Chapter 5

Heaven Hell

Kai switched off his laptop and made sure that encrypted code to keep his laptop safe from intruders work out. By any means, he almost expect that problem will occur sooner or later. There was no doubt that the demons never consider the treaty alliance, less likely they wanted to live happily ever after with the guardians who might technically gotten to do with their ‘fallen’ status.

It all starts with hatred.

Kai shook his head, his hand massage the temple. He wasn’t ready for this. For sure he wasn’t. War wasn’t in the plan but truly what the demons after. His father seems to be at lost based on the letter, considering that he brought his own son to a real hell.

Blood gore, agony, screaming, misery. All of that were the pleasure of the demon.

All he hope was that everything will run smoothly for the next 2 years…

“ I will love the moment of peace now!” Baekhyun muttered, gritting his teeth as he walked with angry stride.

Luhan kept his head down and sigh, he seems to at lost too since those ‘people’ never stop bothering them day and night. Now that they were heading to the library without disturbance, at least for now.

“ Really? I thought you like the attention.” Kai chuckled as he said so. “ I’m not going to judge you for it.”

“ Funny, Kai, Funny.” Baekhyun hit Kai back’s real hard that Kai grimaced. “It is not that hard, dude. You don’t have to make a face.”

Kai gave his scornful glare. “ I could just hit you with a motorbike and acted like it was a bloody accident.” Baekhyun back away. Nobody wanted to get hit by motorbike unfortunately. “ Just kidding bro. I am not that unmerciful. I’m just ruthless.” Kai showed his white teeth, grinning widely.

“ Cut it off,you two!” Luhan interfered. Nobody supposed to break his thought as it was. “ You guys are too noisy. Might’ve attract their attention by now.”

“Uh-uh.. please not them.” Lay grumbled quietly at his place.

The library was at the left wing of the school, with carving woods appeared on the wall. It was magnificent sight as the black crystals floating every corner of the room. The chairs and the tables left unattended without no one giving a care. Look alike it was never use before.

It was so quiet.

“ And… Here I thought Library is a lively place. Is there a comment everybody?” Baekhyun broke the silence. The others were blankly staring into spaces.

“Not in my place’s. They say that they hate library scent. It linger around them and it is suffocating them. That is what the ministers say.” Kyungsoo commented as he touched the carving wood on the wall. A soft thud played on the background.

Suddenly as they lost with their little world, they didn’t realised that somebody was there with them. Eyeing them up and down, scrutinizing every movement in the dim of light. The hooded person was skulking in the dark, successfully blend in as they are dark as well.

“ What do you think you scoundrels are doing in my cave!?” The hooded person came out from his hiding point, in between the narrow path to the shelves,containing dark magic books. The voice was showing off dominance as it resides in the library.

Kai was arching his eyebrow while other, seeming to step back. Baekhyun was not a least intimidated but he knew very well when he needs to back off. He looked at Kai and gestured at him to retreat however Kai was giving that hooded person a glare that worth a hell times.

Kai shrugged his shoulders as he moved towards the figure. His friends refrained themselves from breathing when everything went into motion. “ Scoundrels? Might as well you, demon, start calling our regal names right now…” His words worth a venom. He tried to subside the anger but yet it shown every well. He was tensed up.

“ Why would I do that? This is not your home,go back scums!” The hooded person tried to sound creepy and scary. Yes it did sounds like that. But because Kai loose a screw in the head, it hard to throw reasons at him.Baekhyun was screaming how Kai was bloody stupid while Kyungsoo chanting a winner chant to Kai and he ends up having a telepathic nagging from Lay.

“ Someday it will. This is our territory once a upon a time..”  Kai hissed. That hooded person didn’t get the message or maybe too brave to notice as it strutted down, nearing Kai.

As it nearing, Kai gasped. Luhan was the first one who noticed. “ What ?” He asked at Kai who was jaw dropping.

“ Woman.” Kai said.

Hearing that, came another gasp.

Kai came closer to her and bravely enough put off the hood from covering her face. The woman stilled. Tense. But relent to it. Kai touched her face,feeling the softness and enticing tingling. “ It has been a long time since I could see you again. Jihyun.” Kai sighed.

That woman had a long black hair, that even night couldn’t compete with. With big eyes that showed dominance, pointed nose and red blood coloured lips. As Kai stopped feeling up her face, she turned her head away and returned back to where she supposed to be. She didn’t gave up any emotion. Cold like an eyes as she stared everyone down.

“ Jihyun.. Why?” Baekhyun asked, he tried to hide his whimpering. He was in the verge of tearing up.There was so much of emotion. Jihyun.. She is here. He thought.

