Chapter 24

The Life of an Average Girl (for now)

"Books, pen... where is my cell phone?" 
rummaging through her desk, she finally found it and flipped it openo/;/;o

New Message

Did you forget that tonight is the dinner with your father's colleagues?
If you did, clear your schedule from 8 tonight.
Tonight is very important for our family, we will meet you there and do not show up late.

~ Love, Mom

Probably another colleagues' son that they wanted to introduce to her. She always went to these kind of meetings that her parents set up for her alone but this time it's in front of her parents and his. 

Looking up to the clock, she better get going..

Arriving at her new school was not very new to her. Every other year, she would transfer out and in from country to country. The airport is like her second home but Korea is going to be home for the time being.

She only been to one class in this university so far, today will be the official start of her college life.

"TIFFANY-SSHI!" screamed someone

Turning around, she spotted a group of girls by the entrance.

vaguely remembering their names, she just waved and smiled as she walked closer to them.

Just then, five girls walked by ..

Tiffany saw the admiration in the eyes of the group of girls next to her.

"Look, even in the pouring rain, their hair still look nice"  Tiffany said

Her "friends" rolled their eyes and smirked.

"They went to the hair salon to get that look. Don't be fooled."

"I heard that they went under the knife to get those looks"

"Since their filthy rich, they wouldn't understand the pressure that we have to deal with."

"But, they do work.... and where did you hear that they got plastic surgery, especially Botox?" she said

Tiffany didn't know what got in to her, why am I getting so worked up about this? I barely know these girls...

"I'm sorry, who side are you on?" the girl beside her said sending daggers to Tiffany

"No one, It's just that when you guys talk trash about someone else just because their better or because you couldn't be friends with them doesn't mean you can make yourself look so pitiful." Tiffany said seriously and walked away.

She could hear them calling out for her name but not once would she look back knowing that she just made herself enemies in one day.

Stomping away without paying attention really got her lost in the school. 

Let's take a left ... no right... no.. Lef-

"It hurts..." Tiffany said 

"Sorry, here let me help you up" 

Opening her eyes, a hand was reached out to her. 

"Thank you, and it was my fault too. Sorry." Tiffany said without looking up due to her flushed face..

"Umm, I'm in a rush so see you around!" and with that said the msytery person disappeared 

She was about to leave but spotted a book on the floor, looking inside was nothing but a charm.

"It could be that mystery person... "

Thinking over, she decided that the possibility of ever seeing him was close to never since the univeristy has over 30,000 students. She has a few minutes to spare before class and was lucky enough to find the Lost & Founds with a badly drawn map by a teacher. It was just down the hall when she saw that there was someone standing over there already. Tiffany walked closer when she pass by a person hiding with a video camera..

Tiffany was about to call out to the person when she heard her so call friends' voices down the hall and before she could compute, she hid behind the vending machine across from the guy. The voices slowly faded away and she was about to come out when she heard another voice. Wasn't sure who it was but the person he was talking to, was reconizgeable. It was Sohee-sshi.

Turning around, she spotted a guy with Sohee-sshi. They stood up and walked seperated ways. The guy walked  towards her and she quickly went behind the vending machine again. 

Looking at the person across from her, to her amazement, he disappeared. "Why was he recording Sohee-sshi and that guy? A fan?.." thought Tiffany

Tracing her steps back took her longer than she expected and walking to her class took even longer. When she finally arrived, she spotted the guy that was with Sohee-sshi before.

Sitting in the back, where barely no one was at, Tiffany was surprised that the professor didn't even come in yet. Comes in a girl that looked at Tiffany

 "Can sit next to you?" she asked.

She looked rather young to be in college. Innocent and pure but there something about that makes her seem more mature and understanding. 

Tiffany moved over and the two hitted it off together. Her name was Seohyun and she was two years younger than her.  She plays the piano and they have to same music class together and lunch. 

The professor came in with another student besides him. The girls sequeled and it wasn't because of the student trailing behind the professor but the teacher himself. Tiffany could admit, the guy was decent looking and quiet.. familar.

"Hello class, this is the next assignment that is due next week, please hand them out." he said to the students

The guy gave them out and almost every girl the class either shy away, gave him notes or try to touch his hand as he puts the paper on their desk. When he finally came up to us, Seohyun called him "Jiyong oppa."

"You know each other?" She asked them both 

"Her/my Brother" they both said simply at the same time

He finally left and the girls in the class, excluding Seohyun and Tiffany, whined 

"Do you two have something..." Tiffany asked suspisciously

Seohyun looked like she was poisoned "Other than most girls in this class and outside, they think he is one big package of a perfect boyfriend but I have seen the worst out of him. I swear, that even though he could be a nice guy, I won't date until I have my career and life goal accomplished."

Tiffany was astond.. no wonder she got into college earlier than most kids her age... determination.

"Ok, class I know I was late, so let's not waste any more time here." said the teacher.

The class went in a flash. Seohyun had to go first and left Tiffany being the last one in the class.

She was about to depart when the teacher called her back in.

"Yes, Professor?" asked Tiffany

"I saw that you kind of struggled with today's lesson.. why was that?" 

