Chapter 6

Heaven Hell

Chapter 6

KAI POV

Nothing.

I was feeling nothing as I looked at the wide sky. It just like a portrait that I couldn’t touch with my heart. The birds were singing but I was gloomy,searching for any souls that she had left.

“Stop right there,Kai!” Baekhyun yelled on top of his lungs.

I came to stop and right there, I finally noticed that I was walking into the lake.

“ You could have warn me sooner!” I yelled back. My pants is wet,the water was dampening it and it irked my skin.

“ Oh yeah? Don’t you hear me yapping right from the start? I look alike an idiot. Thanks for ruining my image for the year. If I had that image or so.” Baekhyun grumbled. He was cute with his pout.

“ Stop being childish and help me!” I walked towards him as he kept cursing,more cursing when he saw that my pants is really wet.

“ Ergh.. I don’t get it how reckless you are.” He said that yet he helped me remove the water from my pants with our magic. The water turned into bubble and reverted around us like in the movie.

“ This could be a romantic but remind me, where all of this bubbles are coming from?” I chuckled with his clean freak. Baekhyun hated dirt so much that he even clean up all of the mess in my room. It just the maids weren’t doing any better so I relied on Baekhyun so much that it hurts.

“ From my wet dream.”

“ Eww disgusting! I am not going to participate in that!” Baekhyun threw the bubble right into my face. I laughed harder as he sulked.

“ Okay okay.. This is what I called wet Baekhyun.” I smeared the mud on his face. He cowered in horror but he went out his way to do the same.

We were playing with the mud near the lake without noticing the slight change of our surrounding. However, after a few moments, I stopped as my heart raced skyward. The feelings of danger and death. The scent of powerful demon.

“ I always thought that guardian is a clean freak but it seems their nature change over the years.”

Baekhyun and I tilted our head to look at the person. As I recognised the person, the golden haired and the abyss eyes. I glared ferociously. Baekhyun couldn’t take his eyes off and looked at him with pure madness. I held Baekhyun arm so that he will stop shaking and do something stupid.

“ Ahh.. That face. I remember the day your parents were killed. You were looking at me with those eyes,swearing that one day I will die in your hands.” He said playfully. He eyed Baekhyun up and down and chuckled. “ But can you? I am something else afterall.”

“ Maybe not now but one day, I will make sure your blood spilled on the GROUND!” Baekhyun screamed, it was deafening but I just couldn’t let his hand go. I cannot lose Baekhyun!

He chuckled evilly.

Now, his eyes went towards my figure. As he met my gaze, I could catch a longing and hell I am sure it wasn’t for me. But he quickly shadowed it with disgust. His bodyguards that escorting him blocked my vision. I couldn’t see his figure anymore as he walked away.

“ Baekhyun, lets go.” I tried to pull Baekhyun but he was a crying mess. I couldn’t help but to hug him tight. He sniffed softly and welcome my kindness.

“ Is Jihyun…?”

“ Yes. Jihyun is the concubine for Zelmon King, King Fraust. She was waiting for him.” I told him monotonely.

“ HA. HA. HA. “ Baekhyun was heartbroken and I patted his shoulder to ease the burden even if it was just a little bit. He needed that motherly affection more than I need.

“ You should stand up now. There is no use to cry about this. That Jihyun betrayed us when she became a fallen. A disgrace for our family.”

“ Is she? “ Baekhyun laughed hysterically again. He was at lost.

I pulled him into tight embrace, caressing his shoulder to loosen up. His sobs became subtle and then a few seconds later, he stopped to wipe away those tears. We stood up together and fixed our shirt before we start making our way to the dorm.

In the middle of night, I couldn’t sleep. There were something wrong with my dreams, like it was narrating something. I saw blood and kept on hearing ‘traitor’, crying,screaming and promises of a lover in the dreams. I wanted it to stop but it kept on replaying again and again.

In the end, I decided to go out, maybe by smelling the air outside will help lighten my mood. I took my black leather jacket from my closet and zipped up. Because I’m so lazy,moody, I didn’t put off my pyjama. It was embarrassing if someone actually saw me with this. The Pikachu printed on the linen pyjama was making my day even harder but who actually went out in the middle of the night? So the risk isn’t there. That is what I thought!

As I reached the garden just beside my dorm, I stretched my body until the crack sound could be heard. The soil was covered with lush green grass, some of them sprouted beautiful kind of flowers that colouring the heavy dull atmosphere in the night. The trees were swaying right and left while leaving addictive odour behind.

The winds that follow the night was soft and peaceful.

I love this.

I noticed a bench under the big shady tree just beside a pond. I walked to the bench and sat on it while chuckling as I saw a duck rolled on the small bump of the soil. That duck as if he was listening,suddenly looking at me and glared. I laughed harder this time and putted my hand on his head. I patted his head softly and he actually purred.

“ You like ducks?”

I stopped.

Then I moved away from the duck and glared at the person who was leaning by the tree. He was wearing a black buttoned up collared shirt with striking red tie. His formal pants look alike somewhat elegant and somewhat making him look alike a high class.

Wait!

He is a high class demon! He’s a prince, dude!

“ Mmmhh, do you think that isn’t a question you should give me?” I asked back without giving a definite answer.

He doted his eyes on me and finally sigh as he walked towards me with his eyes boring into mine.

“ Don’t teach me what questions that I can ask and what I cannot.” He stated unimpressed.

I shrugged my shoulder and pulled myself up from the bench. I turned my body to face him.

“ Well, you don’t have much choice in that because I don’t have any particular interest in you. Please don’t speak to me if you don’t respect that.”

“ Feisty.” He said with mocking tone. “ I also don’t need to remind you that this isn’t your home country. I can do whatever I want, darling.”

As he emphasized the ‘darling’… I could felt the wave and the surge of memory but it was a blur one so I waved it away. I touched my forehead, the feelings of nauseous attacked me so hard.

“ Hey, hey!”

The last thing I remembered was that, Kris support my body as I lumped on the ground. He was panic-stricken,shaking my body for me to regain consciousness. But then… Darkness hit all over me.