Chapter 23

The Life of an Average Girl (for now)

Sohee's mother thought out the floor plan that night. Thinking, who should she pair up? 

On the table were descriptions of the boys from her little spy. 

"Honey, what are you doing?"

"Oh, just the floor plan. You think the girls can handle doing it themselves?"

"I trust them and all but they are in college and single... with no adult supervision, I think we should play it safe. I mean, we barely know these boys." 

"Well, i just got  to know them a bit better.." Holding up the files

Sohee's father inspected the papers with a great deal of seriousness. 

"I recognized this format.. is this who i think it is?"

Sohee's mother gave a nod of confirmation.

"They hold no record behind the bars... but they were players!" pointing at the tiny font.

"What? Let me see that..:" Grabbing the files

Sohee's mother leaned over the counter, "Yeobo. . . your saying that since these boys dated at least once, they are players... "

Sohee's father was nodding his head in agreement.

"So, by all means .. You are a player. " and flicked his forehead, hard.

"How?!?"

"Let me list all the ladies you've dated during your primes, Amy. Haeri. Hana. Joesk. Connie...etc"

"Fine. So what?"

Sohee's father covered his mouth at once. 

"so what? ..... "

Sohee's mother slammed the files and on her way to the bedroom, she stomped on her husband's foot.

"Honey!" 

Sohee's mother made a quick turn to the right in the hallways and bumped into a person.... 

"Wah!" said Sunmi

"Shouldn't you be in bed?" as Sohee's mother got up.

"glass of water."

"Uh-huh. Tell me you weren't trying to look at the floor plan?"

"And if i was?"

"You can sleep alone in the attic"

" :P can't hurt to try right?"

"Bed."

Sunmi turned to her bedroom and closed her door behind her. A sinister smile spread across her face and she head for her desk. 
"Time to make some magic."

As morning came, Sohee's father was found flipping pancakes.

"Dad?" said Sohee

Her father turned around and saw Sohee standing there like a lost child. 

"Hey, here. Eat this and I'll be going." Giving her a plate of flapjacks

"Weren't you suppose to leave with mom?"

"Well, we got into an icky situation, but I plan to make it up to her once we go on our anniversary. "

"whose ay fault his time?"

"It .Just .Slipped !" her father said as he picked up his suitcase

"Better make it up to her fast because I don't think that you would like having to spend your vacation alone in a couple suite"

"Thanks for the advice and good luck with your new household members "

"Have a good trip." said Sohee as her dad left the house with a click of the door.

An hour later, the other girls got up and every single one of them anticipated their new room mates

Yoobin came through the kitchen doors and took a seat next to Yeeun at the table. 

As she play with her cereal, Yoobin broke the silence of a drowsy morning." So, where is this amazing floor plan everyone is freaking about?"

Sunye, who drifted off to cloud nine replied. "It'll be on the dashboard when we come back."

Suddenly a loud bang was heard above them. The girls rushed to see what was going on and only to find Sunmi's smiling face underneath a pile of trash. 

Yeeun came to the bedroom first and shook her head. As they get Sunmi out of the now trashed room, Sohee examined the room in disbelief. How could a girl that complains to pick up a textbook be able to trash a whole bedroom in seconds. 

"What happened?" asked Yoobin

"More like how did it happened." said Sohee

"I just.. fell. " said Sunmi 

"yeah, you fell like the Hulk was in this room. " said Yeeun

"You are truly the alien in our group." said Sohee

"What are going to do now that we have one less room?" said Sunye

"The couch could transform into a bed." said Yoobin

"We still have the attic.." said Sunmi

"But isn't Sohee using that room for something?" asked Yeeun

They all look at Sohee, who has escaped to her bedroom to change. 

Sohee fumbled with her stuff, where could it be?

Looking at her draws to the closet to the bottom of the bed.  Its not there.

The girls were not in a good mood, but that wouldn't change the way they present themselves to the public eyes. Most of them wore colors that suit the weather but Sunmi being Sunmi, wore the brightest colors and stood out like a sore thumb, but a very fashionable one. 

The drive to the university was a bit of a mess. First Sunye had to call mom due to the one lost bedroom and their dealing with how to get it fixed and when. Yoobin and Yeeun argue with the whole "I'm-a-better-driver." Sunmi, who was abnormally quiet , just sat there looking out the window. Then  there is Sohee, who sat in the middle of all this, worrying about her own problems. As Yeeun pull the car into a parking space, everyone was ready to jump out and run to do their own errands. 

"We could have gotten here 15 minutes earlier to get something to eat" Yoobin said pointing at her wrist watch

"Yeah, if you drove like a speed demon." said Yeeun. 

They all chatter away without noticing the constant stares from the other students. 

student A - "Look, even in the pouring rain, their hair still look nice."

student B - "They went to the hair salon to get that look. Don't look at them like their stars."

student C - "I heard that they went under the knife to get those looks"

student B - "Since their filthy rich, they wouldn't understand the pressure that we have to deal with."

student A - "But, they do work. . . and where did you hear that they got plastic surgery, especially Botox.  "

student C - "I'm sorry, who side are you on?"

student A - "No one, its just that when you guys talk trash about someone else just because their better or because you couldn't be friends with them doesn't mean you can make yourself look so pitiful." and walked away

student B  - "YAH!! "

student C - "never mind that girl, she think she's all that because she came from the states."

Sunye who witness all this, sighed.

As the girls were about to depart, they notice Sohee was no longer with them. Where did she go? 

Sohee was at the lost & found, located at the very end of the hallways. 

"Its not there?" said Sohee

the teacher shook her head. 

Disappointed but there's nothing Sohee or this woman can do to help her find it. 

Thanking the kind woman, Sohee was going to turn to the left when she came crashing to a person. 

"oww, watch i-" 

Sohee stared into these beautiful brown hazel eyes, but soon snapped back to reality and when her eyes spotted a certain smirk. 

Kwon.Ji.Yong.

Standing up tall and held her head high, "what are you doing here?"

Jiyong looked around him and saw where the stack of papers he was suppose to deliver, all over the floor.

"As you can see, i was running an errand. If you don't mind, may you please get off the papers?" he said grumpily

"What is his problem? despicable men." Sohee thought to herself.

She started walking away with a huff.

Sohee's POV

You think your so great? Well, your not and ...and...

-end-

Sohee remembered what happened yesterday and face palmed herself. 

Turning back, she kneed down and picked up the papers quietly.

Jiyong realized that she came back and chuckled. Despicable girl.

For the first time in some time, it was quiet but the same complicated feelings separated  the two students.

little did they know the spy was around the corner recording the moment.