Chp 5

Forbidden

My parents decided to bring Hana and me to Japan, just to get my mind off things. Hana is starting to recognize all of EXO’s members and it worried me a little. She doesn’t ask for them as much now but you never know, she’s unpredictable.

Rejecting my parents’ offer to head to a hot spring, I decided to walk around the streets with Hana. Maybe we could do some retail therapy. I dropped mom a text saying where we were heading to and packed the diaper bag. I was smart to use a backpack this time round, it was easier anyway.

We had lunch first at a nearby café and the waiters cooed at Hana – I didn’t understand a word they said. This area was quiet, peaceful and I seriously contemplated on moving here instead.

“KAI!” Hana suddenly screeched and my head made a sharp turn following where she was pointing to. Was this fate? Kai was there, just few metres away from us, with Chanyeol, Tao and Sehun. I was stunned. “Kaii…..” Hana called out again wiggling out her arms, trying to get Kai to notice her. He did. And so did the rest of the members.

“Hana!” They all called out as they walked towards me. Kai took Hana from me and kissed both her cheeks and I felt my heart clenched, I wanted this for Hana. But from Kai? I’m not so sure.

“Hi Hyemi!” Chanyeol greeted me.

“Hey guys… What are you doing out here?

“We just finished our concert yesterday...” Sehun replied.

“Let’s hang out! I want to play with Hana!” Tao tried his aegyo on me and I reluctantly agree. Hana looked so happy I didn’t have the heart to pull her away.

While we walked around Kai carried Hana throughout while I followed them from the back, suddenly worried their fans might see this or something. Chanyeol sensed my worries and shook his head, showing a thumbs up. We arrived at a nearby playground and I let them entertain Hana. Sehun came to sit beside me instead.

“Hana’s so lucky she’s got you…” Sehun suddenly said, which surprised me a little.

“W.. Wae?”

“Don’t know, just look at her. One big ball of sunshine…”

“Haha, agreed…”

“Hyemi, it’s really none of my business but… Kai has been talking about Hana a lot and… I was just wondering did you guys…. Well… I mean…”

“We aren’t dating Hun.. I could count the number of times I met you guys. Hana hasn’t stopped talking about him either…” I confessed the last part quietly.

“Don’t you want to give it a shot? I mean, Kai and you?”

“No”

“Wae??”

“Gossiping about me?” Kai suddenly came up – gesturing to Sehun to go and join the others. Sehun winked and walked away. I felt nervous all of a sudden.

“You haven’t answered my last question Hyemi” Kai said, not looking at me. His eyes were still on Hana.

“No, you can’t get to know me” I sighed.

“Wae… Is this because of Ravi?” Because if it is I could – “

“Let’s just drop it okay? Please?”

“Can we at least exchange numbers” He asked softly, handing out his phone to me. I mentally cursed myself but keyed in my number anyway. I saw him smile and felt my heart warm a little. I was starting to crush on him and this was bad.