listening to Kris. Kris smiled again yet amused by Kai reactions.

“ Here and there, we thought the game suited for all of you, guardian.” Kris said. He played with his golden strand that got in the way with his eyesight. He fumbled with it as his gaze stayed onto Kai.

“ Suited huh? And why is that?” Baekhyun who was in the enemy’s hold finally talk. He already stopped struggling but Chanyeol bear in his mind not to relax or Baekhyun might took the chance to escape. “ I don’t remember doing things that the demon don’t like.”

Kris’s smile faltered. It turned into a frown which highly visible to all of them. He wasn’t happy to the least hearing that. “ Should I rendezvous back for how long guardian has mistreated us? Is that what you meant by so called doing nothings?” Kris asked menacingly. His composure still there and not wavering but everyone could guess from the way his fist formed, he was clearly out of it.

“ It is your own fault. “ Baekhyun stated. Lay came in front one of Kris friends, the one who had jet black hair and amethyst eyes. Lay stood In front of him with unrelenting step and after a few seconds went by, Lay punched the boy through his stomach with his left hand. The punch resulted with the boy fell to the ground, not knowing that Lay was thinking to attack him.

“ Do you have to do that, seriously?” That boy said as he struggled with the pain at his stomach, his back facing Lay who was nearing Chanyeol, suddenly lashed out his hand and roughly yanked Lay away from those two.

“Buhoo, Suho got owned by guardian!” The one with the red eyes whistling. He was practically towering Kyungsoo, by any means Kyungsoo was not feeling a little bit intimidated.  “ That is a real sight. Ne- Hyung!” The mocking tone was sure there. Suho glared at him but then smirked.

“Shut up,panda boy.” Suho complained teasingly.

Kris who was listening the exchange, switched his moods to the playful type. Sometimes Kai wonder whether this bleach haired demon was really a bi polar person. His father would most likely regretted sending him to the enemy lair by now. “ So sweet of you, Baekhyun. As I might’ve recalled back… Aren’t your Kingdom banished back then?” Baekhyun frowned and sadness stricken on his faces. Chanyeol steadied his gazes on him and turned to look at Kris who was glaring at Baekhyun so ferociously.

“ STOP IT!” Kai expression went tense and anger enveloped his body. He didn’t particularly like it when someone told Baekhyun that kind of story. Kris went to his sadistic mode as he realised Kai was containing himself from strangling him.

Luhan who was very much quiet finally relent to talk. “ Stay away bleach haired demon!” The commanding tone and most of all the direct insult passed. Everyone were keeping their mouth shut. Kai shook his head. Baekhyun gulped. Lay went a full wide eyed mode. Kyungsoo just looking bewildered and a chuckle nearly escape from his mouth.

“ Bleach what?!” Kris almost blurted the words out but couldn’t when he tasted bile in his mouth.

“ Bleach?! Hahahahaha!” Suho nearly fell to the floor again but he held himself from being too over dramatic. His laugh bombarding in the air and cause the other members to laugh too. Baekhyun took the chance to escape. He stepped onto Chanyeol foot hard enough to make Chanyeol jumped up and down as he kept holding his leg with his hands.

“ That’s hurts a lot! How much tons your legs are!”Chanyeol said as his a few lines appeared on his forehead. He was struggling with the pain eventually. Baekhyun ran to his friends and the demons just let him through. They were snickering at Chanyeol and Kris chuckled,watching how Chanyeol acted like a kid. “ Don’t snicker. It hurts like a lot. Like a trunk. Or yeah… Is there anything else?” Baekhyun shook his head and cursed this demon.

“ Is he stupid?” Lay whispered at Kai. Kai looked at him and rolled his eyes. “I take that as yes.” Lay said. Kai nodded and patted his friend’s back.

“ Hey hey hey.. I heard that you!” Chanyeol yell at them and then put his hands into the pocket and relaxed his body at the wall. “ I’m not stupid for your information.” It didn’t sounds like a mean threat but Kai wasn’t that sure because sure hell, that the demon hate to lose.

Kris and Kai started to have the staring contest which Kai tightened his lips and glare. Kris smirked proudly and hanging his arms on Chanyeol and Suho shoulders. The other one who was nonchalantly looked at the commotion finally enter into the argument.

With his hair combed a little bit messy like he just woke up from the slumber, his tie was not being tightened and his piercing cold eyes went to look at Luhan who was also staring back. That boy immediately averted his sight and turned to stare at the other guardian.

