Chp 14

Forbidden

“Mama… Sand…” Hana pointed to her toes digging deep into it.

“Let’s build a castle baby…” I started gathering the pails we bought earlier and attempted to build a decent castle with my daughter.

“Bogo… Ship.. O” Hana muttered.

“Mwo? What did you say?”

Hana pointed to my phone – I was the one in denial. I had a selca of Jongin, Hana & me as our wallpaper and I cried almost every night looking at it. I cut off my line, I didn’t want to be found. Reality was too harsh right now.

“I miss Pa – Jongin too” I sighed and continued picking up sand.

She couldn’t sit still, always running about excited to be near the water but then ran into my arms when the waves started coming. I could imagine Kris and Tao being the last one to enter the water. Suho would probably be the first, setting an example for the rest of them.

I heard Come Back Home playing in a far distant and enjoyed it, singing along softly. How long has it been since I listened to music? The song became louder and louder by the second and I wondered if some kid just wanted to annoy my peaceful time.

“OMO!” Hana’s hands suddenly flew to , her eyes turning big. My daughter, the drama queen. Not really, I taught her that actually haha!

“Wae? Come here, your hair is all sandy…”

“Han…”

“Stop fidgeting.. Mama needs to clean you up…”

“Papa….”

“Papa?”

“Sshhhh” Hana suddenly placed her fingers to her lips.

“Aigooo why are you such a drama queen Lee Hana…” I laughed to myself and pinched her cheeks.

“Guess who” A male’s voice said as two palms covered my eyes. I recognized his voice, anytime anywhere.

“Kkamjong”

“Yahhh~~” I could tell he was pouting. He released his palms and I saw 11 boys standing with Hana, all kissing and hugging her. I felt extremely bad right now.

“Ho… How did you find us?”

“I have my ways..” Jongin replied.

I stood up and walked towards the boys, feeling like I could break down anytime soon. Too late, as soon as Chen smiled at me I started crying and apologizing non-stop. I received hugs from all of them till I came back to a familiar spot, on his chest, taking in his scent.

“Don’t run away like that anymore Hyemi…” Jongin said gently.

“We’re all with you on this.. Don’t worry”

“Someone wants to talk to you…” Kris gave a cold hard stare behind me and I turned.

“Ravi?”

The boy I once loved was looking like a mess, eyebags underneath his eyes and so much weight loss. But I didn’t feel anything, I pitied him. I moved on to someone else – and I guessed it hurt him just as bad. What was I supposed to do?

“Go on…” Jongin gently pushed me.

“What’s wrong…” I asked worriedly, cupping his thin face.

“Will you forgive me…” He held onto my palms, like his life depended on it.

“I’ve already forgiven you… The moment you walked out of my life…”

“Jongin can take care of you… And Hana” He looked over at her seeing her happy being with EXO.

“I’m sorry” I said quietly, not knowing what else to say.

“I just wanted to see you and Hana. I won’t try to be in your lives anymore…”

“Someday Hana will know you... But not as her father…”

“You’re an amazing mom you know that…” He laughed a little, and I felt a sense of nostalgia running through me. “I’ve got to go… I’ll see you around boo…” I nodded a little and he hugged me tight, pecking my forehead before he walked off.

Jongin came up behind me and placed his head on my shoulder, pouting a little. “Are you jealous?” I asked.

“Nope. I know you don’t have feelings for him anymore”

“He’s Hana’s father Jongin. There will always be feelings for him..”

“Will there be space for me then?”

“What do you think?”

“I think…. You’re going to fall head over heels for me” Jongin snickered.

“Yah! Vainpot” I grumbled.