CHAPTER 1: EMPIRE HIGH

My Twelve B12others!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

MIYUN

 

10 PERCENT of the country's population is composed of the elites and the leaders of the society and where do you think most of this people graduated from? 

 

Of course, at the one and only prestigious Empire high.

 

From kindergarten, elementary, middle school, high school and up to College, Empire High  is giving outstanding quality education. Empire high have up to the top teachers, professional staffs and its amazing facilities that other schools could never compare.

 

Empire High has everything you need. If you're thinking that those teen rich kid dramas were getting overboard with their school setting, well, they don't. They are quite correct except for the fact  that Empire High's facilities is much more extravagant.

 

Only if only... The students understand how fortunate they are and if they actually use their  over-the-top facilities for learning just like what our protagonist is currently doing.

 

The school library is like the 13th Kim's second home. The smell of books and the room's silence makes her feel like she's in a whole new different world. Plus it's a place none of the other students go to. Just like today, she is the only one here aside from the school librarian, Ms. Wong― a mean looking old lady, wearing old fashioned reading glasses, nose buried in today's copy of Daily Korea.

 

Ms. Wong is an English professor nearing retirement age but she still wants to work despite of her already emaciate body, so instead, she is assigned here in the school library for almost 3 years. Ms. Wong is not strict as most students would say, she is just annoyed at students nowadays―technology dependant, obnoxious, arrogant and self-centered―and having been living on her own with just her beloved felines makes her very grouchy indeed. But there's one person that she isn't mad at and that is the ever so silent Kim Miyun.

 

"Miyun-ssi" Ms. Wong called still  nose buried in her newspaper.

 

On the other hand, Miyun who is busy stacking books about 'fun ways to identify what kind of parasite is living on parts of your body that it should not even existed in the first place, is very much happy that the old librarian called for her.

 

"Miyun-sii, after stacking those, there are still books in aisle 5 in need of organizing" she continued glancing now at Miyun who is looking at her watch at aisle two. 7:45 a.m. her glowing digital clock reads.

 

"Ms. Wong, it’s already quarter to Eight and I have my class." Miyun says as she puts the last book she's holding at the shelf.

 

MiYun is finally done at stacking books on the shelves in aisle 2 and went for aisle 5, for that is her job as a library assistant. Well, she's the only library assistant here in Empire High.

 

She didn't need the job at all but she likes books and the library is her favorite place in this institution and being able to help Ms. Wong in putting books back in their respective shelves is an addition. The main reason for it too is because none of those snobby rich kids goes to this in of places.

 

Done. After arranging the books she walks up to the Ms. Wong who has her nose on the latest newspaper frowning at something she's reading. MiYun proceeds to fill her name at the attendance book on the table, bids the old lady goodbye and proceed to go to her class.

 

Walking out the library doors, from pure serenity of the library Miyun was hit with sudden noise of chatters and yells of students in the school's hallway. Sounds of heels against the floor makes Miyun cringe her nose. She never really liked the sound of heels. For her its like the sound of a new chalk against the blackboard. Yeah it is not good.

 

She began walking her way to her locker to get her book for her first period, English.

 

5-2-4-6. she punched her code in the machine. It gave a small beep and her locker door swayed open.

 

The school locker just like all the other things in Empire high is not like any ordinary locker. It has a small hanger area for a change of clothes in one corner, a small compartment―in which Miyun puts her rubber shoes in P.E., two small drawers for things you usually need like pens& notebooks but for other girls they make it their own little vanity drawer with all their make-up kit and girly stuff Miyun never been fond of. And a small book shelf at the top.

 

"So, where have you been?” Lianne Adriana Lee, her friend, her bestfriend asks. She was opening her locker beside Miyun.

 

You wouldn't actually really know who your friends really are in this school. For some of them just hangs out with each other but they never consider themselves real friends. Unlike Miyun and Lianne here are.

 

"Library." Miyun said shrugging.

 

"You know that's not what I meant." Lianne said closing her locker beside Miyun. "You were like gone for three days. Mrs. Song kept on asking me what happened to you and not to mention how I ended up partnered with Yunhee in P.E. because you were absent. She was like screaming at the shuttlecock every time it got near her. She nearly broke my eardrums Thank you very much."

 

Miyun just stared at her friend who is now leaning in her locker arms crossed and eyebrow raised at her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter