UNFAMILIAR FACES

The Hae Dal Chi Chronicles

Donghae's POV

 

"Everything's all set?" Heechul-hyung asked as he looked at around the banquet hall.

"Deh. Everyone's at their respective posts already. We've checked all possible entry and exit points.. We've heightened security. No one can enter without our GO signal." Yesung answered.

 

 

Ryeowook, Sungmin, and Eunhyuk joined us with drinks on hand.

"Here, drink up. You have to ease up a little. Everything's set and besides, all Hae Dal Chi members are here." Eunhyuk said with a grin.

Heechul-hyung frowned as Eunhyuk earned a wallop from him.

"Pabo! We shouldn't be complacent. Anyway, give me that drink!" He said as he drank the wine in one gulp.

 

Yesung saw me checking my watch and he said to me "Relax Hae. Jin-ah's with the girls. They will be here soon."

 

Soon after, the girls and Soojin entered the hall. Everyone's attention was on Soojin. They began crowding her and welcoming her back. I saw the kid's annoyed look which only lasted for a split second.

She really is like her siblings, especially Sooyeon. They do not like being crowded by too many people. Nonetheless, she greeted everyone with a big smile.

"Sooyeon-ah, Jin-ah's all grown-up now. You were right.. Despite her brattiness as a kid, and even though she's the youngest.. she has what it takes to be your clan's leader.." I thought to myself. 

 

 

Soojin's POV

 

"Who on earth are these people??" I thought to myself as unfamiliar elementals crowded around me and started shaking my hands and hugging me.

I looked at my unnies who were following me closely from the back. They knew what I was thinking and they looked at me with a we'll-tell-you-later look.

 

I continued saying my hellos to unknown people until I was finally greeted by familiar faces of council members and and other high-ranking elementals.

"Soojin-ah! Welcome back!" Uncle Youngmin exclaimed as he hugged me tightly.

He did the same to the unnies which surprised all of us. He looked at us and chuckled at our surprised expressions.

"Come now, this is a party. We missed all of you. This is a night of celebration. No formalities required.  Now girls, you go mingle with your friends and your boys. I'm sure you've got a lot to catch up on. I'll take care of Soojin." He added which surprised us even more.

Although Uncle Youngmin is family to me, I did not want to be stuck with the oldies. However, I also did not want my unnies to suffer with me so I chimed in with our samchon's suggestion.

"Yeah, go unnies. Samchon and I have a lot to catch up on. Besides, I have to meet up with the other council members and other elders."

They looked at me with worry though I returned it with a reassuring look. They left hesitantly and went on their own ways.

 

Uncle Youngmin began talking about something which I did not understand as I was busy looking at Hae-oppa and Heechul-oppa's direction. They were talking to Taeyeon-unnie and they seemed to be discussing something very serious.

However, it seemed they felt me staring at them since they broke off their discussion and looked towards me with a smile. I smiled back though I was curious about their discussion. They all looked very distressed.

"I have to find out what they were talking about." I said to myself as I nodded absentmindedly to whatever Uncle Youngmin was saying.

 

"So Jin-ah, I'm sure you know council members.." He said as the council members shook my hands and greeted me.

"Council Lee, Council Song (wife of Council Lee), Council Hwang (Wife of Council Im), Council Im, how are you? It is nice to see you again." I greeted them.

"Soojin-ah, no need to be formal.. your samchons and imos have missed you so much. We are here to celebrate your return.." Council Song said with a smile.

Council Im hugged me as he said "Jin-ah, you're all grown up now! Being the Fire clan's leader at such a young age.. your parents would be so proud of you.."

Not knowing what to say, I simply smiled at them. 

 

After exchanging pleasantries and reminiscing about their history with my family, the council members have finally taken their seats as the MCs announced the start of the night's program.