Chapter Nine: I

INFINITE?

seriously, i dunno where this fic is going but I want it to be fluffy hahahaha it's been a year (ALMOST) since my last update and I feel so sorry for all those who are waiting (if there are)


Listen to Mamamoo's Emotion ^^


Weeks passed and they are halfway towards the end of the year. But who really cares about going to college when you're still having fun with your friends in high school.

 

Their relationship is far better and stronger. Sungyeol have Sungjong, Woohyun and Myungsoo in his circle of friends. Sometimes, Sunggyu would join them in eating lunch and accompanying them whenever the other have time. Hoya and Dongwoo's presence in their circle isn't new too. The two dorks love making fun of the youngest which is Sungjong, teasing him and putting Sungyeol out of his reach. Sungjong always make faces when the two of them turn their back on him, earning an abundant laugh from Sungyeol.

After they finished their science project one friday afternoon, a very nice idea popped inside Sungjong's mind and he immediately shared it to Myungsoo who shyly agreed to it. He didn't bother to wake Sungyeol up because he know that Sungyeol have been staying up all night researching for the said project.

 

Sungjong's POV

" You sure about this kiddo? " Woohyun mockingly said to me. This freak is getting in my nerves already! He's always turning my hopes into ashes. Aghhh, I hate him. SO MUCH. Heavens know how much.

I'll freaking cut his balls for that question. I swear. Cross my heart!

" Yeah, a hundred and one percent sure Mr. Turning-My-Hopes-Into-Dust. " I replied with sarcasm on top. His eyes widen instantly and gave me a soft look, a kindda sad one. What is he up to now?

" Sorry... " he mumbled. Okaaaay, what's happening?

" I'm really sorry for turning your hopes into dust always. I'm just being careful with Sungyeol." now, it's my turn to widen my eyes.

And what do he think? I'm putting my oh so precious Yeollie in danger? Oh my god.

" He might hit his head on the corner of your table, and he could loss so much blood and its already late for us to bring him in the hospital, I can't see him inside a coffin and I love Sungyeol so much it hurts to say goodbye to him when he's gone and I'll be crying for a whole month in my bed in fetal position. I can't take those scenarios, oh please Sungjong, spare Sungyeol! Oh my goshhh, those kind of things might happen in your plan. " I facepalm. The last thing that I would do is to wander aroung Woohyun's world of imagination. He needs to consult the top psychiatrist we have in this world.

" Did you know that I love Sungyeol too? I love you all! " I smiled at him. He perked up and  looked stunned and I... ermm... just left him there spacing out, yeah, I just left him there. We still have a class and I don't care about what's running in his mind now, I just need to see my Sungyeollie! I don't need to bother myself with him.

Should I just call my alien friends to come get a greasy/clingy to my Yeollie/weird tree here? Nevahmind!

I hummed as I made my way to our room, Kotrol by Kim Sung Kyu. Yeah boy, it's so nice, but the singer do have the same name with my classmate Sunggyu. Oh nevermind my thoughts again.  Almost all the students are going to their respective classrooms already and I've seen few students who are going to their lockers to get something. Books, notebooks and other stuff. Oh, I also need to get my English book and my extra pen in my locker. Why would I get an extra pen? Of course, my Sungyeollie might lost his so I'm here to lend him one. I'm so thoughtful and genius, right? I know right!

True enough, Sungyeol came to me, sweating and panting.

" Jongie... " he called me. Still panting and wiping his forehead that is filled with sweat (but hell yeah, still hot and cute) with his handkerchief.

Will he be borrowing a pen from me? Omona, I'm soooo gonna believe with my instincts.

" Okay, Yeollie. Breath first before you tell me anything. " I told him while looking at him catch his breath. He looks ing cute, just by panting and his right hand on his chest. He looked inside my locker, like literally put his head inside it and quickly grabbed something from it. My bottled water that I brought earlier.

" I... " Sungyeol spoke. I anticipatedly waited for his next words. You what Yeollie? Say it! Spill it my baby Yeollie.

You?

" I need... " he said again. He's still catching his breath, what the hell. Where did he come from and why is he so worked up?

You? Need?

" You need what Yeollie? " I sounded annoyed. Our last class is about to start and yet, we are still outside the room. I straightly looked at his eyes, letting him feel the coldness that is emitting from my own eyes.

" I NEED YOU GIRL WAE HONJA SARANGHAGO HONJASEOMAN IBYEOLHAE. I NEED YOU GIRL WAE DACHIL GEOL ALMYEONSEO JAKKU NIGA PIRYOHAE~~ " Sungyeol suddenly banged his head backward and forward. Feeling the song and even doing the choreography, the y dance. Few students and teachers who are still in the hallway looked at him amusingly and they clapped after his suprise show. Well, all he got from me is a deadly glare.

