Tutoring Your Crush Is Hard

Something Went Right

By no means was Jinki a loner. He was pretty well liked at his school; he just preferred a more intimate circle of friends. Therefore, the most frequent visitor to his home was Gwiboon. Of course, having his best friend over was nothing to him, he wouldn’t even change out of his pajamas.

 

This would probably explain why Jinki had absolutely no idea what to wear, let alone how to entertain Jonghyun when he came over. Mrs. Lee usually kept the house clean, so all he had to do was wait for Jonghyun to get there. He flopped on the couch and turned the tv on and browsed for something that would both entertain him and calm his beating heart.

 

His eyes lit up when he landed on Inuyasha: The Girl Who Overcame Time, and the Boy Who Was Just Overcome.  He sat back and relaxed right as he hit play. 

 

earlier 

    

There were two roads that could be taken at this point: go to his next class early, or go see what had possessed Gwiboon. Dealing with her was not something he was looking forward to, but he knew it was probably the fastest way to get whatever problem she had with him settled. So, he put on his big boy pull ups and decided on the latter.

 

Breaking out in a smooth jog got Jinki to the field in record time. He could feel a small patch of perspiration on his lower back when he finally found Gwiboon by the bleachers. He assessed her condition as he thought of the best approach. She was gripping the edges of the metal bleachers with enough force to turn her knuckles white.

 

Her eyes were red, but there were no tears just yet. He could tell she was making an effort to bottle up her emotions. Jinki slowed his jog to a breezy stride as he neared his best friend. Seeing her in this state made much of Jinki’s anger dissipate.

 

Yes, she had been acting strange lately, but this is what he was here for. All he truly wanted was to help his friend through whatever was going on so their relationship could return to normal. 

 

“You summoned me?” Jinki lightly panted out, standing in front of his friend with his back to the sun.

 

Gwiboon resurfaced from whatever world she was in. 

 

“Oh.” Blink. “We need to talk.” she let go of the bench and crossed her arms, sitting back cooly as if she was just enjoying the breeze and not looking as if she was planning Jinki’s murder moments prior. 

 

“Yeah I gathered that. . . Listen,” he starts. 

 

“First, you listen. Since when did you have so much free time to tutor extra students? In a subject you don’t even tutor at that.” Gwiboon leveled him a cold, expectant stare, as if she knew the first thing he said would be a lie. 

 

“Um? How do you even know about that?” 

 

“I told you already. You’ve never noticed me.” her eyes gleamed with a muted emotion Jinki could not define. “Now answer the question.” she demanded, turning her head away from him to briefly inspect her flawless nails. 

 

“I’m tutoring him because he’s my friend.” he was really confused now. Why would she care about who he tutored? 

 

“I see. Well, have fun with your new friend.” she pushed off the bench and dusted invisible lent from her uniform for one second before striding past her friend like nothing had happened. Without even turning around she said, “Are you coming?” 

 

He stared at the red streaks in her ink black hair as she retreated. 

 

Gwiboon came to a stop. 

 

“Class, Jinki. We have it.” she looked over her shoulder with a toothless grin.

 

A slow, uncertain smile found its way onto Jinki’s face. Then, the sun between parted clouds was second only to Jinki’s smile. 

 

Gwiboon tried not to think, to feel each part of her chest crack and remold, but at that moment, Jinki’s forgiving smile made her fall in love with her best friend all over again. 

. . .

“Sit, boy!”  a triumphant grin and Inuyasha hits the ground with an audible crunch. 

 

Jinki squirms on the couch in his t-shirt and jogger combo giggling as if he hadn’t seen this episode one-hundred and twenty-seven times before. When Inuyasha gets up and Jinki sees that there’s an Inuyasha shaped mold on the ground from where he “sat” he leans over the couch and bellows with laughter.

 

He’s in the middle of wiping the spittle from his chin when the doorbell rings. He springs up to turn off the tv and literally sprints to the hallway mirror, quickly inspecting his hair and face. His phone pings and he sees it’s a text from Jonghyun. 

 

hey im outside :)  

 

Well, he’s as ready as he’ll ever be. The nerves come back and Jinki ignores the slight trembling of his hands. He opens the door with a wobbly smile that immediately freezes on his face because oh my god??? How can someone be so cute and manly at the same damn time? 

 

“Hey! It’s nice to see you Jinki hyung.” Jonghyun shows all of his teeth in a wide grin while somehow still looking shy as he stands there in an extremely oversized baby pink hoodie and ripped jeans. 

 

Jinki looks at his black shirt and joggers and feels plain. He notices the backpack on his shoulder and steps aside to let Jonghyun in. 

 

“It’s different seeing you outside of school, it’s refreshing.” Jinki mutters with a warm smile and warmer cheeks. 

