Chp 11

Forbidden

I ended up at Kamong Café with Hana, not knowing why I walked there. I’ve successfully ignored all calls and messages from EXO and refuse to give in to Hana when she asked for them. We needed closure, so what the heck was I doing here?

“Hey unnie, could I get a cup of hot choc?” I placed my order while placing Hana at the counter top.

“Sure thing. Whoa she’s gotten so big hasn’t she?”

“Haha ne…”

“How are you though? Jongin’s been worried sick…”

“I just needed some time alone…”

“Why not just talk things over?”

“My mom’s against me dating Jongin…”

“But our parents aren’t..”

“It’s difficult unnie..”

“No it isn’t Hyemi” How long has it been since I last heard his voice?

“PAPA!”

“Yah Kkamjong, did you teach Hana to call you that?” It was Tao this time.

“No fair! We’re all her dad!” Baekhyun whined.

“Why are you ignoring us Hyemi…” Kyungsoo added.

“You know it’s rude to talk with your back facing  us” Xiumin said.

“I… Well... It’s…” I couldn’t face them; they were so nice – too nice to me. I felt the whole lot of them surrounding me a big group hug and I started sobbing uncontrollably.

“Guys… You should take this at the back..” Jongin’s unnie said urgently, not wanting her customers to eavesdrop.

Hana happily received a piggyback from Lay and we all walked back, I had no clue what to talk about.

“How have you been Hana?” Suho asked gently. I could feel Jongin’s eyes staring right through me.

“I… Okay I guess…”

“The threats are still non-stop huh…?” Sehun frowned.

“It was bound to happen…”

“We’re sorry on behalf our fans Hyemi”

“It’s okay, as long as nothing happens to Hana”

“This will go away soon, don’t you worry…”

“Hyemi can we talk in private?” Jongin held out his hand to me. I nodded, and took his hand passing Hana’s bottle to Tao.

“Jongin…”

“Let me talk first okay. I meant what I said the other day, I love you Hyemi. And I love Hana. I know things are haywire right now but please don’t give up on me. I will find a way out for all of us..”

“Our time isn’t now Jongin. You’re at the peak of your career… I can’t ruin your future”

“I will do everything I can… Trust me…”

“Hana isn’t your responsibility Jongin.. She’s mine. Don’t put everything on your shoulders”

“Then let’s go through this together…”