001

Dream's a Reality

Why did i wrote this.

I'm not even good in writing.

Enjoy! (well as if you will)

 


 

       Luhan entered his apartment, releasing a tired sigh as he closed the door and lay down on the couch. Tossing his bag aside, he reached out for the television remote control and press the button ‘on’. He lived alone since his parents lived in China, besides he followed his uncle to Korea but since now, his uncle has some business to do in California, he’s alone. He was about to shut the TV off but something attracted his ears.

 

“5 victims were admitted to the Seoul Hospital for further treatment of the unknown illness they face. The victims are said to act like a person who’s not stepping on the ground of reality. They keep on laughing, talking, playing and do other things alone. They also keep mumbling names and cry. The cause of this weird illness is still in investigation. No confirmation is out yet since this type of case is such a sudden and new to the doctors. Any ways to avoid this illness will be told to the public.”

 

      At  the screen , he saw the victims looked completely fine. There’s nothing wrong with them. He squinted his eyes and that’s when he saw the victims looked lifeless. They’re staring at nowhere. Pale faces and eyes looking empty.

 

He shivered.

 

That was terrifying.

 

“It’s happening.”

 

 


 

 

 

     The school bell rang, indicating the start of the school and students rushed around to their classes. Luhan,being the good student he was , already seated in his place and studying for the first lesson, Math. Suddenly, a group a girl , the girls in his class entered the class room as they talked seriously with one of them comforting a crying girl whose named was Sora.

 

“Jooyeon .. she is one of the victims!” Sora sobbed when she told her classmates about her bestfriend.

 

“She did acted weirdly but I thought it’s nothing.. I didn’t know this will happen..”

 

“How did she acted?” Minah asked.

 

“She’s a cheerful person but one day , when I meet her, she looked lifeless. She didn’t smile. Sometimes, she cried. Sometimes, she laughed and talked to herself.”

 

“Hey.. Sora.. don’t cry.” Seulgi comforted her.

 

“A really weird case right?” suddenly, Krystal, the girl who’s sitting in front of him , turned back and looked at him.

 

“Yes.”

 

“What? Just a ‘yes’ ?  Come on, talk some more.” Krystal sighed. She’s the class president and seeing one of her classmate being a loner with only 2 friends really made her frustrated.

 

“Krystal , he’ll open up to people when he wants it. Don’t force him.” Sulli told the girl as he smiled at Luhan. Luhan smiled back at the girl and said,

 

“Maybe I will someday.”  hearing  that, Krystal and Sulli nodded and left Luhan, walking to Sora and tried to comfort her since her cried got worse.

 

“Luhan what do you think about this? This strange case.” Baekhyun, who just arrived asked him.

 

“I don’t know Baek.” Luhan replied as he watched his only 2 friends sat at their own sit which were behind him.

 

“So my father is one of the doctors assigned to handle this case. He told me that this illness has been starting since 3 months ago but only had been revealed to the public yesterday. They did their work , investigate and all but unfortunately, they found nothing. But from their observation, the victims were said to be lifeless, laughing, talking and walking alone. Mumbling names of the person they have never met. They don’t even recognize their own family anymore and..”

 

“And?”

 

“And the families said they have been trapping themselves in room and sleep.  Heck, they even take the sleeping pills just to go to sleep. The doctors are thinking maybe this have something to do with their mind. Okay, I don’t know really actually. But still, this is totally weird.”

 

“That scared the out of me.” Chanyeol said.

 

“These victims never knew each other but yet they face the same thing. It can’t be the genetic cause because these victims, like I said, never know each other and never related in each other’s family trees.”

 

“Interesting..” said Luhan.

 

“Which part of this seriously weird and terrifying illness you found interesting?” Baekhyun deadpanned.

 

“Everything. Right after you explained all these things. I don’t know. It sorta attracted my attention.” Luhan explained.

 

“One of a kind eh Luhan.” Chanyeol snorted.

