Chapter Eight: E

INFINITE?

E

 

Sungjong's POV


What Myungsoo said about Sungyeol is so... CONFUSING. I mean, Sungyeol isn't hard-working and responsible! When we were young, he used to call me to go to their house to play but it always turns out to be the general cleaning of his room. And he will always let ME clean it. I can't say no to him, you know how I love my Yeollie. Hahahaha...

Myungsoo is still looking at me.

Wait, what's wrong with my beautiful face, huh? Any pimple? But I got no pimple because I always put cream. Putting cream on my face is a must. Stop this nonsense about my pretty face, let's go back to the reality of Myungsoo's words.

" Uhmm, Hello! Earth to Myungsoo please! " I wave my hands infront of him which made him go back to himself. He's so weird sometimes but it's okay coz he's good to my Yeollie! Hihihi

" Huh? Ah... So yeah, wait. What? Why is Sungyeol different? " he asked me. I quickly looked away from his asking eyes, he should not know the mysteries involving Sungyeol.

Mysteries I'm reffering to are:

First: Sungyeol isn't responsible. Believe me people. We were friends, no, scratch that, BEST FRIENDS since the world began. Maybe not since the world began but I know Sungyeol and he is not responsible.

Second: Sungyeol is a crybaby. One time, I unintentionally spilled his favorite Americano and he cried over it. He got mad at me for seven hours. Yeah, seven freaking hours. He just told me that he is angry and won't talk to me for seven hours. And I really don't why just seven hours. After that freaking seven hours, he talked to me with a new cup of coffee on his hand.

Third: Sungyeol won't let me look at his body. Yes, I don't get a chance to look at his top part of the body EVER. He won't let me see it. He's always saying that he's still trying to shapen up his abs and shouldn't be showed to anyone. Not that I'm a ert, but I really wanna see his body. Duh!

Fourth: He is a happy-go-lucky person. That's why I'm shocked when Myungsoo told me that Sungyeol is the top 2. He'll do anything he wants to do, he doesn't care for his actions' consequences after.

There are still many but I'm tired enumerating it.

" Jongiiiiieeee! " Sungyeol is handing out to me his tons of candies. Wait, what is this guy up to? Why so many sweets to buy? I should prevent him! Haaaa! He might lose all his teeth, my poor Yeollie.

I blinked at him two times.

Why is he still not putting his hands down and not getting his on the counter to pay those horrible candies.

He blinked back at me.

What the hell? Is he giving me some? Or he is letting me see the candies if I will love them to eat later with him and Myungsoo---

" Please pay it for me. You know, I don't have much money left to buy my babies because you ate too much a while ago at the restaurant and all my money i--- asdfghjkl, what the hell, Sungjong! Why did you cover my mouth? " he angrily whined at me. So I'm the reason why he got no money now. That is just so ridiculous! Myungsoo ate too... but yeah, not as much as I ate. Ok...

But the FUUUUUUU, this kid is really something! But he's my Yeollie so I can't say NO to him.

I thought, what I'm thinking will come true. And he's referring those damn candies as his babies.

Sungyeol is examining the candies inside the bag and his eyes are full of excitement.

I was about to grab Sungyeol's bag of candies when someone snatch it from his hands. It was Myungsoo, and he is making his way to the counter. I found Sungyeol blinking at Myungsoo's sudden action and I lead him to sit beside me but he refused to.

Why blink so many times?

As Myungsoo lines up in the counter, Sungyeol wanders again around the shop and it's too late for me to stop him because he's far already.

Then Sungyeol walked towards the counter, specifically, to Myungsoo to hand over something. I found his actions cute because he is like a kid who asked his mom if he could buy those for him.

My Yeollie is so cute! Oh my god. Okay, please stop me from fangirling...

When Myungsoo finished paying those candies. He handed them to Sungyeol and Sungyeol quickly shove his hand inside the bag and got three lollipops.

He gave one to me (Strawberry-flavored), one to Myungsoo (Chocolate-flavored) and to himself (Coffee-flavored). Awwwww, my Yeollie is so sweet. What should I do!

Right! A very nice idea popped inside my beautiful head.

" Myungsoo! My phone please. " I said to Myungsoo and he didn't think twice and fished the thing inside his pocket and gave it to me.

I typed my phone's password and smiled as I saw my wallpaper. A picture of me and Sungyeol when we are still kids. I never replaced it, I swear!