“ Chen.. “ Luhan muttered softly but Kai who stood beside him,heard it clearly. He quickly looked at the boy with the piercing cold eyes. Chen yawned and looked at Luhan lazily. He seems to liken the idea to ignore Luhan. Luhan closed his mouth and didn’t let out any sounds after that.

“ Chen, is he your friends?” The red haired demon said. He crossed his arms over his chest as he crooked his mouth. “ Well then, isn’t this a nice reunion. Seeing your friends enrolling at the same school.” He snickered.

Luhan grumbled under his breath. If looks could kill, that demon will swim in his own blood by now. Unfortunately, nothing can be done because everything in this school were controlled by the demon government itself. The guardian is at their own dead wits now.

“ Shut up,Sehun!” Chen hissed, deadly. Sehun huffed and waved his hands sassily as Kris narrowing his eyes threateningly at Sehun. “ He just my old friend, but .. Now he is my enemy. Nothing less,nothing more.” Chen said without feeling any remorse while Luhan tightened his lips. It would be a lie if he said that he didn’t hurt by it.

“ Okay,okay, I understand. No need to tell the whole world ,Chen.” Kris shook his head, unimpressed with the situation. “ Truthfully speaking, I don’t like the idea that you guys are here. It was unsightly.” Kris smirked.

“ Do I hear past tense?” Kai questioned. He knew that fact very well and sure as hell those demon showed it very well when the orientation began a few days ago. They were glaring at the guardian especially at those who held the title of the royal family. Some of them insulted at Kai and not taking too much of effort to quiet down.

“ Very much,Kai.” Kris stated, matter of fact. Kai grimaced and looked at him in the eyes. “ However, you guys are worth a very good entertainment. So now, rather than throw all of you to the demon that hungry for the royal family, we agreed to make you guys ours.”

“ Gay?” Baekhyun asked, he held his disgust rather well but everybody could see that he was gritting his teeth. “Do you even know who we are? You spoke to us like we are nothing but a dog!”

“ Do ual orientation do matter?” Kris replied with another question. “ We are the generation that will never age. with guys mean nothing for me.Anyhow, dogs are cute.”

“ Right… For sure I wanted to see how my babies look alike. I don’t have any time for stupid carnal pleasure with a man especially.” Kai said. He ruffled his hair roughly and walked away from the group. The other followed Kai soon along the way. Kris nod to his friends,as a sign to let those respective guardian leave. A smirk form on his lips as his eyes glinted with curiosity.

…..

Kai returned to his room after the school ended. He was exhausted and his limbs were numbed ,after all of the annoying occurrence that happens. Luhan became much more silent,Lay ignored almost everything and paid no mind to anything as Suho kept disturbing him,Kyungsoo and Baekhyun stuck to each other all the time and Kai felt left out.

Literally.

What caught Kai attention was that Kris never disturb him. He only send a wink and a smirk that looked exotic on his lips.

“ Why the heck am I thinking about that bastard!?”Kai yelled in his room. ‘Oh great! I am crazy now!’ Kai rubbed his forehead to ease his headache. It was too much just for a day.

He went to the bathroom to refresh himself with a nice hot shower. After ten minutes, he left the bathroom,half ,his bottom half was covered by a white fluffy towel. A few drips of water trickling down from his wet hair.

Just when he was about to open his wooden wardrobe, the sounds of email is coming suddenly ring from his laptop that was laid on his nighstand. He heaved a sigh. Nothing went well for him nowadays. He was a prince for goodness sake but he needs to face all the problems by himself. He remembered how the demon treated them in the class but not to Kai and his friends. Just the other guardian besides them. They were treated harshly with insults, degrading their status as a noble and as guardian. The teachers also not being fair,they ignored the humiliation that was put on to the guardian.

“ This better be important.” Kai seethed,annoyed.

He went to the nightstand, snatched his laptop and flopped to his bed. He bounced a little but immediately steadied himself. He switched on his laptop, various icons appeared on the monitor and then he clicked the message icon that situated along the coordinated icon.

He put his laptop on his laps and relaxed his legs as the message being opened from the files. He looked at it with nonchalant face but as the message appeared, Kai turned sour and his hands trembled.

Good evening, my son,

 Kai, the demon is starting to navigate their influence into the council. If this kept up, we are sure to lose our influence. The other creature have started to trust them and as much I hate to say this, the nobles are supporting them too and protested that the monarchy system isn’t good. Be careful at their school,Kai. Be sure to keep this as a secret. We don’t want the demon to take this as a wage to war.

P.S Are you okay right there? Did they give you enough food?