I didn't expect this cute dance show of his. Awwww, my Yeollie is so gown up.

" What the hell are you thinking Sungyeol? " my face became as red as a tomato because of the thought inside my mind. It seems that he's not ashamed of what he did. But I just realized that my voice came out as an annoyed one when I saw my Yeollie's face turn gloomy.

" I... I just want you to smile. And I guess, I failed. Again. Again... " he sighed and left me there clueless of what he's talking about. He just wanted for me to smile? Why?

I'm always smiling. He's the one of the few reasons why I'm smiling everyday. Why would he want me to smile? What's happening?

I stayed at the hallway for 10 more minutes. For me to mentally digest what he said. These days, my baby Yeollie is so weird. Tickling me everytime we meet, which is literally everytime. But I always end up scolding him infront of others. It's because I really hate others tickling my body, it hurts. I pouted and finally closed my locker.

It couldn't be...

Before I even connect the dots, a voice from my back spoke. Chills ran in my spine. I recognize that voice.

" Lee Sungjong-ssi, won't you be attending your last class? " I turned around just to see our last class' teacher. Oh my god.

Screw my mind for thinking so deep.

" I'm attending sir. I'm sorry. " I bowed and immediately run towards my room.

I'm seriously screwed. Ugh.

As I stepped inside the room, I looked for Sungyeol's desk but he wasn't there. Which is  something unusual. I scanned the entire room, starting from the very first row to the back, only to find him beside Myungsoo.

 An earphones stucked between them while they are both giggling. A smile crept in my face, I saw my Yeollie smile. He's always cute.

Myungsoo didn't even notice me as I sit beside him. He is so focused with what Sungeyol is saying at him. I'm so intrigued so I leaned my body in their direction to hear what my Yeollie is saying clearly.

" Myungsoo, I think I failed again. A while ago, when I sang I Need U infront of you, you burst out laughing and you smiled like an idiot, while he did not even react when I sang it to him earlier... YAH, stop smiling already! " he hit Myungsoo's shoulders which made the other winced in pain. The other did not stop smiling though.

Is he referring to... ME? Oh my god again. Oh my god oh my god oh my god.

" Good afternoon class. "

Sungyeol hurriedly went to his seat without our teacher noticing it. My eyes are still on him, I watched him greet the teacher like what the others do, see him sit on the chair and entertain himself while the teacher is busy explaining the topic for today.

The discussion lets my soul go out my body for a while. It was freaking boring, I just doodled at the back of my notebook. As the discussion deepened, I found myself drawing two cute boys who are holding hands. I smiled at it and wrote my name and Sungyeol's below the drawing.

Then a hand came to the picture of me doodling. It was Myungsoo's. Under it is paper neatly folded with a note on it saying ' OPEN ME! '. I looked at him but he's busy listening to our teacher's words.

I carefully opened the folded paper. And found words inside it which put me be in the verge of crying.

" Sungyeol wants to see your smile everyday. Don't let him feel noone when he is someboby in your life... "

Myungsoo's handwriting is the best, and I can really feel my Yeollie here.

At last, our teacher dismissed us. I fixed my things right away and waited for the right moment to execute my plan. Myungsoo sent me his thumbs up as an encouragement and walked towards Sungyeol who is still scribbling something at the back of his notebook, which I assume is all about our next project.

My Yeollie's face lit up as soon as he saw Myungsoo's figure infront of him. He also helped Sungyeol to arrange his bag and didn't forgot to send me another look that signals me to follow tthem outside. I nod at him with a determined smile on my face.

Oh, this is going to be great! I miss my Yeollie~~~ lalalala

I quietly followed them as what Myungsoo suggested earlier, he would let Sungyeol go to the school park ( or even drag Sungyeol there if needed ) so that we can talk.

I felt my phone's vibrations and fished it inside my pants' pocket. It was Nam Woohyun. I intently looked at the screen of my phone before pressing the red button on the right side and put it back in my pocket. I also didn't forget to put it in Silent Mode  before walking to the school park.

I found where Myungsoo left Sungyeol waiting in our school's park. I walked there silently, tip-toeing when needed. I was almost there when I stepped on  dry crunchy leaves that are piled behind him. Those things made sounds and he instantly looked at his back.

I didn't wait for him to see my whole figure and immediately swarmed him with my big hug.

" Ohhhh... Sungjong! " he said with his softest voice. At that, my eyes started to pool and before I knew it, tears are already streaming down. Different thoughts are running inside my head and they are all scary so I hold onto Sungyeol a little too tight.

What made me cry more is when Sungyeol embraced me with the same intensity.