" Picture guys! " I shouted at them and they quickly looked at my phone's camera.Sungyeol did a very cute peace sign while Myungsoo just showed his dimple smile. And of course, I make sure that I'm pretty in every picture.

We took at least 20 shots and Sungyeol whined that his jaw hurts because of smiling. Myungsoo did the same. What kind of people are they? Oh my god!

I felt me body ready to collapse and my legs are aching already.

" Let's go home already. I'm tired and I want to rest. " I told them. They both laughed at me. What's wrong with these idiots?

" Jongie is such a diva~~ Jongie is such a diva~~ " Sungyeol sang. I glared at him but then, Myungsoo also sang and they were laughing like crazy. This is so embarassing...

After taking the bus going home, We still need to walk for an extra mile (just kidding ><) to our home and we make sure to promise that we will message each other later. We pinky promised and the scene is so cute.

Like I convinced both of them to pinky promise!!! Oh my god. My Yeollie is just so cute when he rubs his hands at the back of his neck, he's clearly hesitating to pinky promise but when Myungsoo let out his pinky finger, my Yeollie surrendered his too. Awwwww, I know my Yeollie can't turn his back on me. I just know it.

My walk would finally be over, I saw a very familiar design of the house and I figured that it's ours. Oh my god, I would let my bed eat me later.

We are welcomed by mom at the front door, I kissed her super duper fluffy cheeks and I already made my way to my room to change into some comfortable clothes. My mom wamly welcomed both of them. I chose a pair of blue pjs and wore my fluffy bunny slippers.
I walked downstairs and I heard mom inviting Sungyeol and Myungsoo to come in for a drink which the two of them refused. Saying that they have to go home already, especially Sungyeol. Why so eager to go home, it's just quarter to eight in the evening. But that's okay.

Oh my god, it was so fantastic to go out with them. Maybe next time again?

 

Sungyeol's POV

" Oh, you're Myungsoo right? The one who lives just across our house? " I looked at Myungsoo shocked and my eyes asking for an explanation. He just smiled at me, dimples revealed.

I was asking for an explanation, not dimples. I thought angrily.

" Ah, yes ma'am. " Myungsoo scratched the back of his head. My eyes are still on him. Wishing that he can explain this situation to me.

And how come that I don't know Sungjong's neighbors?

Nah, I just don't care about who Sungjong's neighbors are.

Sungjong's mom patted Myungsoo's shoulders and told him to stop calling him 'Ma'am'. Before we walk away, Sungjong's mom gave me an embrace saying that he missed me going to their house for a sleepover and that he wants to go shopping with my mom some time.

I smiled as a reply and we bid goodbye to her. She is so cool, a diva like her son too.

While walking to Myungsoo's house, none of us utter a word. It was a short walk, just short. Literally.

I was suprised when he stopped infront a house with lights off on it. Is this his house? I glanced at Sungjong's house and it made sense to me now.

This is really his house. Okay.

So why are the lights off? His parents went to a business trip too? Like Woohyun's?

" So, do you want to go inside? For a coffee or juice? " he asked me. My eyes wandered around the entrance of the house and my sight is glued to a certain photo on the wall. Myungsoo have a younger brother like me? The boy in the photo seems younger than him tho so I assume that it's his younger bro.

Well, I don't know his family. But I'd like to meet them, maybe next time? When they are at home?

" Hello? Sungyeol? " he asked me again. I looked at him and shooked my head. I need to go home already, mom might get angry again.

" Explain this whole thing to me tomorrow, okay? " I point my fingers on him and he stepped backwards, shocked with my hand's movement. I mouthed a 'Sorry' to him.

" Okay. I understand that you need to know this WHOLE thing about me and Sungjong being neighbors. You act like my boyfriend. " he even emphasized the word 'whole'. What a jerk, oh please good lord, help me understand this guy. And he whispered something at the last of his sentence. What was it?

Ugh, nevermind.

I waved at him and walked away. He said nothing with me leaving urgently.

Suddenly, I remembered that we have homeworks to do so I ran and I saw the corner where I will be turning left. I got too focused with enumerating my homeworks inside my head when a bike came running in my way and it's already late to stop myself from crashing my body against it.

We just both found ourselves on the ground with an aching body. The rider helped me stand and asked for forgiveness for what he did to me.

