Chapter Five: N

INFINITE?

N


It is  a new day. I headed into the kitchen and cooked Ramen. It's so delicious! By the way...

The other day, I had a new neighbor who came from US. He knocked on my door and gave me some dish. He told me that he was the one who cooked it. I said a simple 'Thank You' and introduced myself. I even offer him to go inside my house but he refused to.

 

" My name is Lee SungJong. Hope that we will be close! Uhm... Bye?! I really need to fix some documents! See you soon... " he told me and walked away before I even say 'OK'.



I am always late. Teachers don't bother. I looked at his empty desk. He is still not coming to school today?
SungYeol-ah...



After 2 days...


SungYeol hummed in his way to SungJong's place. They will be going to school together. He is excited and nervous at the same time because he never got the chance to tour the said place but he's excited for so many reasons about his friend's first day in school. He looked like a jumping kangaroo in the sides of the street. Hopping happily.


He thought that he would still go inside to wake SungJong up but was wrong. His friend is waiting for him and is sitting on the stairs.


" Hey! " SungJong greeted him.

" Is that how you greet your friends in US? " he replied with a question.

" Yes. I don't wanna talk about it. I think you're giving me a sermon about good manners again. Ugh, I hate it! " SungJong stomped his feet on the ground making the other one laugh.


" I'll not. So stop exaggerating there, SungJong. Come on! " SungYeol grabbed SungJong's arms and walked away.



SungYeol knows SungJong? 


Myungsoo just saw what happen. He's happy to see SungYeol again but not with some other guy. 


What? He's with SungJong and it's okay, man! Is my head alright? I've been weird lately...


He can see SungYeol's gummy smile from his position. Maybe 10 meters away from the two? 

Myungsoo is still thinking about how weird he is when he heard his name being shouted by one and only.... 

SungJong...

Myungsoo walk towards the place of the two.


" Hey, Myungsoo. Mind coming to school with us? Seems that we are in the same university. " SungJong suggest with his usual cheerful tone.

" Uhm, can I? " he uttered out.

" Of course, you can! " SungYeol replied with a smile. It was the first time that Sungyeol talked to him. What sorcery is happening?
SungYeol never actually dared to talk to him because of his attitude. Maybe.


Soooooo, I do like a blushing high school girl now?! Ugh! What the--- arghhhhh!!!!


Myungsoo didn't notice that the bus is already there until SungYeol grabbed his left arm. 
His eyes widened with that instant act of SungYeol. While to Sungyeol, it seems perfectly normal to grab someone's arm.
They sat on a three-seater row. SungJong beside the window, next is SungYeol then near the aisle is Myungsoo.


Myungsoo can feel his sweat slide on his cheek. He starts to feel a little bit nervous of the arrangement. Never in his life that he sat next to SungYeol.
He found himself pacing out when he saw SungYeol's hand with a hanky. He look at the latter confusingly.


" Uhm, your sweat. " the boy said to him. Giving another smile.

He fished his handkerchief inside his pocket and started to wipe his sweat.

" Is it hot in your place? You know, me and SungJong can move. SungJong's place is cold. " SungYeol suggested but he refused to.
 

If I move, then SungYeol won't be at my side anymore... Tsk tsk...I... I will be--- I probably won't have the chance to tell him about the lessons when he's absent from school. Yeah, that's the reason.


" Nah, it's okay. So, I'll let you borrow my notes since you're away from school for days. " he told SungYeol while pointing at his bag. Change topic alert!

" Thanks so much, but WooHyun let me have his notes already. I'm sorry. Maybe, to SungJong? It will be a great help for him. " SungYeol replied.


SungJong joined their conversation and after a while, the topic went to academic rankings.
" So, Myungsoo-ah, what is your rank? " SungJong asked. A lil bit desperate to know Myungsoo's ranking.

" Uhmmm... " Myungsoo can't find the right words that will not look like that he's bragging about him being the first place in their class.

" He's our top 1! " Sungyeol shouted at Sungjong. SungJong's eyes sparkled. He knew it! Myungsoo is a guy with brains. No match for SungYeol! Hahaha! Looks and brains! Daebak!


" Woah, daebak. SungYeol must be at the bottom. " SungJong said. 

" Yah, I'm the top 2! " SungYeol growled at the other.

The fought like cat and dog. Until Myungsoo decided to cut their fight...

" Believe it or not SungJong, SungYeol is our top 2. " he said.
SungJong's jaw dropped with his statement.


" What? Really? How? " SungJong can't believe. SungYeol is very far from being top 2 from what he know. SungYeol will always be the choding guy that use to be his refuge whenever he's sad.


" But Yeollie is such a choding and carefree kid. How can he be the top 2? " SungJong whined.

SungYeol just gave him I-Will-Kill-You-Later look because they are about to get off the bus. 


Okayyy, so another update! Thanks for reading!

Hope that we will all be friends!!! 

I miss WooGyu! >_____<