You Didn't Call

Hidden Lust - Rewriting
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

My eyes were wide and my jaw slightly slacked, my heart pumping as fast as it ever had. Kim Taeyeon was standing in front of me, tears streaming down her face as she studied my frail and gaunt body with the slightest frown before looking back up to my eyes.


"Tiffany" That voice....the voice that haunted me for months, the voice I heard in my dreams as I screamed for her to come back.


I opened my mouth to speak but nothing came out, it was useless. 


"I don't know what to say" she admitted, her voice breaking. My tears finally fell as I actually realised she was here with me, it wasn't a dream.


I couldn't think of anything to do except to grab the DVD from under her hand, scan it, grab the money she had left on the counter, put the movie in a bag and place it on the counter before disappearing inside the employee's room.

I stayed in there for close to half an hour, my back against the door until I heard the bell signalling she had left. I kicked myself for doing that but what else could I do? I couldn't speak to her and I wasn't going to stand there all night just staring at her.

I sighed as I walked back out only to see a pissed customer waiting at the counter with a stack of DVD's. "Sorry" I mumbled before realising if the bell was from another customer coming in.... I scanned the room and saw her waiting to the side of the counter, looking right at me. I groaned inwardly and soon, it was just me and her again. Before I could disappear back into the room though...


"Tiffany" just her speaking killed me inside while simultaneously sending shivers throughout my body. I turned to face her and she approached the counter again. "When do you get off your shift?" She asked tentatively. I looked at the clock on the wall and saw it showed 9:15pm.

"9:30" I answered unwillingly. She smiled at the sound of my voice and then I saw her glance at the clock.

"Can I take you out for a coffee?" She asked, playing with her fingers nervously.

"I...I don't know" I replied, effectively wiping the small smile off her face.

"Oh. I just thought we could talk...."

"Talk?" I asked, my anger that had been kept deep inside since my episode all those months ago finally rearing it's ugly head. "Sure let's talk"


She winced at my tone.


"Let's talk about how you left me without telling me where you were. Let's talk about how you sent me that text and then deleted your number. Let's talk about how your house was put up for sale three days after you disappeared off the side of the ing planet. Go ahead. Talk!"

"I was arrested Tiffany" she sighed.

"So you deleted your number before telling me what prison you were going to? They let you make calls Taeyeon, you could have called me to at least let me know you were ing okay! I could have ing visited

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter