Episode 3: Welcome to the furniture store

We Got Married:Gay Season 2

The show opened up to Tao waiting in front of the apartment building that he and Niel moved into. Tao was tapping his foot and pouting while wearing an expensive looking puffer jacket.

Niel showed up wearing a long scarf. “I’m sorry that I took so long to get here. Have you been waiting long?”

“Yes, don’t do that again!” Tao whined. “We received a mission card. I waited for you to show up so we could read it together.” Tao ripped open the envelope.

Tao and Niel,

As you noticed, your apartment is empty. Here are 20 stickers for you to use as you shop for furniture and decorations.

“We only had a bed, a dining table and some chairs. We had all of our kitchen appliances. Did you bring any decorations? I didn’t.” Niel said.

“I brought along this line where we can hang up the best selcas we take together.” Tao said, softening up. “Do you take a lot of selcas?”

“Not really. I can take selcas if that’s what you want.” Niel said.

Tao let out a smile. “Let’s go. I have my car with me.”

The camera cut to Niel and Tao inside of Tao’s car.

“This is a nice car.” Niel said as he fastened his seatbelt.

“Thank you. Don’t worry I’m a great driver.”

The camera cut to Niel and Tao entering a store.

“See, the car ride wasn’t so bad.” Tao said grabbing a cart and starting to push it.

“It wasn’t. I’m sorry that I doubted you, Gege.” Niel said.

Tao squealed. “It’s OK, Honey.” Tao grabbed Niel’s arm and locked it with his as he pushed the cart down the store.

Tao stopped when he spotted a lamp that meant to mimic a chandelier. “Honey, what do you think of this?”

Niel hesitated. “It’s not my style really...”

“That’s OK. We don’t need to buy it anyway.” Tao continued on forward.

Niel watched as Tao left and looked down at the stickers he was holding. He put one on the lamp. By the time Niel caught up with Tao, Tao already had a picture frame inside the cart and was placing a sticker on a white faux leather chesterfield.

“How do you like the chesterfield?” Tao asked.

“Whatever you like is fine, Gege.” Niel said.

The camera cut to Niel being interviewed.

Why did you go back for the lamp?

Niel sighed. “I don’t know. I felt bad that I wasn’t able to do something he wanted. I felt like I was a bad husband.”

Do you wish that Tao asked for your opinions more during the shopping?

“I think it’s best if Tao was in control of the decoration of the house. He has a very good sense of style and it’s not like the house is going to be over the top.”

The camera cut to Tao being interviewed.

Why didn’t you ask Niel for his opinions?

“You saw how he stayed behind for a little bit! I had to continue on with the shopping because I didn’t know how long he would be!”

But isn’t it a bit unfair to him since it is also his apartment?

“Marriage is about compromise. There are plenty of other opportunities for Niel to share his thoughts. I’m going to be a good husband. I’m already a good husband.”

 

The camera cut to Hyuna and Amber standing in front of their apartment building. Amber was holding a mission card. “Let’s see what this says.” Amber said as she opened the card.

Dear Amber and Hyuna,

Your apartment is looking empty so please go shopping to get everything you need to build your life. Here are twenty stickers for you to use.

“Don’t we get the things we need for our apartment at a house-warming party?” Hyuna asked. “What’s the point of shopping if we’re going to be having a house-warming party?”

“But what if we don’t have a house-warming party? None of the other couples from last season had one.” Amber said.

“That’s because they didn’t want to throw one.”

“Do you want to throw one?”

“Not really.” Hyuna said, acting cuter by the minute. “I just want to spend all of my time with you.”

Amber pressed her lips together trying not to smile. “Alright, we don’t need to throw a house-warming party.”

The camera cut to Amber and Hyuna inside another furniture store. “Baby, come look at this!” Hyuna said racing over to where there was a pile of heart shaped pillows.

Amber walked over to the pillows. Hyuna had already latched onto to a red shaped one. “Do you want to get some pillows?”

“I do. We should get them in red. Because of Red Light and Red.” Hyuna said.

Amber laughed. “We’re going to get called the Red Couple.”

“It’s better than Tao and Niel being the ert Couple.” Hyuna grabbed three red heart shaped pillows. “Is there a cart nearby?”

“Wait, while I get one.” Amber said jogging over to an empty cart and bringing it back to Hyuna.

Hyuna threw the pillows into the cart. “What other decorations should we buy? The house had all the furniture we needed right?”

“I think our table only had two chairs.” Amber said.

“But it’s not like we’re going to be having a bunch of people over. We have the chesterfield and we’ll buy those giant pillows so people can sit on the floor.” Hyuna said. She went into an aisle near where she found the heart shaped pillows. “I found the pillows I was talking about!”

Amber pushed the cart over. “Let me guess, we’re getting them in red.”

“Of course. Our chesterfield was black, so I think it will be nice together.” The pillows were plain, square and red. Hyuna grabbed four of them and slapped the sticker on them before placing them in the cart. ‘

“I think we should start buying things other than pillows. I saw a blender when I was grabbing the cart.” Amber said.

Hyuna scrunched up her nose. “I thought we had everything we needed for the kitchen.”

