Changing Plans

I'm in danger

-Wake up sleepy head!

An aggressive voice shouted taking me back to reality completely. I lazily sat up and purposely took all the time I could to rub my eyes. He saw what I did and got even angrier.

-Do not play with me okay. I changed my plans, you will not spend more times here. Now get up, we are moving.

For what I did not know is that he committed a grave error. He thought calling my boyfriend with my phone would be safer but his first subordinate told him that it changes nothing, police can still localize the phone wherever it is (containing himself to tell him that he was very dumb to commit such a stupid mistake, he wanted to remain alive after all). So Taekhwo decided to bring me far away from this place to avoid any troubles.

Without asking any questions I slyly stood up, brushed my jeans and my white vaporous blouse and tucked a rebellious chunk of hair behind my ear, doing all of this while keeping an eye at his expression. It was easy to notice that he was very nervous. Something was not happening like he planned. The second I realized that if something was upsetting him it was certainly good for me I decided to do all I could to make everything even more difficult for him. Starting by losing time.

But he decided to stop acting nice and finally revealed the real him, this cruel man that treats the others like bugs. He snatched the keys off of his subordinate’s hand and furiously opened the gate. He nearly threw it aside. My brain sent me an alarm and I didn’t control the two steps I made backward. Oops, maybe I got a little bit too confident. My eyes widened in horror as he walked to me and before I could realize it he smashed me with all his force. In an instant a taste of blood was spilling from my inner cheek and the violence of the blow threw me on the rock of the floor. And to complete the nightmare the pain of my injury on my head came back, blocking all my thoughts. He left me crying on the floor, went to the ends of each chains and unlocked them.

-You will not play with my nerves anymore! I told you before you are nothing to me less than a miserable victim so please don't gain too much confidence! 

He shouted grabbing the two ends of the chains and pulling me out of the jail. I stood on my feet as good as I could and stumbled forward, trying to follow Taekhwo while trying to minimize the pain on my wrists.

We walked into an underground parking lot where he shoved me on the middle seat in the back of a black car. He quickly ordered his two handymen to sit at my sides and they executed the order without a word. I was now trapped in a car with smoked windows not knowing where we would go, totally lost. I had no time notion anymore. Teakhwo sat at the conductor seat and turned the engine on. As the car got out into the dark night I tried to hold back my tears that was blurring my vision to focus on the road but I could not see anything. Stress, fear and tiredness were the only thing I could feel right now. It has become difficult to breathe with this tight knot blocking my throat and it increased my stress. We were rolling for some minutes when I heard a whisper in my left ear:

-Everything will be okay please don't cry anymore.

At first I thought it was just me but I turned my face and I saw the man at my left side looking at me. It was the principal guard of the chief, the one who followed him since the beginning. With his young facial features he was disconcerting me. How could such a calm teenager take part of such a cruel organisation? He did not move when I gave him a puzzled look so I was about to speak but he shook his head very slowly, advising me not to say a word. He then turned back to face the seat and did not move again. I was very intricate by what happened. Did I just dream? Maybe I thought I saw things but I can be wrong in the dark.

A moment after he looked discreetly at the man on my right but he was too concentrated to look to his front and not move to notice. I left a note to myself: the more muscled and imposing a guard is the dumbest and clueless he is. A very few light appeared to my left as the guy lit up his phone on his lap. He was covering most of the light with his hand and with the other he typed something. He then turned it towards me and I read on the note he wrote:

"Forgive me for everything. I know it is hard but you can trust me. I am Taekhwo's little brother Kyung and although I look very teenage like I am actually 22. Which is very useful for my brother when he needs a young innocent person. But I never wanted that. I am forced to follow him as we don't have parents anymore. I will do everything to free you. I already took your friend's phone number and sent him the place where we are going with everything he needs to know. Rely on me if you trust me enough, I will not deceive you. But I ask for one favour in return: make sure my brother and his awful gang is dismissed and locked for the rest of their lives. I am at your side."

While I read his words I felt a warm wave of gratitude flooding my heart. Finally I had a tiny chance to escape. And all of this thanks to a young brother ill-treated who takes incommensurable risks for me. I looked at him trying to thank him but he had already reported his look to the front. Only a little smile was illuminating his eyes. Very discreetly I placed my hand on his lap to thank him. He looked at his phone back, erased his words as if nothing happened and put it back in his pocket for the rest of the ride.

After what seemed like a century driving in this dark night we enventually stopped. The door on my left flow open, Kyung jumped on the floor without giving me a glance and slammed the door shut. Him and his brother talked for a moment but I could only hear mumbles. I was frantically taping my foot because of stress and the presence of the big man at my right was making everything worse.

Taekwho opened the door and motionned me to get out of the car. The guard followed in my back. I squinted my eyes to scan my surroundings in the night and felt a jolt of surprise. We were on the basketball field next to my boyfriend's flat. We would often come here with his friends or just us two to spend hours playing until we were exhausted. We had such great laughs here. But everything seemed different this night. It was very dark, silent, frozen.