Why Is It So Hard?

I'm in danger

Four hours… Four hours and I still have no news from her. She could be injured, crying, living a nightmare with those men… Or dead… I stopped breathing at this idea. Impossible…Impossible. No. If she was dead, I would feel it. It happened once. One day she felt from a wall and broke her leg. I was at home at that moment and I knew I had to run to her house because something was wrong. You know sometimes you have this bad prediction that there is something not usual happening. And I was right she was on the grass of her garden unconscious and some rocks had fallen on her. I remember how much I panicked. At first I thought she was dead and screamed her name running to her but she emitted a weak noise when she heard me. She was brought to the hospital and recovered with only a broken leg and some minor injuries. I stayed with her for the whole week, comforting her. It was also the first time I met her parents. A beautiful and comprehensive couple, available for their only daughter. Not like mine. They immediately accepted me and never asked any private questions about our relationship, although they understood I was more than her best friend. They became my new parents. They welcomed me any time in their house and never judged us.

So no, she can’t be hurt badly. I cannot resign myself to think that. Her parents trust me blindly, her friends too. She needs me as much as I need her. But where can I start when I have absolutely no clue? Shall I call the police? I do not think it is a good idea as I have no information to give them. Her family? They are in a trip far away and I do not want to worry them. Only if I have too much problems. But why is it so hard to protect the one you love?

Suddenly my phone rang and her number appeared on the screen.