“ Why?” Jihyun asked with menacing tone. She flipped her black shouldered hair swiftly. Her lips turned into thin line. Like she couldn’t believe that was the question. She backed away into the dark until robe figure disappear and appearing at the aisle. She was blocking the only door to escapement.

“ You were supposed to be with us. You are our caretaker.” Baekhyun mustered his voice to be firm but sounded broken now. He gritted his teeth as he looked at Jihyun, who glared back. “You promised.” Baekhyun stopped.

Kai was very quiet. He just stared blankly at Jihyun like nothing. Jihyun turned to look at him. Searching for the hate and pity maybe. But there was nothing that gave Kai away.

Betray. Anger. Sympathy.

Kai had lost all of that in the moment. The only thing was confusion. Jihyun chuckled as she took a note on that.

“ You are becoming like him.. Starting to. This is what I am afraid of, my prince,Kai..” Jihyun shook her head and narrowed her eyes slightly.

“ Maybe it is for the better of us.” Kai replied, it was sort of winds. His sentence.

“ Maybe..” Jihyuns sighed.

“ Are you the one in charge for the library today? Because you are too old to become a student.” Kai moved away from the table and went off to his friends.

“ Straightforward as ever, my prince.” Jihyun chuckled again. It was so soft and light hearted. Baekyun stopped his sobbing as he heard that again. That soft voice.

They were inseparable from Jihyun in the old time. Jihyun was their caretaker. The funny, the soft spoken and light hearted. It was her. Baekhyun always loved her just like how a son loves his mother. Jihyun replaced his mother in his heart.The mother that he didn’t know that well as he only five years old when everything just… vanished. Just like Kai’s mother.

“ You didn’t answer my question.” Kai commanded firmly. Even though he faced his friends, he was looking at Jihyun with his peripheral vision.

“ No.. Nor I am the one who is in charge neither the student. I am waiting for someone.” Jihyun took the chair from its table and sat with graceful attempt.

“ Ah.. Might I ask the name of this person you are waiting for?” Kai attempt the same when he sat on the chair as he waved his hand to drop some magic. One of the book in a shelf in front of him flew into the air and placed on the table. He skimmed the pages as his lips quirked.

“ I don’t think it is necessary,my prince.” Jihyun broke the stare as she realised that Kai was playing games with her. Kai never changed. She thought in her mind.

“Oh is It because.. I know this person. You become a fallen because of him.” It was originally a question but Kai made it look alike a statement.

Silent.

Jihyun sighed again and looked at the shelves that harbouring all this books. Ancient magic, philosophy, politics, guardian,demon and etc. But the only way that she didn’t dare to look was Kai. Kai may look at the opposite way but she knew very well, that was wrong.

 Kai knew from the start that she was in love with someone when they came… Kai.. She was afraid of him now whereas she shouldn’t. She was the one who raised him up to become a king. Why would she feel this horror feeling that eaten her way up? No, no.. This thing must be stop. While Baekhyun, she realised how much he grown up. He wasn’t innocent anymore and by the time, he needs to accept the truth that she isn’t the mother the he was looking for. She would never get the title.She thought again. Exhausted with everything.

“ Zelmon.. They are really wayward creatures. Always wanting to ruin everything. Such a scumbag.” As Kai said that, Jihyun with her flash speed appeared in front of him and slapped him hard on the cheek. His friends gasped and glared at her as they moved in between them.

“ What do you think you are doing, Jihyun?” Baekhyun hissed through his breath. His lightsaber came out and pointed at Jihyun who was looking at her hand,the hand that slapped Kai. She looked at it with regret but quickly shoved it away and glared at Baekhyun.

“ Nobody spat ruthless words at my lord.” She said with angry tone.

Baekhyun hid his terror very well when he heard that as he pointed the lightsaber again. Now directly on the face. Jihyun took the action really well as she backed away. She eyed Baekyun and Kai one more time before she disappeared with a wisp of smoke and alluring perfume behind.

“ Kai, your lips are bleeding.” Luhan gave his handkerchief to Kai who was putting his hand on the lips. A light suddenly came out from his hand before it disappeared into the cuts. He took the handkerchief and wiped the blood away.

“ Who does she think she is to slap you that hard!? “ Kyungsoo was really mad about it as he helped Kai to stand. “If I knew she would slap you, I will intervened.”

“ She is your caretaker,huh?” Lay with his posture showed off I-am-a-boss,his eyes gleaming in the dark with curiosity. He was not cruel to ask but curiosity hit him best and Kai knew he didn’t mean it bad.

“ Yes, but please put it in the past tense.” Kai thanked Luhan for the handkerchief and promised him that he will wash it.

“ Ah.. That Jihyun.. Isn’t she the concubine for..”

“ Please don’t speak of his name. I hate that king.” Kai gave his commanding tone. He put away the book with his magic and went off with Baekhyun leaving the other behind in the library.