Thirteen

LOVE?

“Hey mom.” The girl greeted her mom. “Hey honey. You’re early today.” Jessica’s mom greeted “Really?” Jessica asked as she looked up to the clock hanging on the wall which says ‘6:15’. “Tell me, something’s up?” Her mom asked her. “Well you see.” Jessica stopped for a while thinking is she should tell this to her mom. “Just tell me. I’m your mom after all.” Mrs. Jung pats her back and sat beside her daughter. “Well, I have this friend who is starting to like this other girl but she doesn’t know what that other girl thinks of her.” Jessica stated. “So you like someone, huh?” Mrs. Jung asked. “Ye- No! Mom! We’re talking about a friend of mine here!” Jessica blurted out while blushing. “So tell me who is it?” Her mom asked while raising her right eyebrow and her lips forms into a playful smile. “I told you it’s my friend!” Jessica answered. “Friend you say. So you like Taeyeon, right?” Her mom asked her as if she’s teasing her daughter. “Fine! You got me.” Jessica surrendered with her lips pouting. “So you do like her.” Mrs. Jung asked once again to confirm. Jessica shyly nods her head with her eyes down on the floor. “I knew it!” Mrs. Jung giggled. “How did you know about it?” Jessica asked her mom. “Mother’s Instinct?” Her mom answered. “So tell me when are you going to confess?” she added. “Well, I don’t know, I mean I don’t even know what she will think of me.” Jessica answered. “Don’t worry; I think she likes you too.” Her mom stated like it’s a matter of fact. “How did you even know about it?” Jessica asked. “I just know it.” Her mom answered. “You should go now; you’ll be late for school. Go and get your girl.” Mrs. Jung added. “Okay. I’ll go now. Love you.” Jessica kissed her mom’s cheek before leaving for school. ‘I don’t think she’ll need any help from me then.’ Mrs. Jung smirked.

After the talk with her mom, Jessica tried to get closer to Taeyeon every single day and it eventually happened that they got really closer than before. It has been always Jessica’s routine to go to Taeyeon’s class every lunch time and dismissal. Just like today, Jessica went to Taeyeon’s classroom to fetch the other. “Hey.” Jessica greeted. “Hey.” Taeyeon greeted back smiling at the other. “Let’s go?” Jessica asked. “Sure.” Taeyeon replied. “After you.” Jessica make way for Taeyeon and the other just laughed at her actions. As they head to the cafeteria, both of the chat and laugh together. “Hey do you know when does a person become the heaviest?” Jessica asked. “I don’t know. When?” Taeyeon asked back. “During weight lifting.” Jessica answered as she started to laugh at her joke and Taeyeon joined her.

Meanwhile at the cafeteria there are two girls waiting for their other friend to come but it seems that there’s still no Taeyeon at their sight. “Where is she?” Sooyoung asked. “Maybe she’s with Jessica.” Tiffany answered with bitterness on her tone. Sooyoung looked at her playfully as she nudge Tiffany’s waist lightly. “What?” Tiffany asked glaring at her. “You’re jealous, aren’t you?” Sooyoung asked as she wiggled her eyebrows playfully. “I’m not! What nonsense are you saying?” Tiffany answered. “You are. Just admit it.” Sooyoung continued to friend. “Just think whatever you want. Just telling you, I’m not jealous.” Tiffany stated as she eat her food ignoring the other. “You’re jealous.” Sooyoung stated. But before she could continue teasing the other, another girl came in. “Hey guys, can I sit here with you?” Yuri asked. “Sure.” Sooyoung answered with a smile. “Thanks.” Yuri settled down before asking a question. “By the way, where’s your other friend? Taeyeon?” She asked. “We don-““There they are.” Sooyoung stated cutting Tiffany’s words as she spotted the two laughing girls.