I said that it's okay since he didn't know that I'll be popping in the corner of the street.

I need to learn my lesson. I shouldn't be popping out of nowhere in street's corner. I embarassly look down at the cold ground.

He rode again his bike and once again, said his sorry for bumping me.

I walked limping and my head is freaking aching because I bumped my head on the post. I touched the aching part on my head and noticed that my hands had stain on it. A red stain.

Wait, blood? What? My mom would be angry. Heol! She hates seeing me with a wound especially on my head part. I don't know why she's so angry about that.

I looked at the convenience store near my position and went inside it. I bought everything that I need in cleaning my wound. After cleaning it, I put a band-aid on it, a tranparent one, so that she won't notice it.

I'm so genius! Ha!

Before going out of the shop, I fixed my hair to cover the wound and the plaster. My left foot is still aching and I had to endure it for me to be able to go home.

When I got home, Daeyeol immediately noticed my weird hairstyle. He's a jerk for noticing it so quickly. lol

" Hyung, you sporting that kind of hairstyle now? Too bad, it doesn't fit your pretty face though. You should have worn wig instead of having that out-of-this-world hairstyle. And boys might have crush on you and stalk you everyday on your way home. " he said, earning a punch from me. He tried so hard to sound like a murderer with what he said.

Yeah, everyone claims that I have a pretty face since I was young. What the hell, right. I'm freaking manly for pete's sake.

" Who's pretty face, huh? " I spat at him. This kid is annoying. But got no choice, he's my little brother. And our mom is looking at us weirdly.

But Daeyeol is right, this hairstyle doesn't look good to me. I have to admit it. Ugh.

 

No one's POV

The next day, Sungyeol did his everyday routine on fetching Sungjong, riding a bus with Sungjong and Myungsoo, talking with Woohyun at school and greeting Hoya and Dongwoo.

Sungyeol is in his usual self but Sunggyu noticed it. The way he flinch whenever Woohyun or Sungjong is about to touch his forehead.
While they are on their PE class, Sunggyu saw something shined on Sungyeol's forehead when it hit a ray from the sun. He then noticed a spot on it.

He knew it, Sungyeol have a wound.

He was about to approach Sungyeol about his wound when Woohyun came to Sungyeol and pulled him on the side. He can see Woohyun's face crumpled while saying something but Sungyeol just maintained the smile on his face.

Sunggyu knew why Woohyun's crumpled face is all about when Woohyun tried to touch Sungyeol's forehead gently. Sungyeol's hands are on Woohyun's arm to prevent him from touching the part. His heart ached from the scene so he turned back and walked to the nearest bench to cool off.

On the other side of the court, not far from Sunggyu's previous position is Myungsoo. Also eye-ing Woohyun and Sungyeol.

Another heart ached from seeing that scene.

 

Woohyun's POV
(A/N: At last, Woohyun's point of view! Hahahaha k.thx.bye)

" Yah, Lee Sungyeol! What the hell happened to your forehead, huh? Answer me! " I asked Sungyeol who is still smiling despite the fact that I'm questioning him really hard. I can't even bring myself to punch him because he's Sungyeol and I care for him.

" Yah! Answer me, you freaking tall monster and stop smiling like an idiot there! Argh! " I lift my hand to touch the plaster. He held my arm tightly, preventing me to touch his wound.

" You stupid owl! Where did you get this wound? I, as your best friend, need to know about this matter. Does Sungjong even know about this? I bet, he knows nothing with that. " I said, pointing at his forehead. He pouted at me and I have to admit that he is so cute. Awwww, my best friend~~~

" Yah! " someone hit my head with ball.

Who dares to throw a ball to Mighty Woohyun? Huh?

I angrily looked at the culprit and found Sungjong near me. His hands on his hips which looks kindda cute for me.

Wut? Wut wut wut wut wut? Cute? Eyyy, forget that I said that. Pleaaaaaaaassssseeee people, please forget about it...

I'll throw hearts and kisses for you guys, just please forget that I think he's super cute--- I said it again. Fruuuuccck.

" You son of a freaking bald hen! You don't lay your dirty finger to my precious Yeollie. Got it? " he shouted at me.

Wut? Wut wut wut wut wut? Who's son of a hen? Of a freaking bald one?

" Yah, I'm not the the son of a freaking bald hen of yours! " I shouted back at him which he just replied with an annoyed face.

