The Dream

The Wolf

Eric’s POV

I was running through the dark forest, stomping on the roots and being cut by sharp branches. My left arm was bleeding and my legs were slowly giving in. But I couldn’t stop. I had to keep going on, for something evil was chasing me.I tripped and fell on my hurt arm.

Damn, that hurt, I think I broke it.

With all the little strength that I had left I picked myself up and continued with my blind searching for escape.

Where was I anyway?

All around me there were only trees and bushes.

Suddenly I felt that I am no longer alone.

But it wasn’t that that ‘thing’ which was chasing me caught up with me. No, this time it was a totally different feeling. My heartbeat increased even more, if that was even possible and my ears caught a slightest noise in the dark bushes.

I turned around and saw the most beautiful eyes I have ever seen. They were light green with the darkest pupils, and were piercing through my very soul. I should have gotten scared but I didn’t. I just stood there amazed, petrified.

The longer the staring continued more strange my body was becoming, until I finally fell on my knees.

I realized that it was too dark to actually see the owner of those eyes, so I had no clue, what was I against.

But then suddenly the clouds hiding the moon dispersed a little and I was finally able to see whom those eyes belonged to. In front of me stood a beautiful wolf with shining snow-white fur which turned black on his paws, ears and point of the tail. It stood tall and proud, giving a feeling of being undefeatable. I felt like an invisible strength was drawing me to it, not really sure why.

But I couldn’t move even for an inch, so I just stared at its eyes with the strongest yearning I ever felt in my life. Time has passed and none of us did anything.

But after some more time the wolf started slowly turning around in order to leave. In an instant I felt emptiness to start coming to me and so I broke the silence with a silent: “Don’t go.”

When did I start crying? My cheeks were wet with tears.

The wolf looked at me with an indescribable look in his eyes and that somehow calmed me.

“Who are you?” I heard myself ask and didn’t really expect any answer, but the wolf lightly titled it’s head on a side and in my mind I heard a single word: “Minwoo.”

Then it all went black.