Chp 3

Forbidden

“Okay class dismissed, I’ll see you tomorrow same time!” I waved goodbye to my students as they grabbed their bags and headed out.

My parents brought Hana over to Jeju while I was stuck in Seoul, it sure was weird not having her around. I couldn’t remember what I did before I had Hana. Okay that was a lie, I know what I did. I just didn’t mix with that group of people anymore. Maybe I should ask Lyra out.

“Hey Lyra, any plans tonight?”

“Joon is bringing me to Octagon. Care to join?”

“Erm….”

“Aw come on. Hana is with your parents right? It’s been so long since you enjoyed!”

“I just don’t want to be a freaking lamp post!”

“You won’t. I promise!”

“Get ready at my place then?”

“Okay you’re doing my make-up!” Lyra said happily.

It was Ladies Night – which means more boys will be at the club than girls. Octagon was baby daddy’s place but I brushed it off, knowing I could just walk away if I bump into him. I heard he already has a replacement. It still hurt but I had to move on, why hang onto someone who doesn’t want me anymore?

“Yah gizibe! What’s this!” Lyra screeched and showed my phone. Uh oh. My wallpaper was the selca Hana took with the maknaes. .

“Oh. Erm… I bumped into them the other day at the park…”

“AND YOU DIDN’T CARE TO SHARE?”

“Chanyeol wasn’t there anyway so…”

“BUT STILL!”

“Look, get over it. It was just a one-time thing. They’re idols Lyra for goodness sake!”

“Did any one of them hit on you?” I thought of Kai asking about baby daddy but then shook my head.

“I have Hana remember? Which idol would want to get caught up in that?”

“Baby daddy did!”

“Don’t start Lyra!”

After two hours of prepping we were finally ready to head out. I was determined not to drink since I have a class to conduct tomorrow, I had to be disciplined! Joon picked us up and we headed straight to the club. It was almost 12am when we reached, but that’s when the party really got started right?

I stepped inside and scanned through the familiar surroundings – baby daddy wasn’t in sight. Thank god. I was impressed when Joon got us VIP tables and I lazed on the couch suddenly feeling lonely looking at Joon & Lyra.

“Why do you both even bother to come if all you do is rot on the sofa?” I grumbled while looking at the dance floor. The DJ was getting hyped out and I needed to dance.

“You go on then…” Lyra slurred while reaching out for another drink.

“You know where to look for me!” I called out over my shoulder as I headed downstairs to the dance floor.

It was jam packed but I managed to squeeze through, smacking myself right in the middle – in between couples and what not. Some guy caught my eye, with his leather jacket, tight skinnies and snapback that covered his eyes. Wait a minute, I’ve seen him somewhere. Nobody else was paying attention so I braved myself and approached him and lifted his cap slightly. The boy smirked before pulling it back down.

“Nobody should notice me Hyemi” He whispered and it gave me goose bumps.

“What would they say huh seeing their idol in the club?” I smiled, not knowing how to describe my feelings. It was like a relief seeing another familiar face – one that I actually felt happy to see.

“Come on… Hyungs would want to see you!” He dragged me across the room and up to another VIP lounge where his hyungs were drinking.

“HYEMI!” Tao exclaimed and attempted to high-five me while the rest tried to stop him.

“Yah kkamjong, did you drag her?” D.O said harshly.

“No! She approached me okay! Right Hyemi?” He turned and I started laughing out loud – what the heck was a kkamjong?

“So.. Sorry.. Yes, I approached him. Is Sehun even allowed in here?” I joked even though we were the same age.

“Yah! You’re mean” Sehun pouted and lay on Luhan’s shoulders.

“Okay, now that she’s said hi – let’s go Hyemi and leave this ahjussis to get drunk” Kai said and held onto my wrist.

“EXCUS E ME KKAMJONG WE ARE NOT AHJU – “Chen covered Baekhyun’s mouth and nodded to us to go.

“Let’s see you dance Hyemi…” Kai said as we entered the dance floor.

I got shy a little – he was THE dancing machine. What if I couldn’t meet up to his expectations? But then I pushed that thought away, he wasn’t mine or anything, why should I try to impress him? We were inches apart right now – the crowd was getting even more packed.        I felt very shy and couldn’t even look at him in the eye. I guess he noticed, he spun me around so my back was leaning against his chest. His arms went around my waist and he brought his lips nearer to my ear. I was going to faint.

“Can I get to know you?” He whispered. I bit my lip, a million thoughts running through my mind. The right thing was to say no. History should not repeat itself. I was about to give my reply when my eyes fell on him. Baby daddy was staring right at me, glaring. Uh oh.

“I need to go I’m sorry” I mumbled to Kai and removed myself quickly. I could hear him call out my name but I had to move fast.

“Hey Hyemi where – “ I brushed past Kris and felt slightly bad. I needed to get out right now. I haven’t seen that bugger for two years, I shouldn’t have agreed to come. He saw me with Kai, I knew he saw me. I pushed the back door and found myself at the back alley

“Lee Hyemi” His voice was so cold and distant. I started to move, we were done talking two years back. “Would you stop!” He appeared in front of me and gave me the cold stare.

“What now Ravi?” I spat.

“Oh? So it’s Ravi now?”

“You go by that name now don’t you”

“Since when were you caught up with Kai?!” I flinched, were they friends? . This was bad.

“I don’t know him”

SLAP

My eyes started to get watery and I hated myself at that moment. He was a reminder why I should never get involved with idols. I could hear his words replaying that I was a nuisance, an obstacle. I touched the cheek he hit, knowing it was going to be slightly bruised tomorrow. Then questions from my parents would start coming in.

“You better stay away from him do you understand me?!”

“I’m not yours anymore you jerk. You can’t control who I meet up with!”

“He’s my close friend you little . Stay away from him!” I knew it, this was all too good to be true.

“RAVI!” That was one voice I didn’t want to hear. Why won’t the floor just open up and swallow me.

“Jongin” Ravi replied, so that’s his real name. I didn’t know. It sounds way better than Kai or Kkamjong. “Stay out of this Jongin”

“You freaking hit a girl and you expect me to stay put?!” I could see Sehun and Tao behind him giving death glares to Ravi as well.

“I said stay out of this Jongin! SHE HAS MY CHILD!”

“HANA’S NOT YOUR DAUGHTER! YOU’VE NEVER ACKNOWLEDGED HER BEFORE SO DON’T YOU START NOW! WE DON’T NEED YOU!”

“Come on Hyemi…” Sehun pulled me by my shoulders as I tried to catch my breath, tears were threatening to fall.

“Let her go Sehun” Ravi said.

“Back off Ravi. You heard what she said” Kai stepped up to him.

“Don’t fall for her Jongin. She’s going to be a burden”

Sehun brought me back up to the other members and I heard him giving a short summary of what happened. D.O and Suho were the first to comfort me while the rest waited for Kai to come back with Tao.

“Is Ravi Hana’s father?” Kai asked as he sat beside me.

“Y… Yes…”

“He left even though he knew?” Lay asked.

“He’s an idol isn’t he? Won’t this be a scandal…? I’ve got to go, I can’t stay”

“I’ll send you home” Kai offered but I shook my head. I needed time and space to breathe and think. I wanted to be with Hana.