Nine

LOVE?

Days, Weeks have passed. Everything was normal where in many students were expected to be busy because of college. And with that, the trio was also indeed busy with their studies, not wanting to fail any of their subjects. It was already their lunch time when the three met up at the school cafeteria, settling down on their seats with their foods settled on the table. “I swear! Biology always makes me sleepy.” Sooyoung whined and complained on how boring the said subject was. “That’s not that bad.” Tiffany stated. “Well not for me.” Sooyoung glared at the other. “How ‘bout you Tae, how’s class?” Sooyoung asked the other. “It was fine.” Taeyeon answered not even sparing a single glance to the two since she was busy with her drawing stuff. But she was stopped from drawing when someone decided to take a seat beside her. “Hey, can I sit with you guys?” That someone asked. “Yeah sure. The more the merrier.” Sooyoung answered while Tiffany just shrugged. “Thanks.” “Hey. Weren’t you’re the one who came to our table last time?” Sooyoung asked. “Uh, yeah. My name is Jessica by the way. Jessica Jung.” The newbie of the group introduced. “I’m Sooyoung. And this girl beside me is Tiffany. And the one beside you is Taeyeon.” Sooyoung introduced the whole gang. “Can I befriend you guys, I mean-“ “Sure! As I said earlier the more the merrier. Right guys?” Sooyoung cut her while Tiffany just nodded her head smiling a little bit, and Taeyeon just nodded her head while fidgeting a little bit on her seat. “Thank you guys.” Jessica thanked them.

 “Can I ask something?” Sooyoung asked Jessica. “Sure. Go ahead.” “What major are you in?” Sooyoung started. “I’m majoring arts.” “That’s cool.” Sooyoung complimented while Tiffany and Taeyeon remained doing their own businesses. “By the way about last time. Can I know what happened to the two of you?” Sooyoung asked, fingers pointing at Jessica and Taeyeon. “Well if you don’t mind.” Sooyoung added, smirking a little bit when she saw Taeyeon glaring a little bit at her. “About that. I kinda bumped on her last time. My fault though.” Jessica explained. Taeyeon looked at Jessica when she felt the other’s stare on her. And there is it. She blushed at the sight in front of her; it was just Jessica smiling at her. It was a friendly smile thou. Taeyeon looked away hurriedly to hide her blush. “Oh! Aren’t you two cute together?” Sooyoung cooed like a fan girl. Jessica just laughed at it while Tiffany frowned at the sight of her “best friend” blushing about the comment. ‘Why am I like this?’ Tiffany sighed at her thought. Taeyeon on the other hand, ‘I swear, I’m going to kill this giant devil.’ Taeyeon told herself and tried to ignore Sooyoung’s continuous blabbering. 

All of them have to head back to their own classes. They told themselves, more like Sooyoung herself, to hang out sometime. Taeyeon was grabbing her bag ready to leave when Jessica hold her wrist to stop her. “Let’s go together. We’re just in the same building.” Jessica stated while Taeyeon just nod her head, still blushing. Jessica pulled Taeyeon with her, with their hands interlaced together. “See you guys.” Jessica waved her hand at the two before going to their class. ‘Ship is sailing.’ Sooyoung internally giggled. “Let’s go?” Sooyoung asked Tiffany. “Yeah, sure.” “You okay? You seemed to be a little off.” Sooyoung asked. “Huh? I’m fine. Just thinking if I have forgotten something.” Tiffany smiled a little bit to reassure her friend. Sooyoung just believe in her not knowing that it was a lie. With that the two of them head back to their class. 

While walking together, with hands holding together. Jessica looked at Taeyeon before chuckling at the sight. “You’re a shy type aren’t you?” She muttered but loud enough for Taeyeon to know that she was telling something. “You’re saying something?” Taeyeon asked. “Nothing.” Jessica answered. “You’re cute.” Jessica commented. “I’m not.” Taeyeon tried to pull back her hand but with no avail. “Let’s hurry up; we might be late for class.” Jessica changed the subject while laughing a little bit. ‘Aren’t you fun to be teased?’ Jessica told herself. Taeyeon on the other hand feels like she was about to explode. There was this electrifying feeling as Jessica holds her hand, and she could feel butterflies on her stomach. ‘Is this what they called love? Am I in love with, with her?’ Taeyeon asked herself; too many questions were forming into her head.


Meanwhile, Tiffany looks like she cannot focus on her studies. Her mind kept on repeating the scenes earlier. On how she saw Taeyeon act when Jessica was around, she can’t help to be a little bit hurt. ‘Just admit it, you’re jealous.’ Her inner self told her. ‘Jealous? Am I really jealous about it?’ Tiffany shook her head. ‘No, I’m not. Just focus on your studies first Stephanie.’ Tiffany sighed, trying to get out from her thoughts and try listening to their professor. 

And with that the day continues with two “best friends” feeling the opposite. One was jealous and the other was in love. Then there’s someone being oblivious and there’s someone who’s planning to get her otp together.    


A/N: 10th chap. is up... Comments and suggestions are very welcomed. :)