 

“Great. My father is involved with this weird case thing and my friend is a psycho. Great. Life’s great.” Baekhyun muttered.

 

 


 

 

If there was one thing that only Luhan, his parents and his only uncle knew.

 

It was the only thing his bestfriends, Chanyeol and Baekhyun didn’t .

 

Luhan.. well he’s a prodigy.

 

     He’s a prodigy but he had never told anyone about it. He acted like any normal students in his schhol, hated studying but deep inside he loved it. His family never boasted about Luhan being a prodigy neither did Luhan. He always kept his grade on the line. Not too high, not too low. His rank, never the highest,  never the lowest. His life,  not  too rich, not too poor. His friends, well only 2 wanted to become his friends. He wanted the friends that wanted to befriend him because of what he was minus the prodigy. That’s why the secret of him being a prodigy only stayed in China.

 

    The other students, they envied him. The girls envied him for his look and the boys evnvied him for the amount of girls’ attention he had. Oft can be heard, the insults and mocks everyday filling the holes in his life.

 

Despite being a prodigy and all, Luhan was actually a very insecure person.

 

    All the hates, mocks and insults made his insecurity level higher and higher day by day. He could do nothing with his insecurities problem. Even when he’s  still living in China, he’s already an insecure person.

 

‘What a loser.’ he thought about himself.

 

   Enough thinking about his life, he grabbed his teal hoodie and left the apartment and went to the nearest convenient store to buy some snacks and food . After that, he walked back to the apartment and entered it. He opened his laptop, put on his spectacles and placed the snacks beside him because he was sure the thing he was about to search would take a lot of time.

 

    He typed lots of keywords and words in order to search for the things he wanted. After about 4 hours of spending time in front the laptop, he smiled when he had finally found the thing he’s been searching for. Chewing the snack he bought , he read the information he got.

 

 

An incubus is a demon in male form who, according to mythological and legendary traditions, lies upon sleepers, especially women, in order to engage in ual activity with them. Its female counterpart is the succubus. An incubus may pursue ual relations with a woman in order to father a child, as in the legend of Merlin.  Religious tradition holds that repeated ual activity with an incubus or succubus may result in the deterioration of health, or even death.

[ source :http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Incubus ]

The victim will slowly becomes attaches to the incubus, craving for their touch and lust. They will lost their sense in differentiating between reality and dream. They will call for the incubus even when they’re not in their sleeping state. Some even take sleeping pills just to meet their incubus. This problem as the elders said is truly destroying the victim’s mind. They will slowly look lifeless and lost their mind in the end, or worse – death. Experts told that this incidents has been long forgotten by people as the modern world invented. However, rumors told that maybe someday this will happen again.

 

The ways to prevent or cure this problem hasn’t been found yet since most of the victims ended up dead. Not lots of people are aware of how dangerous this is. However, there’re still some people who took interest in reading this, investigating and exploring. We can’t assure you that this is true but it’s you who’s gonna decide.

 

Do you believe it or not?

 

 

“Yes. I believe in it.” Luhan said firmly when he’d finished reading.

 

        It’s no doubt that the cause of this weird illness was coming from the incubus. People may call him stupid for believing in this thing but he have his own experience. His cousin once faced the same thing. The only reason he was searching for this was too reassured himself that the cause was the incubus. He couldn’t ask for the said cousin’s help since well, he’s already dead in a car crash. But before he died, Luhan  received a short message from him since Luhan was the closest person to him after all.

 

It’s the incubus.’ said the message.

 

     Ever since that day, Luhan has been making research about incubus that finally, leading him to know the victims just by a look. He has never told anyone about his knowledge about the incubus because no one will believe him anyway so why bother? The doctors will never accept his explanation since they have never believe in this thing.

 

    Closing his laptop, he threw away all the rubbish and locked all the doors and windows before going to sleep.

 

“There’s no cure to this.” mumbled him.

 

 


 

 

     Entering his class, Luhan saw a bunch of his classmates, boys and girls, sitting in a group. He furrowed his eyebrows when he heard the topic of their conversation.

