Not Magical

Nine Witches

 

 

It was a bit weird to explain but although Hyoyeon was a senior she still felt green, she sat there on the school grounds laying in the grass looking at the sky. It was like there she was only getting half of what she felt like she should be getting. She wasn’t one for studying or getting homework turned in on time but that wasn’t what was wrong she thought, there was something else out there. She wasn’t particularly interested in what school had to offer. There was something out there though she could feel it, there had to be. She didn’t know what it was but she had this feeling that soon she would, it was just a feeling that she had. She heard footsteps,

“Mind if I sit next to you?” a sweet and shy voice asked.
“How long have we been friends? You should already know the answer Seohyun!” she said smiling back at the other girl.
Seohyun timidly sat next to the older girl, she had a large stack of leather bound books of which she picked one and then started to read from it.
“That’s a really big stack of books!” Hyoyeon remarked.
“Yeah.... I just want to make sure I don’t fall behind....”
“I’m sure you could teach the entire class if you wanted.”
“I-I don’t know about that.... but thank you.”
“HEY!” both girls jumped,
“Sooyoung unnie.....” Seohyun said grasping her chest in shock.
“Oh. Sorry Seo! did I scare you?”
The younger girl nodded, the older girl apologized.
Sooyoung sat down next to the other girls, and quickly rummaged through her backpack,
“Where is my phone~ my phone~ Found it!”
She frowned,
“What is it?” Hyoyeon asked,
“Yuri and Yoona are apparently at school but...” She looked around,
“I don’t see them.”
Hyoyeon got up and looked around also, she heard foot steps behind her,
“Ah! Yuri, Yoona!”
“Yo!” a girl with red-ish dark brown shoulder length hair said waving,
“We had a make up test in Environmental.” The girl next to her explained, she tossed her long black and wavy hair out of her face,
“For a blow off class it was surprisingly hard!”


While Yuri sat next to Sooyoung, Yoona sat next to Seohyun and tried to quietly pick a book from the middle of the stack without the other noticing. She took one look in the book flipped a couple pages then gave up trying to read it and put back at the top of the stack.
They all remained like that with Hyoyeon, Yuri and Sooyoung discussing their cute English teacher’s assistant while Yoona attempted to read Seohyun’s books when the other girl wasn’t looking. It was a typical normal morning, the only thing that was missing were the older girls who had now graduated and gone off to college.
“How are Taeyeon, Jessica, Sunny and Tiffany doing?” Yuri asked,
“I saw Taeyeon at the store the other day, she was with Tiffany they’re roommates so they were shopping for food.” Yoona explained.
“They’re all going to that girls college right?” Hyoyeon asked.
The others nodded,
“It’s the best girls college in the whole country, only the best go.”
Sooyoung elbowed Hyoyeon, “So there is no way were going to get in, huh?” She winked.
“That’s not true!” Seohyun shouted.
“You can get in with an athletics scholarship or an arts scholarship.”
“You really want all of us to go to the same college don’t you?” Yuri patted Seohyun’s head.
“Well... yeah.... I don’t want us all to be separated.....”
“An athletics scholarship, eh?” Hyoyeon thought,
“I think we could try, I mean we could get in for dancing, maybe.”
Seohyun responded, “They have a really great dance school!”
Sooyoung stretched, “We’ll give it a try! We’ll give it a try!”
The youngest girl smiled in gratitude, “I know you two can do it!”
“Ugh~ that just means the three of us have to study hard!” Yuri complained jokingly,
“We have some of the best grades in our school, I don’t think it’s that much of stretch.” Yoona said matter-of-factly.
“Yeah, you’re right.” the other girl agreed.
They had just gotten into discussing the Calculus homework when the bell rang and they all hurried of to their first class.



Seohyun sighed, health wasn’t exactly a class she was excited about, but she had to take it since it was her last required class. However so far they hadn’t learned anything at all only watched bad movies that made her want to fall asleep. So instead she doodled on a piece of blank paper, she wasn’t sure why but she really wanted to draw a circle, and then another larger circle around it. She started to draw other little things around the two circles and inside the circles also. She wasn’t sure why she wanted to draw a circle she just wanted to. After she took a look at her artwork. It looked kinda strange, like those diagrams that sorcerers in books draw when they want to summon things. She laughed, wouldn’t it be funny if a flower or something popped out from paper?  

