Not a bother.

Nine Witches

 

Seunghyun gritted his teeth and tried to smile, he tapped his foot against the carpet. His friend sitting in a chair next to him was shaking, he could see the pained look on his face, his friend was on the verge of tears. It wasn’t that Seunghyun couldn’t take down the guy across from him, he knew he could, he could take care of his ridiculous amount of bodyguards too. It was the fact that if he did anything to that man he could say good bye to a good friend of his for good and he didn’t want that. The man next to him was fiercely fighting back the urge to cry, Seunghyun patted him on the back and tried to smile at him when he looked up at him. He turned his attention to the man across from him again, he nodded “I’ll do it.” The man simply smirked and got up. 
 
Seunghyun waited till he could hear the metal of his shoes tapping on the tiles floors outside. He looked at his friend, the man’s eyes were red, although he was dressed in an equally nice suit he was disheveled and unkempt. He looked at Seunghyun nervously, “Th-they have her.” He said, his voice shaking. “What am I going to do?” Seunghyun responded, “Don’t worry. I’ll do everything it takes to get her back.” His friend’s eyes widened “Top you don-” Seunghyun cut him off, “Daesung, i’ll make sure Dara is returned, alive, in one piece. Even if I die. Don’t worry about me.” He smiled reassuringly, “My life isn’t that important anyways.” Daesung looked at him, “Please. Don’t talk like that, you’re reminding me of the others.” 
 
Seohyun smiled, she had just talked to Taeyeon on the phone. She laughed a bit to herself as she thought about the older girl acting like a love struck teen. ‘I want to meet this Leeteuk guy, he sounds nice.’ she thought as she went back to her studying. It was a nice day out so she was outside on the stone steps of her house, stacks of books by her side. She was determined to be the top student, not just to get revenge on CL but also because it was expected of her. She glanced to her left and saw her mother pulling back a curtain, ‘She really doesn’t trust me...’ she let out a small sigh and continued reading. She had succeeded in making a small elephant out of paper, she was watching it walk around, stumbling over her mounds of school work, she let out a laugh. 
 
“What are you laughing out?” Someone said behind her she quickly dropped a book on top of her elephant and turned around. She was surprised at who she saw in front of her. 
“Seungho... what are you doing here?” she asked barely audible. He smiled, “I live next door remember? Or have you already forgotten me since you transferred to that girls school?”  She shook her head, she remembered he lived next door, how could she not? he was the only guy she had even thought about liking. They hardly knew each other; both their parents frowned upon fraternizing with the opposite , at least until after college. However the couple times they had talked, they had gotten along well and had found they had a lot in common, but he had things in common with almost everyone. 
Seungho was well liked at school, by both girls and boys. He could talk to anyone and everyone, he was always laughing and smiling. He was manly, on the soccer team, he could fix computers in the blink of an eye, he could dance really well, classical and hip-hop.  He was also great at school, he was the only one able to score higher than Seohyun, he was kind too, he opened doors for girls and helped old ladies with their groceries. He was everything, he could even knit. 
“Of course I remember you, I was just wondering why you were here....” 
“Bothering you?”
“No!” She shouted, he looked at her a bit surprised. 
“You’re not bothering me...I was taking a break anyways...” She lied giving him a small smile.
He smiled back, “I just finished about three hours of organic biology, I was helping Joon, I don’t know what he was thinking when he decided to take that class.” He said as he sat next to her. She could feel her hear rate going up, she hoped with all her might that she wasn’t turning red. “What’s this?” She heard him ask, “Whats what?” She looked over as he held in his palm the tiny elephant she had made. “Ah. Th-that...” She wasn’t sure what to say, she looked blankly at the elephant, walking around Seungho’s hand. What could she say? 
“How did you achieve this?” Seungho asked, his mouth open, staring in amazement at the creature. She was about to explain herself when her mother appeared, “Joohyun.” She said, putting on a smile, “I think you should study inside, all that sunlight is bad for your skin.” Seohyun looked down at her feet and nodded, she quickly grabbed the elephant from Seungho, she whispered to him, “I’ll explain later, okay?” He nodded back. Her mother turned to Seungho, “It’s so nice to see you again, Seungho. You’ve grown a lot since I last saw you! I’m sorry to break the two of you up but Joohyun needs to study maybe you can come back some other day.” He nodded at her and made a small bow, “Sure...” 
 
“Mom, you didn’t have to slam the door on him.” Seohyun said as she placed her books on her desk, her elephant had been reduced to a mere bookmark now. 
“I did no such thing. Now, study.” Her mother replied briskly as she closed the door on Seohyun. She slumped in her chair and kicked her desk. She rarely got mad ever but this was an exception. She let out a huge sigh. ‘I don’t want to study...I want to talk to him...’ She was about to flip mindlessly through a textbook when she heard a tap at her window. She peered thorugh her blinds, “Seungho?” She whispered. She opened her window and let him in, “Be quiet, if my parent’s find you here I don’t think anyone will ever see us again.” “I’ll make sure to be as silent as possible.” He said giving her another smile, she could feel the blood rushing to her cheeks again. “Now.” He said looking her straight in the eyes, “How’d you make that elephant?” She bit her lip, “It’s a long story...but i’ll tell you.” 
She spent the next hour explaining everything to him, from her freak out and denial to CL and the others. She wasn’t sure why she was spilling everything to him, but she was, towards the end she started to cry a bit as she recalled the one girls actions. She expected him to leave after she showed him how she could turn stone into jade with a snap of her fingers or show she made her elephant but he didn’t instead he just smiled at her and listened, he wasn’t freaked out at all. She waited for him to challenge her, to say she was crazy. Instead he asked to see her books and when she cried he told her that it didn’t mean anything, that she was a great person and he was sure she would be a even better witch. 
“Wow.” He said as she showed him the paper elephant she had made, 
“For you.” she said placing it in his hand, he thanked her and she turned a bit pink. She was going to explain to him the different kind of witches there were but there was a knock at her door, it was her dad. “Joohyun it’s almost time for dinner” 
 
“Okay dad!” She said back to him through the door, she looked at Seungho and apologized, “Sorry I guess you’ll have to leave.” 
“It’s okay, I should probably go back to my house to study anyways.” He was about to leave through the window when he took a step back and handed her something, “My phone number, I don’t know if you have a phone or not- but if you want to talk ever, you can talk to me.” She nodded back, unsure how to respond but half wishing he would leave soon so that he wouldn’t see her turn beet red. After he left Seohyun made sure to put his phone number somewhere safe, in one of her school books. She giggled a bit, ‘I should tell Taeyeon and the others after dinner’ she thought as she walked to the dining room for dinner. 
 
[A/N Yay Chapter 8~ Chapter 9 is almost done too~]