CHAPTER 2: IS IT A GOOD NEWS OR A BAD NEWS?

My Twelve B12others!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 MIYUN

 

11:25 AM. Read the clock hanging in front, whose ticking and the wheezing of the air conditioner are the only sound that can be heard in the four corners of their expensive classroom. Five minutes till lunch. Miyun is already done answering her seat work and just staring out the window.

 

She can see their school yard from where she is seated. There is a soccer field at the left side and a baseball field on the right. There is also a track field around. Some of the soccer players are having a small game. She can see one of her Brother, Luhan, there running and having fun. She smiled at the idea of her brother tripping and have his perfect face on the ground. That would be really funny. She thought smiling.

 

"I heard there's a mean lasagna in the menu today" Baro whispered to the two of them.

 

"Really?  Now I'm hungry." Lianne said in a hushed tone rubbing her flat stomach.

 

"Just two minutes more before the bell rings." Miyun said looking at the clock. And exactly two minutes after the School Bell rang.

 

"OK class, Pass your papers forward. The assignment is on page 243 of your book, numbers 3-5." Mrs. Jung their Math teacher said collecting their papers. She is now on the 4th row where Miyun is.

 

Groans are heard throughout the class as they pack their bags for lunch.

 

"Write it on a 1 whole intermediate paper to be passed tomorrow before I start my lecture on Pythagorean theorems." She is now in front of Miyun.

 

Mrs. Jung doesn't look old like her age. Maybe because of by the way she is dressed but the wrinkles forming on her forehead gives her age away.

 

"And you Ms. Miyun" She took Miyun's paper. "Mr. Yoo would like to see you in the Teachers office now."

 

"Why?" Miyun asked.

 

"Oh I don't know but better get going there. Ill see you guys tomorrow and Baro" she motioned to Baro who is fixing his stuff. "do your homework this time. Class dismiss."

 

Chatters again fills their classroom as the other students headed their way to their Grand Cafeteria. Its called The Grand Cafeteria because all middle school, high school and College students of Empire High goes there for lunch. There is a strict rule at Empire High of not going out of the School premises if classes were not over for the day.

 

"Let's go? " Lianne asked.

 

"I need to go to the teachers office first. You guys go ahead. I'll catch up with you guys later." Miyun said as she wears her backpack.

 

"You mean.. just the two of us? " Baro said glancing at Lianne who is busy fixing her bag. "Cant we just go with you? " He then said with a hint of begging in his eyes.

 

" Lets just go to the cafeteria. I'm hungry already and we better get a table first." Lianne then grabbed her bag and Baro's arm on to the door. "We'll see you there Miyun!"

 

"You don't have to drag me!" She can hear Baro complaining.

 

Those two I cant believe they've been friends for so long.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter