Seven

LOVE?

“This is it.” Taeyeon muttered as she prepares herself as they will be going to her parent’s funeral. She was fixing her dress when someone knocked on her door. “Come in.” “Ready to go?” It was her grandfather. “Yeah.” Taeyeon replied. Her grandfather nodded his head and led her out of the room. “Will you be alright?” Grandpa Kim asked her as he taps her shoulders. “I’ll be fine.” She replied as she smiled slightly trying to look strong. As they head outside the house Taeyeon remembered about asking Tiffany in accompanying her. “Grandpa.” “Hmm?” Her grandpa stops his steps and looked at her granddaughter. “I forgot that my friend will be accompanying me. You could go first, I’ll pick her up.” Taeyeon explained. “How about if we pick her up together? It’ll be easy for us that way.” Grandpa Kim offered. Taeyeon think of it for a while. Reluctantly, she agrees because it’ll be more convenient for them.

On the other side. Tiffany woke up earlier since she has to prepare herself. She has told her mom about going with Taeyeon at the funeral and her mother agrees. Tiffany was about to go down when she heard the doorbell rings. “Tiffany! Your friend must be here.” Her mom shouted from the kitchen. “Coming!” she replied as she dashed downstairs. When she opened the door she saw Taeyeon with someone who she has guessed to be Taeyeon’s grandfather. “Good Morning.” Tiffany politely greets the two.  “Good Morning to you too.” The two greeted back. “So you must be Taeyeon’s new friend?” The man asked her. “Ah. Yes.” She answered politely. “Nice meeting you. I’m Taeyeon’s grandfather. Please take care of my granddaughter.” Grandpa Kim told her as he offered his hand. “Nice meeting you too sir.” Tiffany replied as they shook their hands. “Just call me grandpa.” He said. “No need to be formal.” He added. Before she could even replied back. “Are you ready to go?” Taeyeon asked her. “Yeah.” She replied as Taeyeon nodded her head. “Mom! I’ll be going now!” “Okay!” Her mom replied. “So let’s go?” Grandpa Kim asked and the two girls nodded and they started to head at the car.

The ride was a little bit quiet. When they arrived at their destination, Taeyeon tried to be strong as she place roses on top of her parents coffin before they sent her parents’ to their final resting place. Tiffany stood behind her friend trying to build up her friend’s mood. As Taeyeon sent her parents off, she let out her final tear for them and promised herself to be strong and live happily. After the funeral no one dared to talk about it. Taeyeon encouraged herself to start making new good memories with the help of her new best friend that promised to stay at her side always.   

Days, weeks have passed. Taeyeon and Tiffany become attached at the hip. They are always seen together and they became inseparable. As a result of being together, the two have gain some information about each other like, Taeyeon and Tiffany are born in the same year except for the fact that Taeyeon was months older than Tiffany. Also since school are about to start, Tiffany decided to apply at the same university with Taeyeon but both have different courses. Taeyeon is taking up architecture, while Tiffany is taking up medicine. Both of them are in their second year of studying. “Hey, why did you take up architecture?” Tiffany asked her friend. They are now at the same place where they first met. It was a little bit sad but they promised to change that into a good one. “Hmm? Why did I?” Taeyeon think about it for a moment before answering. “I have grown to like drawing things and some building structures since I was a kid, nothing in particular thou.” She answered. “How about you? Why did you take up medicine?” She asked Tiffany back. “It’s my dream to become a doctor nothing special.” Tiffany answered. “Hmm.” Taeyeon hummed in response.

Both of them become quiet enjoying the view up in the hill and the fresh air they are breathing while listening to some music at the radio. Not until Tiffany asked another question to Taeyeon again. “By the way. Why didn’t you take Music as your major?” She asked. “I mean, you have passion in singing and you really have a beautiful voice.” She added. Taeyeon chuckled at her friend’s question. “Shouldn’t I ask you the same question? Why didn’t you take Music as your major?” She asked the same question to Tiffany. “You also have a beautiful voice.” Taeyeon added. “Yah! I asked first. You should be answering first.” Tiffany retorted. Taeyeon laughed at her friend before answering. “No need, I think we share the common reason.” She told her friend. “Maybe.” Tiffany mumbled.  “But seriously though, you really have a good voice.” Tiffany complimented her friend. “Thanks. I could say the same to you, In fact you also have a beautiful looks. What a total package.” Upon hearing Taeyeon’s comment, Tiffany’s cheeks became flushed. “Aw. No need to be flattered.” Taeyeon friend. “Yah!” Tiffany glared at Taeyeon. Taeyeon just shrugged it off and laughed at her friend’s reaction.  They continued to tease each other, not wanting to lose with each other.

The two stopped teasing each other since they both starting to get tired of it and they continued listening at the radio. That time, the sun was about to set, creating bluish-orange color mixing together at the sky.  Sure time really flies by. “We really don’t know what will happen tomorrow.” Taeyeon stated, eyes directly staring at the sky. “Yeah. Life is really full of surprises.” Tiffany agrees. “I really wonder what will happen next. Life is like a book, it contains different chapters and adventures.” Taeyeon added at her statement. “Hmm. True.” Tiffany only agrees.

They continued to watch the sunset not knowing what the future beholds for the two of them. Little did they know their story hasn’t started yet? Not now, nor tomorrow.  Sooner new chapters in their life will be updated. Soon. 


A/N: Sorry for the super late update. I've been busy with school this past months. I'll make sure to find time to update. :D