 

“That Do Kyungsoo guy will be one of the victims.” one of the boys whispered.

 

“Yea I know right.”

 

“I don’t want to sit beside him anymore!”

 

“Why did he even came to school?”

 

Luhan sighed when he saw Do Kyungsoo looked pale but not lifeless. He’s not stupid like anyone else. He was still capable of differentiating between pale and lifeless.

 

He’s not that stupid.

 

    He walked to Kyungsoo and sat beside him earning a few gasps from his classmate.

 

“Hey.. are you okay?” he asked.

 

“Yes.. I am completely fine. I just miss someone.” Kyungsoo faked a smile.

 

I just miss someone

 

‘The incubus.’ Luhan thought.

 

“I hope you will meet him soon.” Luhan smiled.

 

“How do you know it’s a him?” Kyungsoo asked, widening his eyes.

 

“I just feel like it’s a him.” Luhan shrugged.

 

“Oh.”

 

“You’ll be fine right. Just ignore these people okay.” Luhan patted Kyungsoo’s shoulder before walking to his own place.

 

“Who’s he to order people to ignore us?!”

 

“He’s a ing loser..”

 

“I hate him.”

 

Luhan closed his eyes and sighed before muttering,

 

“Stupid people nowadays.”

 

 

 

♦♦♦

 

 

 

It was about 25 minutes before the school ended when the students were ordered to gather at the school hall. Some of the teachers were crying making the students looked at them in confusion. The principal took the mic and sighed before revealing the real reason he ordered all the students to gather there.

 

“I think, as you all knew, Kim Jooyeon was admitted to the hospital 14 days ago.”

 

“Yes.” answered the students.

 

“I .. with sorrow will be saying that she has passed away  an hour ago due to the mysterious illness. All the victims were actually have passed away except for one, Jung  Taekwoon  , who was admitted to the hospital this morning.”

 

“No .. it can’t be..” the students looked at each other before hugging their friends and cried.

 

“Kim Jooyeon, the cheerful girl will always live with us by her memories.” the principal shed some tears as she watched her students.

 

     Luhan just watched his schoolmates cried because he already knew, sooner or later, the victims will die from 3 to 4 months. He saw Baekhyun and Chanyeol looking no near to sad at all, as if they were expecting it to be happened.

 

“My father told me that they’re dying.” he heard Baekhyun told Chanyeol.

 

Oh.

 

No wonder.

 

 

 


 

 

   

 

    After Baekhyun and Chanyeol left his house with a goodbye, he closed the door and locked it. The two came visited him since they have some work to do in a group of three and of course, the pair chose Luhan as the third in the group. Luhan entered his room and laid himself on the bed. He took out his phone and put it on the small desk situated just beside of his bed.

 

 Tomorrow, he’ll meet one of the victims.

 

Jung Taekwoon.

 

His neighbour.

 

 

 

 

♦♦♦

 

 

 

    Entering the hospital, he walked to the counter and asked the nurse for the patient named Jung Taekwoon.

 

“May I ask you sir, what’s your relationship with him?” the nurse asked.

 

“He’s my neighbour.” he replied.

 

“Oh ok.. his room number is 217.” he thanked the nurse before going to the said room.

 

He noticed that there were rarely people visiting the victims.

 

 

 

 

 

When he arrived, there was no doctor around so it was easier for him.

 

“Taekwoon?” he entered the room.

 

He saw Taekwoon was curled up in a bed, crying.

 

“Taekwoon? Leo?” he called Taekwoon by his nickname.

 

“Haekyeon.. Haekyeon..” he heard Taekwoon muttered.

 

Oh.

 

It’s the incubus’ name.

 

His incubus’ name.

 

“Taekwoon.. who’s Haekyeon?” he asked, giving a shot.

 

“He.. he ..”

 

“He what?” Luhan asked.

 

“Nice..” with that, Taekwoon stopped breathing and closed his eyes. Luhan called for the doctor frantically and when the doctor arrived, Luhan was ordered to wait outside.