“We have a stove, a dishwasher, and fridge. We don’t have a blender; we can get a really fancy one because of the sticker. You can drink smoothies with your morning steak.”

“Hey! You’re going to be drinking the smoothie and eating the steak with me!”

The camera cut to Amber being interviewed.

You had this very love struck expression on your face while you were shopping?

“I did?” Amber slouched back in her seat. “I couldn’t help it. She just gets so cute when she’s excited.”

What happened to you saying you were a strong woman?

“I am but it’s Kim Hyuna. No woman can resist her and her charms.”

The camera cut to Hyuna being interviewed.

Amber said that you were very charming.

Hyuna put some of her hair in front of her face as an attempt to hide herself. “She’s charming herself too. She looked very cool when she went over to grab the cart for me.”

You mention the fact that both you and Amber have songs dealing with the colour red. Now that you’re married are you thinking about doing collaboration with Amber?

“Kick Hyunseung-oppa out of his job!” Hyuna said with a laugh.  “I don’t think I could be in another Troublemaker but maybe I could do a special stage with Amber at one point? Who knows but I don’t think I’m going to kick Hyunseung-oppa out of Troublemaker just yet.”

 

The camera cut to Hoya getting into the backseat of a car. Seo In Guk was already sitting there.

“Thank you for coming to get me.” Hoya said.

“It’s no problem. You don’t need to thank me. We’re married now.” In Guk said.

Hoya felt himself turning red. “I understand.”

“We should speak in dialect to one another.” In Guk said.

“Alright. We never picked out nicknames for each other.” Hoya said, already speaking in dialect.

“Are there any that you want in particular?” In guk asked, also speaking in dialect.

“I can call you Hyung, is that alright?”

In guk let out a sigh. “Hyung is perfect; I thought you were going to want to call me Oppa or something.”

“Don’t worry; I was scared that you would want me to call you Oppa. Heechul-hyung made me worried for the show.”

“I’ll call you My Love.” In guk said.

“My Love?”

“Did you want me to call you Chairman instead?” In guk teased.

“We need to get ready to go shopping for furniture. We can buy big things and just take them with us. There’s room in this car and I’m strong enough to carry the boxes.”

In guk squealed. “I’m glad you’re strong enough. Do you still work out as much as you used to back when we were filming?”

“Of course. Do you want to join me sometime?”

“Oh no, continue working out. I’ll be a supportive husband and make you lots of healthy food and get you from the gym.”

The camera cut to Hoya and In guk inside the furniture store. “I’ll go choose some pillows for the chesterfield; do you have anything you’re going to get?” In guk said giving one of the sheets of stickers to Hoya.

“I’ll get an armchair for the living room and a coffee table. The bed didn’t have any bedding. Do you want to pick that up?”

In guk nodded. “I’ll get the bedding.” He walked off in search of bedding and pillows.

The camera cut to Hoya looking between two armchairs. “Should I go with light blue or dark blue?” Hoya sighed. “Why is this so hard? I’ll take the dark blue.” He placed a sticker on the box that contained the dark blue armchair and started to pick it up to bring it back to the cart. He immediately placed it down.  He looked at the camera. “I can do this, don’t worry about me. I’m strong and fast.” He picked up the box again and with a grunt carried it and placed it in the cart. “I told you I could handle this.”

The camera cut In guk carrying a bedding set underneath his arm and a basket with two candles inside of it. “Candles are romantic right? Plenty of dramas use them and so do movies.” He stopped when he found the pillow section. “Why can’t I remember what colour were the pillows that we had in Reply 1997? I can’t even remember what colour the chesterfield was. I know the chesterfield we have in our apartment now is light green, so would brown go best with it?” He tried to ruffle his hair. “Gah, this is why when I lived alone I used my chesterfield as a place to put things. I didn’t have to bother with all of this.” In Guk grabbed two plain brown pillows and placed them in the cart.

The camera cut to In Guk being interviewed.

Are you trying to be romantic or is that how you usually are?

“I think I am trying. I want to have a romance and a marriage that is like a drama or a movie. I want to make it special and I think it would be cute if me and My Love tried to re-create scenes from dramas. It breaks the ice.”

Is My Love also something from a drama or film?

“It could be. But mostly I always thought if Joonhee and Yoonjae got together then My Love would be what Yoonjae would call Joonhee.”

The camera cut to Hoya being interviewed.

Seo In Guk is a really big fan of you working out.

“I am famous for that aren’t I?” Hoya said, a bit cocky. “Everyone knows that I have a good body and am good at physical activities.” He paused. “That makes me sound like I’m Niel or Tao but please don’t take it that way. I’m not like them.”

How do you want your marriage life to be like?

“I don’t want something normal. The whole point of the show is live marriage but at the same time since it’s not real marriage can’t you do crazy things that you would never do in a real marriage? Like special events or something from dramas?”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am so sorry that this story hadn't been updated in forever. I got majorly busy and had no time whatsoever but now I am back and I have so much more free-time so please look forward for updates. I really am enjoying writing this story and it's fun to see what I can do for these three couples and make them different from the three from the first season.

Also, I'm still undecided on whether it's In Guk or In guk but by next chapter his name will be uniformed.

<3 Smooches <3