Tenderheart Choi Minho!

Something Went Right

Jinki was acutely aware of the bead of sweat forming at the base of his hairline as he bowed, "Hi, Minho. I'm Lee Jinki, you can call me Jinki, Hyung, whatever really." Jinki beamed his megawatt smile, still slightly winded from his dash to the bookstore. Minho seemed like a nice enough person and he definitely wanted to befriend his new coworker. Having an uncomfortable relationship would just make work tense and, well, uncomfortable. 

 

"Uh. . .Hyung? Mr. Kim told me a bit about you.. you're in high school, right? I'm in my second year of university, so I'm actually your hyung." Minho's smile had no trace of superiority or arrogance as he inclined his head towards Jinki. 

 

The younger boy was shocked, to say the least. Although his coworker was tall, he had large, innocent eyes and a boyish handsomeness that was accentuated by his shoulder length brown hair. Jinki pegged him to be his age at the oldest. His eyes darted around the room searching for a way past his embarrassment. Jinki scratched the back of his neck as he let out a little giggle. 

 

"Well, Hyung, let me show you around~" 

 

Minho was a very quick learner. He was great for the job, maybe even better suited than Jinki. He had long limbs, very agile, and a wide, perusing gaze that missed nothing. Minho didn't say much, but Jinki attributed that to it being Minho's first day. He made very few mistakes; Jinki wondered how much the university student could possibly absorb in that small head of his. 

 

"I think that should be enough for today. Honestly, there isn't too much to this job, so by the end of the week you should have everything down." Jinki looked up to meet Minho's attentive gaze with cheerful eyes. 

 

"I really hope so. You're a great teacher, Jinki. In all the part time jobs I've had, I've never had someone welcome me so warmly and instruct me so patiently. I, uh, really appreciate it," with a sheepsh grin, he ran a large, slim hand through the hair at the nape of his neck. 

 

"It wasn't that hard. You pick up things pretty quickly," he beamed. "I'll go ahead and close up, so you can leave. I'm sure you're a busy person." 

 

"Is that really okay?" 

 

"Yeah, we're done for the day. It was nice meeting you, I look forward to working with you in the future." Jinki replied as way of dismissal. 

 

"Same. I'll see you later!" the university student called out with a wave and three graceful strides out the front door. 

 

As Jinki insterted the key to lock the register, he noticed a bookmark with writing on it sticking oddly out the pages of the novel he was reading. 

 

choi minho 

210.509.1292  

 

"Hm, well, I will need his number. . ." Jinki murmered and saved the number in his phone.

. . . 

 

Fresh out of the shower and lounging in bed, Jinki's thoughts once again drifted to Jonghyun. He was certain Jonghyun was interested, but he didn't know exactly how to proceed. As much as he liked the younger boy, he didn't want to rush things. He was attracted to the other from the moment he saw him on the bus, but there was still so much Jinki didn't know about the other boy.

 

What was his favorite food? What type of music did he listen to? Did he have dreams? There was so much Jinki was curious about. Sitting here thinking about it isn't gonna give me any answers, he thought. Jinki clutched his phone in both hands. 

 

hi:) 

 

Not his best work, but his mind always drew a blank when it came to the younger boy. 

 

hey jinx. wats up? 

 

The immediate vibration from his phone, not a second later, gave Jinki a start. 

 

whens our next study sess? 

 

bzzz 

 

is tomorrow gud for u? 

 

yea thats coo. see u then:):):) 

 

The older boy clenched his fist in victory. Maybe one day Jinki could work up the courage to ask Jonghyun on a date. 

 

Jinki was happily pressing random apps in his phone when he realized that Key hadn't texted him all day. Usually when he got off work he'd either be at Key's place or on the phone with her. They had been arguing more than usual lately and Jinki was tired from having Minho under his wing all day. So, instead of texting Gwiboon like he normally would, he drifted off to sleep with thoughts of a certain petite boy on his mind. 


A/N: hey yall i know it's been a minute so i decided to update a lil something. please comment/sub. HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!