Yuri turned her head to see where Sooyoung was looking but the sight she saw was the most painful one. She saw Jessica and Taeyeon walking towards their table while laughing together. She looked down quietly as her hands start to form into a fist beneath the tables. “Hey guys.” Jessica greeted Sooyoung and Tiffany with a smile but turned into a frown when she saw Yuri sitting together with them. “What are you doing here?” Jessica asked Yuri with coldness on her tone. “She wanted to sit with us.” Sooyoung answered for her. “That’s great then.” Jessica stated with a fake smile. “You two should eat too.” Sooyoung ushered for the two new comers to sit down. “Thanks.” Taeyeon stated as they settled down. “Hey are you guys available this Saturday? I and Tiffany were planning to hang out.” Sooyoung stated. “You could join us too Yuri-ssi.” She added. “No!” Jessica blurted out and the other four looked at her. “I mean no, we couldn’t go with you guys.” Jessica excused. “We?” Yuri asked. “Taeyeon and I were planning to go somewhere this Saturday.” Jessica answered coldly. “We do?” Taeyeon asked looking confused. “Yeah. I was going to ask you later on.” Jessica lied. “Ohh.” Taeyeon nod her head. On the other hand, Tiffany couldn’t bear to hear the conversation anymore that’s why she stood up and ran out of the room leaving the four confused girls. “What’s wrong with her?” Jessica asked. “Maybe she’s not feeling well.” Yuri answered. “I have to go too.” She added before leaving the cafeteria, leaving the three together which Jessica wanted to.

After their classes, Jessica went to Taeyeon’s class but unfortunately the said girl was already gone. “Where did she go?” Jessica asked herself. “Hey.” Someone pats Jessica’s shoulder. “What do you want?” Jessica asked coldly knowing that it was Yuri who patted her. “Can I talk to you?” Yuri asked hesitantly. “Fine, I’ll give you three minutes.” Jessica stated as she folded her arms. “Not here. Can we go to other place?” Yuri asked. “Why? Can’t you just tell me here?” Jessica answered. “Please.” Yuri begged. “Fine.” Jessica sighed. Both of them head out to the back of the building so that no one could hear their conversation. “You’re three minutes starts now.” Jessica stated. “I-“Before Yuri could say anything she hugged he other tightly. “Just let me.” Yuri pleaded as tears were coming out from her eyes. Jessica just stood there and let the other hug her. Guilt was rushing through her as she hears the other cry.

 “I don’t like you with her. I really don’t because I want you with me more. I sound like a selfish and I don’t feel that way at all. But me falling for you hard with these strong feelings for you. I want you more and more. I love your kisses and your hugs. I like how you are there for me caring. You make me feel so appreciated and loved. Can you please be mine just mine alone?” Yuri stated it all as she continues to cry. “Yuri please.” Jessica pleaded. “No.” Yuri shook her head tightening her hug. “We’re over. I’m not yours and you’re not mine anymore.” Jessica stated. “I can still be yours, please just give me a chance.” Yuri pleaded. “I’m sorry but-“”You already like someone.” Yuri continued her words. “Why can’t it be me?” Yuri asked as she looked at Jessica straight to her eyes. “Then you shouldn’t have done it before!” Jessica shouted. “I’m sorry okay! I know it’s my entire fault but.” ”We’re already over and I already like someone new please, just please let me go.” Jessica pleaded once again. “Fine. But can I kiss you once again? I’ll let you go just let me kiss you for this one last time.” Yuri stated but before Jessica could reply Yuri’s lips were already placed against her. Jessica pulled out and muttered a quick ‘I’m sorry’ before leaving the other by herself. ‘Just wait and see I’m going to have you back.’

On the other hand, “Tiffany, can we talk?” Taeyeon asked her friend. Taeyeon rushed out of their room a while ago to talk to her friend because somehow she felt guilty about what happened earlier at the cafeteria. “What is it?” Tiffany asked looking at the floor. “I’m sorry about earlier.” Taeyeon apologized. “What for? You didn’t do anything to me.” Tiffany replied. “I’m sorry. I know that I spend too much time with Jessica and I’ve never hanged out with you again.” Taeyeon explained. “It’s alright. I understand.” Tiffany stated. “No. I want to make it up to you.” Taeyeon replied. “You don’t have to-“”I want too. Just let me.” Taeyeon pleaded. “ Fine.” Tiffany sighed. “Thank you. I promise to make time for you and Sooyoung.” Taeyeon promised. “Promise?” Tiffany asked and Taeyeon nod her head bringing out her pinky to seal her promise. “Promise.” Taeyeon stated and Tiffany locked her pinky with Taeyeon’s and smiled at the other. ‘I hope that you’ll never break your promise.’


A/N: Another update. What do you think of the story so far?