Because you look like the guy I saw spying on Sohee-sshi and Jiyong-sshi

"Nothing, it was just my lack of sleep. " she answered

"Really? If you need any help, I offer tutoring for my students during my lunch hour. " he said 

"Oh, I'll think about it." Tiffany said before excusing herself. 

Walking out of class, she waltz right into a girl that was trying to get into class. 

"Sorry!" they both cried.

"It was my fault, i wasn't looking" the girl said 

"No, it was mine." Tiffany responded.

They smiled to each other and gave out a small laugh.

"Jessica."

"Tiffany."

"What happened here?" the professor came out with a worried face.

"Jessica Jung, what on earth happened?"

"Sorry oppa.." Jessica said ..

"Oppa?" Tiffany exclaimed

"Shoot." the professor and Jessica said in unison.

They sat in the class and explained it to Tiffany before she gets the wrong idea.

"So, you two are siblings. . . . .  But no one in the school knows besides me and the guy who came in today."

"Jiyong. By the way,  I'm not the pernament teacher. I'm a student." the professor said.

 

"Professor, If you don't mind me asking, how old are you? because so far, you are the youngest professor I have ever had."

"26 this year and Jessica is turning 23. " the Professor said

Oh. Same as me!... why am I getting so excited ? Tiffany thought. 

"I guess things has been settled, I'll see you tomorrow in class."

Looking at her cell phone, she has 2 hours before tonights dinner. 

Walking into her house, as expected it was empty but a note saying that her parents are at the resturant already. Choosing the right dress practically took the 2 hour she had and she got a call from her mother telling her what she already knows. She quickly stuffed items in her bag and put on the last touch of her makeup. Having the last check in the mirror and she was off to the resturant with her bag. Entering the resturant gave her some pressure, people looking at her was something that she was quiet use to due to her frequently transfering but this was different.

"Oh, here she comes" her dad said.

"Hello, I'm Tiffany Hwang. It's nice to meet you." she said as she bowed.

"It's nice to meet you too, this is my son." introducing her son.

Tiffany looked up and was shocked to see her professor there.

"Hello, I'm Yunho Jung. It's a ple-" Yunho stumbed on his words earning a nudge from his mother.

"It's a pleasure." he said quickly

"same..." Tiffany said quietly.

They ate dinner quietly when their parents suddenly had to go somewhere, indicating that the two will be alone for the rest of the evening.

"Professor... "

"Yeah, I didn't know my parents were setting me up until two hours ago. So, do please forgive me." he said

"Do I call you Professor or Yunho-sshi or something?" she said with a smile as an effort to ease the tension between them.

"I guess Yunho-sshi right now but  at school, since the first few days are just hell, you could call me Professor or else you'll be questioned about your relationship about me with the other students."

"Right. . . "

"So, do you want dessert?"

"No, its okay. I better get home and start on my assignment." She said as she grabbed her bag but being a bit of a clutz, her bag fell along with the contents.

"Here let me help you." he said.

"Thanks, I've been crashing and falling the whole day."

"Same here." Yunho chuckled

"Why is this doing here..." Tiffany said as she picked up the book.

Yunho looked up and saw the book and looked at it puzzling

"I have the same exact copy..but I lost it today though when I fell in the hallways .."

"Wait, you fell in the hallways and you have the same exact copy? Did you perhaps helped a girl up but she wouldn't look at you?"

"Yeah... wait, was that you?!?"

"I think so, here check if its yours." handing him the book.

"It's mine alright, it even got my name highlighted in the back." showing her

"So, I did the right thing to not bring it to the Lost & Founds?"

"Glad you didn't..." 

"  I didn't see you but a mysterious guy with a camera though..." Tiffany as she looked at his grip on the book tighten.

"Yeah umm, ready to go home? It's getting pretty late." said Yunho as he took a step towards the door.

"Yeah..." she said quietly as she smiled at him.

"What are you hiding Yunho-sshi" Tiffany thought to herself.

He arrived at Tiffany's house and bid his goodbyes. Driving to his next destination, he recieved a message to headquarters.

No one is working at this time besides the CEO, after scanning in with his ID, Yunho faced his boss.

"How are they?" the CEO asked

"Well." he simply answered

"I assume, you wonder why I am doing this when I could just ask him myself."

"It was a thought, but I wasn't too concern about it. "

"I'll tell you anyway just in case he found out." the ceo said as he sat down in his chair.

Taking a deep breath,"He is my only granchild, I don't want him to be hurt. "
 

He arrived home late, as usual and found his parents waiting for him in his apartment. 
"If, you're going to ask me about Mr.Hwang's daughter, you could have asked me in the mourning." he said as he hung up his coat.

"Since, you know our intentions, then would you answer the question?" said his mother.
"She's nice. Now, please go to bed. You need your sleep !" 
"Did you know, she goes to the same university as Jessica and you?" Asked his father
"Yeah.."
"Get, close to her and make this relationship work!  There is an event coming and it's a good chance to ask her out!" 
"I .... want this relationship, to start well and end well. "