All of a sudden the paper started to tear and fold, a petal appeared, then another and another. Seohyun stared at her paper a flower had grown from the page, an actually flower. She poked it and instantly it turned to regular, blank notebook paper. Her eyes widened ‘What just happened?’ she questioned her eyes.


“Seo Joo-Hyun?”
She turned her head,
“yes?”
The boy motioned his head towards the note he held, her heart started to beat fast. She had never been sent up to the principal ever in her life. She quickly took the note and started to walk up towards the principal, she read the note.
‘Please send Seo Joo-Hyun to my office
- Principal’
Her brain started to go through every and anything she had done but she couldn’t think of anything she had done wrong.
She knocked on his door,
“Yes?”
“It’s Seo Joo-Hyun sir.” she replied.
“Ah! yes, come in!”
She opened the door not really wanting to go in, fearing meeting the principal.
Once she stepped in, she realized that she may not have been in trouble, the principal was smiling and talking to two men wearing very expensive looking suits.
“AH! There she is!” he said opening his arms up when he saw her, he turned to one of the men and commented
“You know I always knew she was a smart one! as soon as she entered our school!” He smiled.
“Excuse me sir, but why was I sent here?” She asked, completely confused.
“These two gentlemen are from the girls college near here, they want you to be admitted into college right away!”
She blinked,
“What? What about my senior year?”
“Oh don’t worry! you can just take a couple of tests and have all that cleared right away! I’m confident that you’ll be able get that all done with....”
“I-I don’t really want to....” She protested, albeit timidly.
She was in shock, she was nowhere near ready for college and although the thought of going to school with the older girls was tempting she didn’t want to leave Hyoyeon, Yuri, Sooyoung and Yoona behind.
“I just know that i’m not ready.”
She looked at the principal, who looked very disappointed in her he rubbed his eyebrows,
“Are you su-”
One of the men cut him off,
“Can we talk, privately?” He asked giving the principal a very thin smile.
“Oh, yes! uhm... I’ll just go out then.”
As soon as the three heard the click of the door closing the two men motioned her to sit down in a chair, they followed.
The slightly taller one spoke first
“Do you know why we picked you to come to our school?”
“It’s because I have some of the best test scores in the country, right?”
“Actually, you have the best scores in the country.” The shorter one interjected.
“But that’s not why we picked you.”
“Then why?”
“Our school isn’t a school that anyone can go to, you have to be smart; that doesn’t mean that you do the best in school though. You have to be strong, although that does not always mean psychically.” Taller one explained.
“Over all though, you have to be magical.”
“Huh?” She was puzzled by the last sentence,
“What do you mean magical? like you can do magic tricks? or...” She thought back to the paper flower.
“Here, let me show you an example.” Shorter one said, he took a square piece of paper from his pocket and placed it in his palm,
‘It has weird circles drawn on it too...’ Seohyun thought.
He crumpled up the square in his hand and then released it, a bird shot up from his palm. It flapped it’s wings and started to fly all around the room, resting on the Principal's ‘Principal of the Year’ award.
“Ho- why?” She gasped what had she just seen? There was no way that could have been real, her eyes frantically looked around for clear wires, smoke, mirrors something to logically explain away the fact that a bird just flew out of a man’s palm.
“I certainly can’t do anything like that!” She said defensively.
She was not like that. She was not magical, not special, she was only smart.
“We know about the flower.”
“How?”
He tapped his head and smiled,
“We just know.”
“I can’t. There is no way I can.” She got up from her seat and headed towards the door, they stopped her.
“You can. You don’t want to admit it but you can.”
“No! there is no way! i’m one hundred percent normal!” she shouted.
The taller one was about to speak when there was a loud bang, it shook everything around them knocking several plaques off the walls and caused the bird to squawk disapprovingly from it’s place.
“What was that?” Seohyun shouted.

 

(A/N: This chapter might be a bit meh =_= but I hope that after this chapter it will become smoother ^_^)