" I-I'm... I'm rea---lly so-sorry... " I said but I received nothing but an awkward silence. Tears didn't stop to fall and my hiccups are loud and I don't care about it all.

" Hey, Yeollie. I'm so-- "

Chup!

" There, there. Will that make you feel better, my Sungjongie? " Sungyeol flashed me his smile and with that, I buried my head to his chest and cried loudly. I'm quite aware that Sungyeol's shirt is soaked with my tears and I'm feeling guilty about it. I s my arms around his waist and hugged him again.

After a few minutes, Sungyeol peeled me off his body forcefully and cupped my wet face. My hands are clammy and my legs are going jelly.

" Yah, Jongie! Stop crying already. Your mom will think that I hurt you. YAHHH, I SAID STOP. AISH! " my tears dropped again for the nth time and Sungyeol quickly wiped my face with his sleeves.

" Why did you kiss me? " I asked, feeling unsure about the question.

" Yahhhhh, it is just in the forehead and you are acting like a stole your first kiss. Tch. " he snorted.

" Even though. "

" Diva. "

" Nerd! "

" Crybaby! "

" LOSER! "

" Meeehhh, I'm still handsome. " I pity his poor soul for that so I slapped the back of his head and ran away as soon as possible. It's so easy for him to catch and headlock me immediately. I shouted and ran and along our way home. For every tease, he would chase me with his puckered lips and I find it really disgusting.

 

" Yeollie, I'm sick so I have to be absent today. " I said to the other line. I can almost see Sungyeol's pouty lips and all I can ever do is to cough.

" Owwwwkaaayy Jongie. Stay strong and after classes, I'm going there with mom. " he replied with his usual cheerful tone and I smiled instantly with his hyperness.

I waited for hours and finally, someone's ringing the doorbell.

I was trying to get up of my bed to find who our guests are but my room's door suddenly opened and the next thing I knew is Sungyeol pushing me to lie on the bed again. I noticed the huge bear he is holding then. He gave it to me with a big smile and kissed my forehead next.

Shocked by his action, I just let him climbed on my bed.

" My mom used to do that to me when I'm sick. She would kiss me so I will be better and it is so effective. I swear! " he reasoned out once he is comfortable in my side.

" Okay, Yeollie. I believe you and I think, I'm feeling better already. " I said back.

 

When we reach our house, we stayed in our room and chatted for a bit before remembering my idea earlier at school.

" Hey Yeollie, do you want sleepover? Here in our house? " I asked him and he stopped what he is doing (which is digging into his closet) to look at me with sparkling eyes.

" OH MY GHAAAD OH MY GHAAADD, YAAASSSS. I WANT TO! WHEN ARE WE GOING TO HAVE SLEEPOVER? RIGHT NOW? TOMORROW? UHMM, MAYBE THE NEXT DAY? WHEEEENNN, WHEEEEEN? " he jumped and jumped and jumped from excitement and I can't help but laugh at him.

" Let's see... "

 

Sungyeol's POV

" So guys, the reason why I asked for your presence is because Sungjong and I decided to have a sleepover tomorrow. Since it is Friday tomorrow and no classes the next day. Watcha think, guys? " Myungsoo and Woohyun just blink their eyes on me so I had to wave my hands in front of them.

" Ohh, I'm in. Can I bring a friend over. I'm sure you guys will like him! " Woohyun commented and Sungjong and I looked at each other first before nodding at Woohyun.

" I'm in too. " Myungsoo shyly said to us.

" Okaaayy, so all is set. What: Sleepover, When: Tomorrow, Friday and at exactly 5 in the afternoon, Where: Sunjong's house, Things to bring: it depends what food or games you want to bring to make the sleepover more exciting. " I announced to them.

 

Flashback:

December 2003

" Hi! Nice to meet you. I'm Sungjong. Lee Sungjong. " a hand was offered to me. I looked up just to see a cute boy in front of me with a cute smile and a missing tooth.

" Hello. They call me Sungyeol, so I guess that's my name. " I smiled back at him and he just looked at me confused. I pat the space beside me and motioned for him to sit with me at the bench.

" You don't know your name? " he asked me with one of his eyebrow raised and I'm feeling so small from his stare.

" Uhmm, yes. I kind of forgot it. " I answered him. His pats my back which suprised me so I tensed for a while and immediately became comfortable around him when he hugged me saying that I need it to become better fast.

While he hugged me, I saw someone peeking at the fire exit door so I quickly ran after him but even before I reach the said door, my head started to ache and total blackness came after.

 


Stay tuned. Their sleepover will be next chapter ^^
Thanks for reading~

 

Nevermind the I Need U scene there hahahahahaha that was a total fail of comedy in my part. I'm sorry /bows 90 degrees/