 

   Instead of waiting outside, Luhan went straight to his home.

 

“Nice? His incubus is nice?” Luhan questioned to no one.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Jung Taekwoon, time of death, 2:15 p.m.”

 

 

 

 


 

 

 

During one of those many normal nights he spent, tonight was a bit different.

 

      He was greeted with a major headache, thinking that it was all from the lack of sleep since he has insomnia. He drank his coffee since he has to do his homework. He just got a call from his uncle saying that instead of spending 3 weeks in California, he has to continue his work in New York for another 3 weeks. Luhan said that it’s okay and he’ll take care of himself.

 

    He couldn’t open his eyes anymore and he decided that it’s about time for  the dreamland to take over him.

 

Coffee pfft. Bull. Coffee never worked on him.

 

He’s tired that’s why he felt so sleepy.

 

If it was any other nights, he has to force himself to sleep.

 

Oh well, he’s tired tonight.

 

He lie down on the bed and shut the lights off before closing his eyes.

 

 

 

♦♦♦

 

 

 

 

    He opened his eyes and quickly brought his hand to shield his eyes from the light. He groaned as he felt his body was lying on a hard surface. The floor. He stood up and glanced around him only to receive all white surrounding.

 

He’s in his dream.

 

He stayed quiet because it looked like he could do nothing here. There was nothing until a voice interrupted him.

 

“Hello.” Luhan turned around and see a man dressed in all black from head to toe, making him such a contrast in the white environment. The man’s hair was messy in every direction but yet he still looked good. The thick eyeliner he wore and the smirk he has on his face made Luhan shivered a bit. He’s tall, about a head taller than Luhan. The way he smirked, his high arching eyebrows, sharp cheekbones and jawline, smouldering eyes, hair pushed all the way up messily giving a clear view of his sweaty forehead. His lips were curved up a bit but yet seemed so cunning.

 

He looked evil.

 

No offense, but the mysterious guy totally looked evil.

 

Stop it Luhan. It’s just a dream.

 

“Umm hi?” Luhan replied – asked.

 

“What are you doing here?” the man smiled, actually he smirked. Again.

 

“Dreaming. This is my dream.”

 

“What makes you so sure about that?”

 

“I just know it.” Luhan shrugged.

 

“Blink your eyes.” the man ordered.

 

“Why?”

 

“Just do it.” answered the man. The irritated look could be clearly seen on his face.

 

Luhan feeling like in no mood to argue, blinked his eyes. When he opened it,

 

“.” he muttered.

 

      The man who was standing in front of him now looked nothing like the ‘evil’. There, he stood in front of Luhan, honey-brown hair with his bangs down until the above of his eyes, mouth curling up a small smile, a cute one, he was wearing a plain white shirt with a black cardigan.

 

“Whoa who are you? Where’s the evil-looking guy?” he asked bluntly.

 

“Who are you calling evil you little-”

 

“Who are you?”

 

“Aish don’t cut my words.” the man sighed.

 

“Just answer me will you?”

 

“Okay.. okay.” he smiled. “Hi I’m Oh Sehun.”

 

“Sehun? Well that’s a nice name.” Luhan said.

 

“Thanks but may I know, who’s the evil-looking guy?”

 

“Duh.. of course it’s you.” Luhan rolled his eyes when he notice that both of them were the same person.

 

“Sassy.”

 

“Why you’re here, in my dream?”

 

“I’m surprised that you ask me. If you’re just another  human, I won’t be surprised but you’re the human. The one that acknowledges our presence. Well, I’m the species that you’ve been researching all days and nights. The species that made your cousin died. I’m one of the species that made Jung Taekwoon and Kim Jooyeon died.” He paused and chuckled.  “But I’m just one of the species, not the real killer of all the victims.”

 

“Incubus?” Luhan breathed.

 

“Took you long enough to figure it out.”

 


 

A/N : 

Must be a boring journey to read this.

I know.