 

“It is different. . .hyung you look really manly in all black.” he chuckles and makes himself comfortable on the floor by the table. 

 

Jinki is fairly sure that the maniacal way he’s smiling right now makes him look like a ert, so the older boy goes to the kitchen with the excuse of getting food. He grabs an armful of assorted goods, a two liter pop, and two cups then returns to the living room.

 

“Here are some snacks. I don’t know what you like, so if you want anything else just let me know and I’ll give it to you.” he says with an easy smile, quickly setting everything on the table. 

 

“Thanks,” the younger begins, but Jinki is waving it off before Jonghyun can even get it out. 

 

They make room for all the snacks and books on the table. There’s an awkward silence as both boys wrack their brains for something to say. Jinki is floating on clouds, content to simply observe him. 

 

He feels a glow in his chest as he realizes that somehow he got this perfect being to be his friend and come to his house. The smaller boy is positively swimming in his big pink hoodie, and the older boy may be smart, but Jonghyun is no doubt cuter than Jinki’s brain can handle. Jonghyun clears his throat and brightly says, “So, you wanna get started?” 

 

His mouth is useless at the moment, so he dreamily nods and waits for Jonghyun to bombard him with questions. 

. . . 

 

“. . .do you understand it up to there?” the older boy points his finger to the middle of the sentence. 

 

“Honestly, I was lost here-” the frustrated student huffs and points his pencil to the first word. 

 

Their eyes meet and Jonghyun looks so done that Jinki can’t help the giggle that escapes his lips. Jonghyun just slumps over and shakes in silent laughter that looks more like crying than laughing. Jinki reaches over to shut his book. 

 

“I think it’s time for a break.” he chuckles while cramming chips into his mouth, already reaching for the remote. 

 

Jonghyun pops back up at break neck speed and chugs the rest of his soda like it’s his first shot of the night. Jinki glances over and chuckles because a frustrated Jonghyun is both hilarious and adorable. 

 

“Is that Inuyasha?” Jonghyun questions so hard that bits of chips fly off his lips.

 

They turn to each other in a way that people only do when they realize they’ve found someone who’s soul matches their own. The younger brings the bowl of chips and ketchup with him and settles beside the older. Both boys are excited as the episode resumes.

 

With dimmed lights and a handsome boy invading his personal space on a comfy couch, the only downside is Jinki's difficulty breathing.  He squints out the corner of his eye to see Jonghyun’s pinky peeking from underneath the sleeve of his baby pink hoodie and his own stubby finger nearly touching. When Sesshomaru attacks Inuyasha, the younger boy starts and accidentally brushes his hand against his own, and Jinki thinks it

 

He flips his hand over and smoothly interlaces their fingers together while still looking at the battle onscreen. Jinki curses his damn face because right now he knows he looks just like the ketchup on Jonghyun’s chips. He doesn’t dare, but his eyes do, so he glances over to see a blushing Jonghyun biting his lip.

 

He gives his hand a light squeeze and a tender quirk of Jonghyun’s mouth melts his whole body. Jonghyun hesitantly meets his gaze and slowly leans over just enough for their shoulders to touch. Jinki can feel the younger’s breath fan his face, the cheesy smell of junk food making him grin.

 

They jolt apart when a tortured scream shatters the moment and both boys look to see Inuyasha half dead onscreen. Wishing that Sesshomaru would just finish the job, Jinki looks down at his phone on the table and realizes he has 3 missed calls and 5 texts from his boss. 

 

“Oh my god! Jonghyun I’m so sorry, but we have to leave right now I’m late for work.” he panicked and ran to the front door to put his shoes and jacket on. 

 

“Oh ! Hung, why didn’t you tell me earlier?” the younger boy screeched, leaping off the couch and packing his bag with lightning speed. 

 

Both boys stand on Jinki’s porch and they share the knowledge that time has already ran out. Before he can even blink the younger male bounces on the balls of his feet to give Jinki a chaste kiss on the cheek. 

 

“See you, hyung.” 

 

As Jinki ran to the bookstore he was sure that the only thing cuter than Jonghyun wearing an oversized pink hoodie, was a pink faced Jonghyun. 

 

Jinki was gasping like a fish out of water. 

 

“Oh, Lee Jinki. You’re never late, so I’ll let it slide. What’s more important right now is our new employee,” Mr. Kim said before a panting Jinki could even form an apology. “this is Choi Minho. Train him well,” and with that the owner Mr. Kim walked out the front door faster than he had came.  

 

“Hello, my name is Choi Minho.”


A/N: lmfao i know it's been forever but uh life is hard and im a ty writer. here u go~ pls comment/sub