Fourteen

LOVE?

After what happened earlier, Jessica lied on her bed and places her right hand on her chest feeling her heart beats so fast, watery eyes with tears that’s about to fall. She brought her left hand to as she cried, trying to hide her muffled cries. She was in pain, her heart does. ‘We’re already over, I don’t love you anymore.’

Flashback

It was already 10pm but her girlfriend is nowhere yet to be seen. Jessica glances at her watch for a couple of times and can’t keep worrying and feel disappointed at the same time. She and her girlfriend was supposed to meet at the park 7pm sharp to celebrate their anniversary. Jessica tried to call the other but she’s not picking it up and it makes Jessica more anxious. “Yuri-ah, where are you?” Jessica asked. She decided to wait a little more, maybe the other was busy but then after 30 minutes she received a text from the other.

From: Yul~ <3

                I can’t come, you should go home. Something came up.

Jessica felt so disappointed and sad. “You could have told me earlier!” Jessica shouted in frustration as tears fell from her eyes. She didn’t reply to the other and with a heavy heart she starts to walk home. As she walks to the path leading her home she heard a voice that’s somewhat familiar to her ears. She followed the voice and it led her to the playground and there she saw the most displeasing sight, it was her “girlfriend” that is already lip locked with other “guy”. It was so painful for her that she started to cry once again that caught the attention of the two, Jessica ran away since she cannot tolerate it any more. Yuri was so shocked to see Jessica just right in front of them before the later ran away. Yuri pushed the guy she was kissing earlier as she followed Jessica. “Jessica! Wait!” Yuri shouted as she continues to catch up with the other. But thanks to her long legs, she manages to catch up and grabbed Jessica’s wrist to stop the girl. “Wait! Let me explain.” Yuri wanted to explain but Jessica cut her off. “I don’t want to listen to you. Let me go.” Jessica stated. “It was a misunderstanding.” Yuri explained. “Misunderstanding? I could understand everything that you cheated on me!” Jessica shouted. “Please just hear me out.” Yuri pleaded. “There’s nothing for me to hear, I’ve seen enough. We’re over.” Jessica pried her wrist from the other girl’s hold and ran away.

“Love? You love me?” Jessica found it ridiculous but she cannot stop the pain in her heart. Does she still love the other? ‘I don’t love her anymore. Do I?’ She asked herself. “I already like someone and I’m going to confess to her. Past is past. I’ve already moved on.” Jessica tried to be strong but inside she’s confused of her own feelings.

Jessica exhaled a big one as she’s nervous for she will be confessing to Taeyeon today. Even though she’s still confused she wanted to settle her feeling with the means of confessing. ‘If this will help me forget.’ Jessica let out a sigh and head to Taeyeon’s class. It was already dismissal time and she texted the other to wait for her but she didn’t tell the reason.  The time Jessica arrived, there she saw Taeyeon waving her hands to her. “Hey.” Jessica greeted the other nervously. “Hey. Why did you ask me to wait?” Taeyeon asked. “Um, I just want to tell you something.” Jessica explained. “What is it?” Taeyeon asked once again. “I’ll tell you but let’s go somewhere else.” Jessica replied. Taeyeon nod her head and let Jessica drag her up to the university’s rooftop.

“So what is it that you’re going to tell me?” Taeyeon asked the other. “Well you see, um…” Jessica looked down at the floor, too nervous to look at the other. “I like you.” Jessica stated but she didn’t hear any reaction or answer from Taeyeon that’s why she tried to look at the other. There she saw Taeyeon looking at her with wide eyes. “I know that this is too sudden but.” Jessica sighed for a while before continuing. “You never fail to amaze me. Every day there is something new that makes me like you even more than the day before.” Jessica professed. “You can give me your answer anytime, I know-““Then I’ll give it to you now.” Taeyeon cut the other’s words. “Pardon?” Jessica looked at her with her eyes wide open. But instead of receiving an answer she was already being kissed by the other. “I like you too.” Taeyeon confessed as she chuckled. “Really?” Jessica asked, still not believing at what happened. Taeyeon nod her head. “You know what, I’m not afraid of heights, I’m afraid of falling. I’m not scared of the dark; I’m scared of what’s in it. I’m not afraid of love, I’m afraid of not being loved back. I’m so relieved to hear you liking me back.” Taeyeon stated shyly. “I don’t know why but my mind wanders a lot. And it always finds its way to you.” She added. Jessica smiled at the other’s words and pulled Taeyeon into a kiss. She didn’t know if she feels so happy with this but she felt so weird and she already made a promise to herself to move on. “So, what are we?” Taeyeon asked. “Well, what do you want us to be?” Jessica asked back with a chuckle. “You didn’t ask me for a date though.” Taeyeon stated jokingly. “Then, will you go out on a date with me?” Jessica asked. “I won’t decline.” Taeyeon replied as they both laugh together. “So date it is.” Jessica stated. “Yeah but could we do it some another time? I want to spend my weekend with my friends, it’s been so long since I’ve hang out with them.” Taeyeon asked. “It’s alright, I understand.” Jessica replied. “Well we can have one today since class has ended.” Jessica stated. “Yeah we could.” Taeyeon stated happily. “Let’s go?” Jessica asked and Taeyeon nod her head. Jessica holds Taeyeon’s hand, interlocking their fingers together as they head out of the campus for their so called first date.  

Two became a couple but, will they be happy? Will Taeyeon fulfill her promise? What could possibly more to happen?


A/N: Update! How is it so far? Thank you to all my subbies. :D