I like you, maybe.

Nine Witches

 

 

Taeyeon stared out the window during her break, she had fifteen minutes to look at the cute bookstore guy before she had to go back to serving people coffee. Her friend and co-worker Seunghyun sat across from her, drinking his coffee, black.
“If you stare to much he’ll notice.” he said,

She tried to defend herself, “I’m not staring!” she whispered not wanting to disturb the couple of customers they had. He raised an eyebrow, she knew the gig was up,

“I know I shouldn’t stare.....” he cheeks got a little red. Seunghyun chuckled, “Why don’t you just talk to him or something? He comes for coffee in the morning sometimes.” She started to fiddle with the sugar packets, “bu-but....”
She heard someone slide into the seat next to her, it was one of her other co-workers, Key.
“You need to make a move~ If you don’t it’ll be too late~” He wagged his finger at her, she frowned back at him,

“Like you’re doing such a great job making Hyoyeon fall for you!”

Key looked at her shocked and the crossed his arms, “It’d be easier if she wasn’t head over heels for that soccer guy she’s been friends with for years, Doojoon...” He kicked Seunghyun.
“Ow! Why’d you kick me?” he glared,
“Because I don’t kick girls, it’s one of my rules.” He changed the subject back to Taeyeon ignoring the other guy,
“If you need any help, I'm here.” He smiled.

“Yeah...” Taeyeon said glancing back over to the bookshop guy, he was so cute the way he smiled, showing his dimples and his dyed blond hair looked so good on him. He was wearing a beanie today, normally Taeyeon didn’t like that kind of style on guys but on him it was amazing looking. He seemed really nice too, the couple of times he had come in he’d helped an old lady get to her car and he always held the door open for others. Now he was wrapping books for someone she rested her chin on her hand, if only she had the courage to at least talk to him but a guy like that must already have a girlfriend. She realized, halfway into her daydream that he was staring back, she panicked a bit and without even thinking she waved, ‘why am I so awkward?’ she thought but then, he waved back and smiled at her before going back to work. She felt her heart skip a beat, she wanted to scream but she didn’t instead she looked at the clock and went back to work, shaking a bit. Key smirked at her, “Taeyeon. You’re drooling.”


Tiffany took in a fresh breathe of air, it was nice sometimes to not have to do anything. She had finished her homework and had a whole afternoon of wasting time around town. She wanted especially to get something nice for Seohyun who was still a bit shaken from her encounter with the four girls. She wondered if she should just make something or if buying something was better. She thought that it might be best to go looking for a new cookbook, she didn’t have many so it was a nice excuse to look for one and brush up on her skills. Tiffany walked into the bookstore across from where Taeyeon worked, afterwards she might as well say hi to her and her co-workers. On her way to the Cooking/Baking section she saw a familiar face, “Siwon!” she said walking up to him. He turned around and smiled at her giving her a big hug.

“I haven’t seen you in ages!” he exclaimed.
She agreed, “Not since the Christmas after last? almost a two years ago...”
“Yeah, how have you been?”

Tiffany thought for a while, Siwon’s family was well known in the magical world but he and his siblings had been sheltered from it for their entire lives, their parents wanted them to go out and get normal jobs and have quote-on-quote normal lives. Siwon was a perfect example too, he was now a business man and had apparently done well for himself. Tiffany’s mother always remarked about how the two should get married. She had never really entertained that idea though, he was like a brother but now- she looked up at him. He had always been good looking but slightly...dorky and nerdy, now he had grown into his handsomeness.

“Good, I got into a good school with my friends and i’ve mainly been studying” she laughed a bit awkwardly, “Other than that not much. What about you?”
The way he looked into her eyes, ‘had his stare always been this intense? It had only been two years, are guys supposed to grow this much in such a short time?’
“I’m afraid I haven’t really been doing anything too exciting either, just work really.” He glanced at his watched, “Actually....I really should get going but” He handed her a business card.
“I would really love to catch up, would you want to go out for dinner sometime?” He asked.
Tiffany nodded her head, “I would love that too...” He waved good bye and then walked out of the bookshop. Tiffany quickly ran into the girls restroom to make sure she hadn’t turned into a beet. ‘Aish, was he always that good looking?’ she looked at herself in the mirror, ‘Maybe I need to get my eyes checked?’

“You can do this!”
“If you don’t then you’ll have to settle for twelve cats and a cottage home in the country.”
“Why are you even here?”
“Moral support.”
“Tae, ignore Key, just go up to him and ask him out for coffee, something simple.”
Taeyeon was standing outside the shop with Seunghyun and Key, it was cold and her heart was beating as fast as her teeth were chattering.
“O-okay, I can do this!” She said, Seunghyun smiled at her gave her an ‘ok’ sign which she returned, Key just looked at both of them like they were crazy.
The minute Taeyeon was inside the bookshop Key kicked Seunghyun, “What was that for?” Seunghyun shouted. “You love her, so why are you helping her get another man?...” He asked looking down. “I love her, I know i’m no good for her, so i’m letting her be happy so I can feel better.”
“Do you?” Key looked up at him, the older boy was looking at the stars rather pitifully, if it weren’t for the fact that Key hated Seunghyun with a passion he would have felt pity for the man. Seunghyun was about to answer him when his phone ring,
“Hello?”
“Yeah, i’m free.”
“Sure i’ll be there soon.”
He turned to look at Key, “I’m fine, you gotta stop acting so prickly when really you just care too much.” He smiled at Key then ruffled his hair before he quickly ran away.
“You bastard!!” Key shouted at him, shaking his fist,
“I’m so putting salt in your espresso tomorrow!”
He heard a door open and looked to see Taeyeon come skipping out of the bookstore, all smiles.
“Where is Seunghyun?” She asked him,
Key smirked, “Probably on his way to a club, Mr. T.O.P is getting popular. Anyways, did you set up a date? did you get his number~?” He asked smiling at her. She smiled back, “Yeah! Tomorrow were going to have coffee in the morning!”
“I’ll make sure to reserve a special set in the back then~” Key .

Tiffany hugged her pillow, her face was still hot, maybe she was running a fever? she reached for her phone and quickly dialed up Taeyeon.
“Tiffany? Whats wrong it’s two in the morning!”
“Ah, sorry... I just....couldn’t sleep....”
“Should I come over?....”
“No. It’s okay... I... do you remember Siwon?...”
“Oh yeah! That dorky guy?... the one your mom always wanted to hook up with?”
“Yeah. I ran into him a while ago at that bookstore across from the coffee shop- the one were you work....he’s....not bad looking now?”
“So he’s hot now?”
Tiffany laughed a bit, “Yeah.” She played with the ribbons on her nightgown.
“Wai- you don’t like him now?”
“I don’t know! I was caught off guard!” She covered her face with her hands,
“He wasn’t bad looking then, but now he’s.... better? I’m not sure how to say it Taeyeon i’m so confused.”
“Well... get some sleep, if he asks you out say yes.”
Tiffany nodded her head, “Mmhm! okay! oh- did you finally ask that guy out?”
“I’ll tell you tomorrow okay? get some sleep!”
“Good night Taeyeon.”
“Good night Tiffany.”

{a/n apparently I wrote this a while ago but I forgot that I had.... =_= chapter 8/9 will be up this week for sure! not much magical involvment next chapters should make up for that.}