" Like, seriously Woohyun? " he said, scrutinizing me with his look. I gave up and make space for him to take a look at Sungyeol who is still smiling and watching the basketball match.

" Yeollie? You alright? I'll take a look at your wound, kay? " he whispered at Sungyeol but I heard it clearly, so it wasn't a whisper right? But it looks like a whisper tho. I dunno!

Sungyeol just nodded at Sungjong like a child. I somehow... envy how Sungyeol acts around Sungjong is far from how he acts around me.

Sungyeol acts childish and carefree around that boy, but when he's around me, he acts like a true man but he's afraid of ghost whenever we go home late due to projects. Is Sungjong really his best friend? And not me? But I thought, we are both his best friends?
I frowned at that thought. It makes me want to protect him more from others who's thinking of hurting him.

But this war with Sungjong never ends.

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha---- *coughs*

I think... I think I need to drink water. Why choke on my own spit?

 

Myungsoo's POV

I CAN ING CLEARLY SEE SUNGJONG'S FACE IS NEAR SUNGYEOL'S FACE. LIKE WHAT THE FREAKING HELL IS HAPPENING BETWEEN THEM? I SHOULD KNOW!!!

I run towards their place but some jerk hit my precious face with a ball.

DAMN YOU! GO TO HELL AND NEVER COME BACK!

" Myungsoo! Sorry for hitting you! " I looked at the one who shouted to me and found that it is a guy and is currently doing a peace sign with a very failed aegyo. I rolled my eyes at him, he's creepy for doing that , but a lot of girls like what he did. Yuck. Just yuck.
And here I am, sitting on the ground. Not that I am lame, it's just that the force I received is strong and I stumbled. I'm really not lame, you've got to believe me.

While I'm busy cursing the one who threw the ball on my face, someone spoke up.

" Hey, you alright? Take my hand! " I heard his voice and a blush suddenly filled my face, a smile crept in it too but I had to supress it. It was Sungyeol.

" Uhmm, I'm fine. How about you? " I asked him, out of nowhere.

" Hahaha, you're funny Myungsoo. I'm fine. " I saw his eyes averted its gaze from my eyes.

I didn't notice Sungjong's presence until he broke the ice between me and Sungyeol. He suggested to grab some snacks since he didn't ate his breakfast a while ago. I sighed, when can I talk to Sungyeol alone?

Alone. Without his other half Sungjong (Sungjong claims that he is Sungyeol's other half).

Oh gracious goodness!

 

Flashback

December 2003

" Who are you, ma'am? "

" Who am I? " the woman was close to crying.

" Yes, Who are you? " Sungyeol asked the woman, now crying her eyes out, again infront of him. He doesn't know her! And there is man on his left who keeps on patting the shoulder of the crying lady, whom he didn't know why she is crying at all.

" I'm your mom Sungyeol! I'm your mom! " Then the woman suddenly hugged him tightly. He panicked but couldn't do anything about it.

Amnesia.

The seven year old Sungyeol just woke up from his coma for eight months.

Sungyeol needs to start from the very beginning again. Knowing his family, his relatives and many more. Which isn't easy.

He needs to catch up with his studies and make friends again in his new school.

But there's a picture his mom gave him, a picture of two boys, the one shows his gummy smile and the other with very small eyes, gave his cutest pose and smile.

" Remember him, son? He's Sunggyu! Your best friend since you're 4. " his mom told him, pointing at the boy with the cute pose and smile.

He tried to remember the boy in the picture, but sadly, he can't find any memories with this little boy.

" I can't remember him, mom. I'm sorry... "


Mehhhhh, another lame chapter for all of you. I love hitting the characters with a ball, I dunno why. Hahahaha.
So, this update might confuse you but please don't be.
The year that I stated last chapter was 2000, and here it was 2003. So it means, Sungyeol and Sunggyu's friendship is 3 years already before the accident happened.
You guys understand my point? Hhahaha, if not, feel free to ask me. ^^


I don't know how long this story would be.
And still, no Myungyeol moments yet, arggggghhhhh.
Maybe, I'll put some next chapter?
I miss them TT_______TT
Save me!!!
(But I love when Sungyeol and Myungsoo sang together!!!)
*flying hearts everywhere*
Anddddddd..... Kim Sunggyu is really killing me!


Thank you for reading and sorry for wrong grammars and typos and whatsoever.
Thank you soooooooooo much...