Friday Is A Good Day

Something Went Right

Jinki was by no means a morning person. The drowsy boy softly closed his locker and placed his forehead on the cool metal. He was not looking forward to teachers lecturing him so early in the morning.

 

Luckily, this was a class he had with Gwiboon, so while he would be bored, he wouldn’t be bored to tears. Jinki strolled into his first class with the full intent to spend the entire hour goofing off with his best friend.

 

The bell rang as Jinki situated his supplies on the desk. He looked around waiting for the flashy entrance of his best friend. It was not unusual for Gwiboon to miss the first few minutes of class.

 

Despite receiving frequent detentions, Gwiboon insisted that she must be fashionably late for school. In actuality, Gwiboon was even less of a morning person as Jinki was and had to rush to school every morning. Jinki got into the groove of the class.

 

After twenty minutes of taking notes as fast as the teacher was speaking, the thought occurred to Jinki that Gwiboon had either slept through her alarm or was not coming to school.

 

Jinki sneakily took his phone from his pocket and put it in his pencil case. He pretended to search for another pen as he texted his best friend.

 

hey sleepy head wake up ur missing school!!

you just missed 1st period lolol

 

Once Jinki got his books for his next few classes he called Gwiboon. It went straight to voicemail. That’s strange, he thought. Normally if Gwiboon was going to miss class she would tell him she was either sick or ditching. Concern was laced into Jinki’s voice as he left his friend a voicemail.

 

“Hey Boonie, I hope you’re okay. I know I didn’t get a chance to talk to you yesterday, but call me during lunch to tell me what’s going on. Have fun not being in school. See ya later.” Beep.

 

For the rest of the day Jinki put it out of his mind. Although the last talk they had still puzzled Jinki, he didn’t think that anything was upsetting Gwiboon enough for her to ignore his calls. He chalked it up to Gwiboon having fun ditching school and left it at that.

 

He was glad for his friend and wished he was in her shoes. Jinki didn’t completely dislike school, but it was much more fun with Gwiboon around. Jinki poignantly felt Gwiboon’s absence at lunch.

 

Still without a text or call from his best friend, he decided to eat lunch in the library instead of sitting with people he barely talked to. At least this way he could get some work done and not have as much work to do over the weekend. With his left hand holding his sandwich and right hand scribbling away on the paper, he did not notice anyone sit across from him until a loud grunt disrupted the silence.

 

Startled, Jinki abruptly gasped and launched a piece of his sandwich directly into the back of his throat. His eyes bulged as he tried not to choke and nearly popped out his skull as he realized who was sitting across from him. Jinki gulped the rest of his drink in order to push the sandwich down.

 

Panting, Jinki greeted Jonghyun as best as he could.

 

“Hi J-Jonghyun,” Jinki sputtered.

 

“Hey hyung? You good there?” Jonghyun ventured, his arms still helplessly reached out to the older boy.

 

“Nah, I’m okay. Just shocked is all,” his relief over not choking was hastily outshadowed by his embarrassment at Jonghyun seeing him look like a gaping fish. Hearing Jonghyun’s light chuckle made his ears turn pink. Who wouldn’t laugh at that sight?

 

“Do you normally eat lunch here?” Jonghyun asked.

 

“Uh no, but Gwiboon isn’t here today so I decided to come here. What about you? Now that I think of it I’ve never seen you in the lunchroom before.” he remembered.

 

“Yea, I normally eat here. It’s way easier to work on homework and stuff here.” his eyes dashed to the book in front of Jinki, “What’re you working on?”

 

“I’m actually working on English-”

 

“What a coincidence! I brought my book with me too!” Overly excited Jonghyun waved his book in the air, making the pages flop all over the place.

 

Jinki couldn’t help but smile warmly at the younger boy’s glee. He really was too cute when he got excited over the smallest things.

 

“How about we study?” he suggested.

 

The younger boy pushed his book across the table next to Jinki. He hurriedly sat down next to his tutor with a wide grin.

 

“That’s an excellent idea. Please help me~” he pouted jokingly.

 

Jinki didn’t know how much more cuteness he could take.

 

“Okay, okay,” Jinki consented with a smile as he patted Jonghyun’s small back.

 

By the end of lunch the boys had actually gotten a lot of work done. Jinki flew through his work as English was his favorite subject. As for the younger, he just desperately wanted to be done with his work.

 

With his tutor’s assistance, the younger got done with his assignment by the end of lunch. They let out twins sighs of relief as they put their pens down. Suddenly a thought occurred to Jinki.

 

“Wait, didn’t we agree last night to work on this at my place?” he recalled.

 

“Oh,” the younger simply said, looking slightly crestfallen.

 

“Well. . . you could still come over if you’d like. It is the weekend after all.” Jinki offered. It was worth a shot, right?

 

Jonghyun was elated. “Of course I wanna come over!” he bounced in his seat wildly, gradient hair flopping with each bounce.

 

“Great! Let’s meet at the bus after school. We should go now or we’re going to be late for class.” Jinki chuckled, placing his hand on the younger’s shoulder to calm him down.

 

The younger jolted at the sudden contact. A warmth spread over his face as Jinki slid his hand down the younger’s arm.

 

“I’ll see you later Jonghyun-ah,” Jinki’s velvety voice murmured. With a smirk and a turn of his heel, Jinki headed for his next class leaving behind a stunned Jonghyun.

 

 

~~~~~~~

A/N: hey everyone i hope you enjoyed this chapter. I uploaded this on mobile so sorry if it looks weird. I have some ideas and time to write so hopefully i update more. I hate waiting for fics to update, but im not used to writing fanfiction so please be understanding. Also, I may or may not edit the first few chapters of the fic so beware lol. Btw who else is excited for SHINee's 9th anniversary??! Anyways yay summer and happy reading~