Chapter 4

You're The First
Please log in to read the full chapter

Baekhyun was driven home by Kyungsoo later that morning and so he could recover properly, his friend had advised him to stay home for a couple of days.

 

Kyungsoo went to work in the afternoon much to Sehun's surprise. Also much to Sehun's surprise, his hyung looked rather annoyed at him. "Hyung, did I do something to upset you?" he asked, eyes still concentrating on the work in front of him.

"No, you didn't upset me at all," he answered, getting into his work once he was all sorted.

"Then who did I upset?" he asked. He never liked it when his friends were in a bad mood, it put him off.

"You should figure it out yourself. I mean, if I just tell you then you'll just continue to ask questions and just forget about it in the end. That's the sort of person you are after all. So, until you figure it out for yourself and until you can stop being so stubborn about Luhan, you can just forget about me answering any of your questions Sehun," answered Kyungsoo.

The two of them didn't talk about much other than business after that, but even then, there wasn't much to talk about.

 

Baekhyun had fully recovered after a couple of days rest and having thrown up the previous morning, everything bad seemed to be out of his system. He was out once again, this time in a much more secure location - a mall. He was just wandering around and then everything seemed to stop. In front of him, several metres away, standing there was Kim Jongin. He was taller and had gotten a tan - and a new boyfriend who looked like he could disguise as a girl and not be caught.

 

Meanwhile, Sehun was also having a day-off and was browsing around in the mall. He looked up from the store window in which he was looking at only to see Luhan. He was with a taller, tanned male. He noticed that the couple had turned to face a certain direction and when he followed their line of sight, he saw the petite bartender. The couple began approaching Baekhyun, but the latter stood there for a moment before bolting.

Sehun took this chance to walk up to the couple and be brave for once. "Luhan? I didn't think I would see you around here," said Sehun.

"Oh, hi Sehun, are you off work right now?" the said male asked.

"Yeah, I am. Nice to meet you, I'm Oh Sehun," he let out a hand to the tanned male.

"Likewise, I'm Kim Jongin," he shook the outstretched hand firmly.

"Could I ask how you knew Baekhyun-ssi?" asked Sehun. This seemed like the right person to ask because from what Sehun saw earlier, there was obvious shock and anger in the bartender's eyes.

"Oh, we used to be best friends in high school, but then something happened to Baekhyun and for the whole final year, he avoided me. He has never told me why though," he answered. "How would a person such as yourself know someone like Baekhyun, Sehun-ssi?" asked Jongin.

"Well, he's a friend of my secretary," he answered.

"We should meet up some time to have a chat or two Sehun-ssi, it would be nice to get to know a man such as yourself," suggested Jongin.

"Yes, we should. It was nice meeting you Jongin-ssi and nice seeing you again Luhan," he bowed slightly, before bidding them goodbye.

 

And that was the conversation that did it all. Sehun no longer seemed to feel the same way when he talked to Luhan in person. There just didn't seem to be anything that pulled at his heartstrings as he saw the acts of affection displayed by the couple. So, he had accomplished something that Kyungsoo told him to do - stop being so stubborn about Luhan.

He went straight home after that and began to think long and hard.

 

Please log in to read the full chapter