I Don't Buy It,

Nine Witches

 

 
Taeyeon stared at the wall, Jessica was to her left on the floor reading gossip magazines while Sunny and Tiffany were discussing what color to paint their nails next.
“So they’re witches too....” She sighed, the headmistress had told them that their friends had powers like theirs, the others took to it more easily than she had thought.
“Now we can go to school with them right?” Tiffany had asked her on the way to her house, Taeyeon nodded it would be nice to go to school with all of them again she laughed thinking about all the trouble Sooyoung and Hyoyeon were very likely to get themselves in. However there was also a bit of disappointment in herself too, “You had no way of knowing they were witches” Tiffany assured her, Jessica added in “I mean not even the headmistress knew till this morning and she’s considered one of the best witches of her time.” Taeyeon smiled a bit and agreed with them.

She thought back on when she first discovered her powers, she was scared even though she had seen magic all around her since she was little, it still frightened her at the age of ten when she was playing with Jessica and Tiffany and suddenly flew into the air. She remembered that Tiffany had run crying to her father, she nearly crashed into a tree before Tiffany’s father brought her back safely to the ground.

She remembered when Jessica had her first kiss and froze the boy into a solid block of ice, the look of pure horror on her face when it was revealed there was nothing they could do to save him, he would be ice forever. She could still fell Jessica’s tears hitting her face as they wiped his parent's memory.

She remembered holding Sunny’s hand right before she fell into a hole that appeared out of nowhere when there families where on vacation, how Sunny sprung from the earth riding a wave of vines laughing and making morning glories spring from her finger tips.

How unhappy and disappointed Tiffany was in herself when she was the last of the four to get powers, how she cried herself to sleep a lot and how those tears turned to streams and rivers one night when she had stayed over at Taeyeon's, flooding her house.

Most of all though, Taeyeon wouldn’t forget the first time she met the five younger girls and how much the four of them had change. Seohyun was the smartest girl she had ever met, she was much calmer and more mature than she was at her age, she couldn’t help but feel like a proud mother looking at her. Hyoyeon was a force to be reckon with Sooyoung the two of them together were an unstoppable and had brought many laughs to her face. Yuri would sometimes get a little mad but it couldn’t be helped since out of all of them she probably cared too much, it showed on her face a lot. Yoona was in Taeyeon’s mind was like a ray of light, she lit up any room with her smile, it was no question that she was popular but Taeyeon often wondered if she got to be herself most of the time, it must be trying when everyone has an idea of what you should be like all the time.

“Taeyeon~ Taeyeon~” She heard someone call out, she looked up, Sunny was dangling a bottle of hot pink nail polish over her head,
“Let me paint your nails!”
Taeyeon looked up at her and smiled,
“Sure but can you paint them that blue color? I like that more.”

                        Speciality Powers and The Color Coding System.
What color you are is based off of what your special power is, all witches, wizards and sorcerers have a special power. The most common are the elemental powers, Earth, Fire, Water and Air, less common are the Hybrid powers that have started appearing more often these include, Alchemist (Water and Earth), Ice (Air and Water) and Weather (Fire and Water). The most rare magic are the Pure powers, Light and Dark, it is very uncommon to have a speciality power be one or the other as out of all the powers they are the hardest to control.
The color coding system is as follows (Note; this is subject to change as more and more Hybrid powers are being discovered.)
Air- Periwinkle.
Water- Navy.
Earth- Forest Green.
Fire- Bright Red.
Weather- Violet. (Although some feel Indigo is a better color representation.)
Alchemist- Butter Cup Yellow.
Ice- Light Blue. (Or clear.)
Light- Gold.
Dark- Silver.

“Hey, Sooyoung.”
“What, Hyo?”
“Is this skirt more indigo or violet?”
“How would I know?”
Both girls had spent the past hour reading the books that they had been given,
“Argh! my head hurts!” Sooyoung shouted throwing her book to the ground.
“So i’m fire huh?” she looked at her skirt.
“It’s actually pretty cute~”
“Hey, Soo.”
“Yeah?”
“Do you think Luna has powers too?”
“I don’t kno- should I wear these socks tomorrow or these?”
“....”
“Hey, Hyo.”
“Hmmm?”
“Don’t worry about it. You’re gonna turn into your brother.”
Hyoyeon laughed at that idea. She turned to face her friend,
“Yeah.”
“I wonder about my brothers too, actually I wonder who I got my powers from. Wish I could ask my parents....”
“I wonder too....maybe I should ask bro....but if he doesn’t know anything I don’t want him to worry and I don’t want Luna finding out either....”
Sooyoung rested her head on Hyoyeon’s shoulder,
“It’ll be okay! Plus think of all the major pranks we can pull!”


Yuri was exhausted, she thanked the guy for the ride then quickly went up to her house, she knocked timidly at first. She heard nothing, she fiddle around and looked for her keys. She carefully opened the door, it was late she didn’t want to disturb her parents or her grandmother. She tiptoed through the hallway, taking off her shoes and hanging her jacket up. She tried to quietly walk past her asleep grandmother, she was unsuccessful.
“Yuri?”
“Oh! Grandma! I’m sorry for waking you, you can go back to sleep i’m just passing by.”
“You know, I wanted, wished that you would end up like your father, completely normal. I was so relieved when he showed no signs of having any magical gift what so ever.”
Yuri stared at her grandmother, she could hardly believe what she was hearing,
“But, I’m actually kind of happy that you have the gift.” She looked up at her grandchild.
“I know you will be an amazing witch.”
“Thanks Grandma, I love you.”
“I love you too.”
Yuri squeezed her grandmother’s hand before going up stairs to her room.

Yoona admired her uniform, she had never worn one before but she had always wanted too. She looked at herself in the mirror,
‘I wonder what Kibum oppa would think?’ she thought.
‘Aish~ I shouldn’t be thinking things like that~’
She went back to fiddling with her skirt unaware that her younger sister, Amber was spying on her.
‘I don’t buy it. Who would buy your lame excuse?’ she thought,
‘You bolt out the door only to come back having got a drive by some weird guy and now suddenly you’re getting admitted early into that girls academy. I don’t get it! I don’t get it at all! nothing makes sense! Not what happened this afternoon, not what happened earlier!’
She walked away and picked up her cell phone,
“Yo. Krystal.”
“Yeah, yeah. Anyways can you call up the others I need help.”  

 

[A/N: I was hoping to make Taeyeon's/Tiffany's/Jessica's/Sunny's flashback about how they got their powers longer but I decided against it since I wanted to go back to it later ^_^. Also I have a new fic called 'Like A Fairytale.' the character info is up and the first chapter i'm hoping will be up by the end of next week.... I wonder what Amber is up to?]