Just Another Day pt. II

Something Went Right

Jinki was just about bouncing out of his seat as he waited for Gwiboon to enter the only class they shared. Admittedly, it was Jinki's poorest class, but that was probably largely due to the fact that he shared it with Gwiboon. 

 

Gwiboon, of course, was the last student to enter the room. Although she wore a uniform like everyone else, the way she had altered it made it look better than every girl's in the school. Students (male and female) gawked as she strutted to her seat next to Jinki, her new haircut making her look edgier than ever. The bell rang just as she sat down.

 

"Are you done putting on your little show?" Jinki asked, he'd known Gwiboon for so long that her theatrics had long failed to charm him like the other students. 

 

"Gotta do it for the fans," she smirked, "What's up, Jinx? You look kinda key-ed up." Gwiboon laughed at her own pun and smacked Jinki's arm to get him to see the true comedic gold her puns were. 

 

Jinki chuckled good naturedly at her antics and rubbed his arm. This strong, heavy handed . . . he let the thought trail off.

 

"That sounds like something I would say." he chuckled. 

 

Gwiboon's laugh suddenly died as the corners of went down in disdain. "Ew, you're right. We hang out too much. . .maybe I should start hanging out with my other friends more. . . ?" she mumbled the last part more to herself than to Jinki.

 

Jinki tried not to look offended, he didn't think his jokes were that bad. He cleared his throat twice to regain her attention. 

 

"I saw him today." he said, he tried hard to restrain the huge grin that threatened to show.

 

"Hmm? Who?" she asked, trying to look as if she was taking notes as the teacher was looking at them. 

 

"The guy on the bus- his name is Jonghyun." This time Jinki couldn't help but to grin like an idiot as he anxiously waited for Gwiboon's reaction. 

 

Gwiboon suddenly whirled around in her seat so fast that her pen flew across the room, effectively startling Jinki and whoever the pen hit. 

 

"You, what?!" she asked, her eyes widening in suprise, "You. . .saw him? That short boy with the bad dye job?" 

 

Her reaction was starting to worry Jinki. Jinki thought Gwiboon would be happy for him, but right now she looked like someone stole her bike. He couldn't understand why she was like this, it had been so long since he had liked someone. He had always been there for Gwiboon and her many crushes, so why couldn't she be there for him this one time? 

 

The more Jinki thought about it, the more irritated he became with her. His face was void of emotion as he said, "His name is Kim Jonghyun." 

 

Gwiboon saw how she was starting to irk Jinki and quickly changed her expression. "Oh, really? How'd you all meet?" she feigned interest, smiling and leaning her head on one hand as if she was ready to sit for hours as Jinki recounted every detail of their glorious first encounter. 

 

Jinki actually did begin to tell her every detail starting with how he had tried to look good this morning. Which, she had noticed when she saw him that morning.

 

To her, Jinki always looked handsome no matter how he came to school (which is a lot coming from a self-proclaimed fashionista). But today he looked down right irresistable, and now Gwiboon knew why. 

 

This made her feel even tier and the carefully constructed look of interest that she had slowly crumpled as she thought of Jinki liking someone else. No matter how she dressed, what hair she had, even if she was Key or Gwiboon that day, none of it mattered to Jinki. 

 

He would always see her as his best friend and nothing more. Her chances of ever winning Jinki's heart had now gone from slim to none. The sudden realization had Gwiboon's eyes misting over with fresh tears.  

 

Jinki stopped in the middle of his story, shocked by Gwiboon's sudden mood changes. She was giving him whiplash. She really isn't normally like this, he thought. 

 

"Gwiboonie, you okay? What''s wrong?" 

 

"Hm? Oh, um, I'm fine Jinx just kinda spaced out. This lecture is so boring it's got me in tears, ha ha. Tell me more about-" she tried to say his name but it burned on the way out "-Jong, um bad dye job at lunch, okay?" 

 

She hurredly gathered her stuff and nearly tripped trying to get out of her seat. His hand reached out on its own accord to catch her wrist.

 

She stared at him for an intense moment before a single traitorous tear escaped from her eye.

 

"." she mumbled as more tears started to fall. Quickly, she walked out the classroom door a second before the bell rang. 

 

Jinki jumped out of his chair, the supplies on his desk clattering to the floor noisely. 

 

"Yah Gwiboonie? Please just tell me what's wrong!" he shouted after her, but the sound of the bell drowned out his pleas. He pouted as he slowly sat back down in his seat.

 

Jinki wondered why things between them had become so strange lately. 


A/N: the actual end of ch.2 lol i hope you guys like it. i'll try to update as much as i can but tbh it's hard since this is my first time writing a ch fic and i only ever have time to write when i'm on vacation. im very sorry pls understand T-T pls comment and happy christmas eve! ^^