Just Another Day pt. I

Something Went Right

 

Jinki wondered if there was actually such a thing as good fortune.

 

Most mornings Jinki woke up and was soon filled with dread at the thought of yet another day of his life spent in the place he hated most- but not today. Today Jinki woke up feeling like a small child at 11:58 pm Christmas Eve.

 

Instead of quickly combing his fingers through his brown hair, he carefully brushed it and styled his bangs making sure that each strand was in place. Every single step of Jinki’s daily routine was carefully executed. Walking with his hand over his bangs because that morning was oddly windy, he made his way to the bus.

 

Jinki was in the middle of checking his uniform to make sure that his shirt was still coolly ed and didn’t just look sloppy, when the bus pulled up. He looked around surreptitiously (read: thirst) for his flower bus boy.

 

His heart dropped all the way to his carefully cleaned Docs. Jinki couldn’t believe that he had put in so much effort just for the boy not to show.

 

Suddenly, life wasn’t so exciting anymore. Now it would just be another day of tedious work in a repetitive schedule.  He shuffled in early like every other day to get to his locker.

 

He sighed and ran a frustrated hand through his hair messing it a little. God, Gwiboon’s right. I got all excited for nothing. I need to get laid. Jinki was lethargically getting his books for his first few classes, totally not pouting, when he felt a warm hand slide on his shoulder.

 

“U-um excuse me? Do you know where the admissions office is?” the boy said.

 

Jinki’s eyes were wider than saucers. It was the boy, his flower bus boy. And he was talking to him of all people. And about the admissions office of all things. The admissions office! Right. Admissions.

 

“I could show you, if you want?” I could do a lot more, if you want. Jinki was surprised at his own sudden thoughts. Goddamn, Chill. Think about Jesus.

 

“That would be so nice of you, thanks! I’m new here and I got this map and I’m kinda directionally challenged so it isn’t working out too well. Haha. . .and it kinda doesn’t help that this school is more confusing than Hogwarts. Why are there so many buildings? Isn’t it one school? ” The boy rambled on without taking a single breath. His black to blonde gradient hair bouncing with every step they took down the hallway.

 

Jinki found the boy quite amusing and his rambling extremely cute. But, somehow, when Jinki got to be face to face with the boy the first word he thought of definitely wasn’t just cute. He opened his mouth to tell the boy that they were now standing in front of the admissions office when the boy started talking again.

 

“I’m Kim Jonghyun, a third year” he chirped. “But you’re so nice you can just call me Jonghyun.” Jonghyun said pleasantly; smiling at Jinki with pearly white teeth, his left eye becoming a smaller crescent moon than the other.

 

“Ah, I’m your hyung then!” He chuckled. “I’m a fourth year, the name’s Lee Jinki. Some people call me Onew.” Jinki’s smile was warmer than a bundle of yellow tulips, his eyes nearly disappearing from how wide his smile was.

 

Jinki could not have been any happier. Finally, he had a name to put with the face instead of “flower bus boy”. He wanted to try saying "Jonghyun" once (or a billion times).

 

He wondered if Jonghyun would taste as good on his tongue as the boy looked and smelled; how his mouth would feel letting the words, “How does that feel, Jonghyun-ah?” Or “Jonghyun, I like you”, fall from his lips.

 

The first bell shrieked loudly signaling the start of the school day.

 

“We’ve been standing in front of admissions for a bit now. Just go on in and they’ll help you out.” Jinki gestured to the woman at the front desk wearing a fuzzy red sweater. “I have to get going. If you have any questions just come see me okay, Jonghyun?” Saying the boy’s name felt better than he thought it would. 

 

Jonghyun chuckled lowly, “Ah, such a good hyung already. Thanks for the help! I’ll see you around~” With a crooked smirk and one last tiny wave, Jonghyun breezily walked towards the lady at the front desk.

 

Jinki wondered if there was actually such a thing as good fortune.


A/N: End of ch.2~ did you guys like it? please let me know, i really appreciate any and all comments! thanks for reading ^_^