The Truth

The Seven Lively Sins(?)
Please log in to read the full chapter

She had changed in the bathroom back to her black dress and heels. Jaebum didn’t want her to take the train or walk home alone so he decided to walk her home.

“No.”

“I’m walking you home.”

“No.”

“If you take me the wrong direction that’s on you.” Soori sighed giving up, especially when Jaebum took hold of her hand and laced her fingers with his. They walked out of the school building, JB being pretty hyper about being able to hold her hand and walk her home. He felt like he was one step closer to her being his girlfriend and one step closer to finding out her story.

“You probably want to know who the guy was…”

“I don’t want to push you. As curious as I am, I don’t want you to open up by force…” Soori listened to him carefully and nodded looking down.

The walked in silence, hand in hand. Jaebum noticed a little café shop open and tugged on her hand lightly, she looked over.

“Let’s go have some hot chocolate, you must be cold.”

“Ani, Im fine.” But she was tugged inside the shop anyway. “Two hot chocolates.” He ordered, the elderly woman gasped looking at the two together and nearly swooned in happiness.

“Young love is the best kind of love, I wish the both of you happiness.” Soori tried to let go his hand but he held on tighter.

“Thank you… I plan to marry this girl one day.” Soori thought he was taking the joke too far for the elderly woman, but she was actually quite happy about the situation.

“Oh you two will live long and prosper, be careful though, perfect couples come with non-perfect problems.” She stated wisely, it made Soori’s skin crawl with goose bumps because it reminded her of what Thunder said earlier.

"He was released from jail... He's been out for a month now..."

Soori’s mood slowly changed as she looked down and pondered if it was okay to even be around JB, would he find JB and kill him? Create something like an accident like 2 years ago? JB sensed her mood change and it was like he read her mind. He lifted her hand and kissed the back of it lightly then kissed her cheek.

“Something bad must’ve happened when I left you on that roof… I’m sorry.” Soori blushed furiously and shook her head quickly.

“Nothing happened, it was a hi and bye situation.”

“You were crying when you came back, Soori. I’m not that stupid.” He played with her fingers as he waited for the chocolate they ordered. She sighed softly in thought and looked up at him before looking at the desk not wanting to meet his eyes.

“He came to tell me bad news… his sister helped with an issue two years ago and it turns out that issue might resurface again.” She explained sadly, he the back of her hand with his thumb lightly for comfort and support.

“Might?”

“Yeah.” She nodded and looked over to see the elderly lady come back with two mugs of hot chocolate, they each took their own mug and walked outside. He pulled her over to the swinging chair normally used for porches but it was behind the store with tables and chairs. They swung lightly and drank in peace. She stared up at the sky and sighed softly.

“Two years ago… my boyfriend was murdered by his best friend…” Jaebum froze and looked over at her shocked that she suddenly brought this on.

“It was a group of guys just like you and the other 6... But this group consisted of only five boys… Seungho, Byunghee he went by G.O…” She paused speaking of G.O it was clear she favored him the most.

“Then Chansung he also went by a different name, Joon. Then there was the guy you saw, Cheondung which his nickname was Thunder. Lastly was my boyfriend… Cheolyong or as we all called him… Mir.” Jaebum let every word and name sink in.

“Mir one day just told me to meet him on the roof top of our old school… I went and he was with the other four. He got down on one knee and held out a candy ring.” She smiled remembering how fond of a memory that was.

“It was so silly and his brothers laughed along with me, but he was serious. He was the very first guy that I ever truly liked and felt a sense that I could possibly not worry about my future when I was with him.” The smile turned into a sad one as she turned her head up and stared at the moon as she told her story.

“A year and five months go by and we are celebrating our anniversary…”

+++

“Hello my sweet little honey~”

“Look what you did! I was only gone for 5 minutes!”

“And it was the worst 5 minutes of my life! How could you leave me!?” Mir pouted and looked at her making her giggle at his silliness.

“You wanted ice cream so I came and got some.” Mir let her go and jogged over to pick up the hat but a little girl had got to it first.

“Annyeong~ Can I have the hat back please?” She stood and stared at Mir like he was an alien but then blushed and held it up to him. He took it gently and patted her lightly on the head.

“Thank you.” He walked over to his adoring girlfriend and placed the hat back on her head.

“You were always good with kids.” Soori smiled and wrapped her arm with his and walked around the park with him, he took his ice cream and ate as they walked and smiled in thought.

+++

“He wanted a house, four kids… three little boys and 1 little girl… “

+++

“Yes, that’s why for us, I’m going to work hard so we can get a big house and have lots of kids.”

Please log in to read the full chapter