Chapter 5

You're The First
Please log in to read the full chapter

"What... did you just say?" asked Baekhyun.

"You heard right Baekhyun-ssi. I have a growing attraction for you. Otherwise why else would I have done all those things for a complete stranger?" he asked back.

The bartender took this chance to really absorb what was in front of him. This couldn't have been the same young man as the CEO. "Are you really Oh Sehun? You're so different from what I remember," he blurted out.

"Well, that's because you've only really seen my business self. I am just a normal person as anyone else at other times," he smiled.

Oh Sehun smiled. "Do you even know how old I am?" asked Baekhyun.

"Are you perhaps 21?" asked Sehun. Baekhyun burst out laughing. "What's so funny?"

"Wow, I will take that as a compliment Sehun-gun. I'm 24 years old!" he continued to laugh at the other's reaction of utter shock and amazement.

"Then how come Kyungsoo-hyung just calls you Baek? Isn't he a year younger than you?" asked Sehun.

"That's only because we were in the same grade. He started school a year early and so it just became natural for us to drop formalities," answered Baekhyun. The smile on his face turned into one of sadness as he looked away from Sehun and sat up with his back pressed against the couch. "I'm guessing that Soo told you about what happened between Jongin and me for you to know all that you do, right?"

"Yes he did. I never thought that such a thing could have happened to a person like you Baekhyun-ssi," he answered.

"I was a very different person back then," sighed Baekhyun.

"What were you like?" asked Sehun as he turned to face the other and cross his legs.

"Well, as Soo would've told you, I was best friends with Kim Jongin. We met at the end of junior high and ended up in the same high school. He was the popular kid who had girls swooning over him whilst I was his quiet, smart best friend. People didn't understand why Jongin hung out let alone befriended me and honestly I didn't know why I did either. But there was something about him that drew me in. Later during the summer holidays between the second and third year of high school, I realised my feelings for him were much more than that of a best friend. And so, I confessed to him on the afternoon of the first day back at school. You know what happened next. However, one thing that Soo, probably didn't tell you was that after leaving Jongin's side, I completely changed myself. From the shy, quiet, nerdy Byun Baekhyun to the brutally honest, loud, intelligent Byun Baekhyun. I dyed my hair to a brunette colour, began to wear eyeliner, styled my hair and even changed my school bag. Everyone in school wondered what had happened to the inseperable best friends. They all wondered what had happened to Byun Baekhyun the nerd. But I never told any of them of what had happened that day. Only Soo, a couple of my closest friends and you know. Not even my own parents know about what had happened that day. They just thought that their son was starting his final year anew, so I didn't ruin their beliefs and just continued on from there," he explained.

Baekhyun wasn't crying. He didn't look angry. He was smiling in f

Please log in to read the full chapter