Episode 1: Welcome to the second season

We Got Married:Gay Season 2

The screen was black until pink lettering appeared on the screen telling the message.

We Got Married: Gay was the variety show that could. Despite more than a few cases of opposition, the country fell in love with the couples. When they laughed, we laughed, when they cried, so did we. We said goodbye with a heavy heart but knew that We Got Married: Gay was going to come back. And here it is, three new couples that are willing to prove that marriage in any variation is beautiful.

The show opened up to Seo In Guk opening the door of his apartment. “Oh, so you guys are here already. When I got the text message that you guys were coming I thought you were farther away.” In Guk gave an embarrassed smile and led the crew into his apartment. His apartment was just as messy as ever but there was a spot on the chesterfield that In Guk took and sat down as he was handed a mission card. He opened the mission card and read it.

Congratulations on getting married! You are now a married man and now you need to learn more about your husband. Your husband, however, is a very busy and popular idol. Thankfully, in marriage your husband will be able to enjoy things more. Take the train to Busan and be prepared to meet him.

“What does this mean my husband already knows who I am?” In guk asked. The camera crew nodded. “But I don’t know? How am I supposed to call my mom and tell her I’m getting married then?” The camera crew shrugged. In guk pulled out his cell phone and dialled a number. He waited and the phone picked up. “Hello Mom? I’m getting married.” In guk set the phone to loudspeaker.

“That’s great! Is she pregnant?” In guk’s mom asked.

“Mom!” In guk whined. “It’s not a woman. It’s a man.”

“Did you drunkenly decide to adopt a child and move to another country?”

“Mom! Not everyone is like you.”

“I know son. So who is it?”

“I don’t know.”

“Wow, you are like me and your father.”

“Mom!” The amount of whining In guk did was not healthy. “I’m filming We Got Married. I’m going to meet my husband. I need to take the train to Busan to be able to meet him.”

“Busan? That’s great! You’ll be able to speak in dialect to one another. You’ll be a real Gyeongsang-do couple!” In guk’s mom said with enthusiasm.

“Mom, I have to hang up now.” In guk whined one last time before hanging up the phone. He looked at the camera straight on. “Husband, wait for me.”

The camera cut to Infinite at a fan-singing, talking and laughing with their fans before it showed them inside their bus. “Ah, it’s great to be here in Busan with all our Inspirits.” Woohyun said to the camera. “Especially now, that in Busan one of us will be staying.”

“Wait, are they going to be living here in Busan?” Sunggyu said confused, he turned and looked at another camera-man. “I thought that WGM was based in Yongin.”

The cameraman spoke up. “The regular WGM is based in Yongin. This season the couples aren’t living in the Village anymore because then the regular WGM couples would have nowhere to go.”

Infinite let out a series of whines. “You can’t do that!” Dongwoo said. “Just because they’re not like the other couples doesn’t mean you can take away their home.”

“Where is Hoya-hyung going to live with In guk-hyung? Where are we going to visit?” Sungjong asked.

Hoya turned around in his seat and looked at Sungjong. “Why is it when something relates to you guys, it’s the only time you care about my marriage.”

Woohyun began to speak. “Hoya-hyung, you’re an OK guy and all but you’re awkward. We need to visit to make sure you’re handling it OK.”

Hoya turned bright red. “I can handle marriage just fine. In guk-hyung is going to love me either way.”

“What kind of couple names are you going to give to each other?” Sungyeol asked. “What if he makes you call him ‘Oppa’? “

“Then I won’t do it. I have my pride on the line.” Hoya said. The camera showed their car pulling up in front of the train station. Infinite got out of the car and began to wait.

“What if he stands you up?” Sungyeol asked after they had already been waiting for a while.

“He’s not going to stand me up.” Hoya said confidently. “Is he?”

A train pulled into the station. Romantic music began to play as the door opened and the first person to step out was In guk with a small suitcase.

“Hello, we are Infinite.” Infinite greeted.

In guk watched with an amused expression on his face. “Are one of you my husband?”

“Yes but I think you know which one of us is the correct answer.” Sunggyu said.

“Joonhee.” In guk said coming closer to Hoya.

“Yoonjae.” Hoya replied.

The rest of Infinite made vomiting motions.

“Are we married?” In guk asked.

“Yes. I am going to be your husband.” Hoya said. “Do you want to leave them? Have you eaten? We could get lunch.”

“Go and be married.” Sungyeol said pushing Hoya and In guk away from the group.

“Please look after our Hoya!” Sungjong yelled as Hoya and In guk started to get farther away.

The camera cut to Hoya being interviewed.

Are you excited to start your marriage?

“Yes. I’ve known In guk-hyung for a while and we’re friends so it would be interesting to see how our relationship changes because we’re married.”

The camera cut to In guk being interviewed.

How are your feelings toward your marriage?

“I feel excited. If I had to be fake married to someone it is better that it’s someone I know and I’m friends with. I don’t think we’ll be an awkward couple. We’ll be real.”

 

The camera cut to Tao standing in front of an open door leading to a practice room in the SM building. “Good, I’ve been waiting for you to arrive. Where’s my mission card?” Tao demanded.

The red enveloped mission card was handed to him and Tao let out a high pitched squeal and ran inside.

“My mission card arrived! I get to see who my husband is.” Tao announced to the rest of EXO, all of them watching Tao tear open the mission card.

Tao, you are now a married man.

Your husband will be meeting you at this location.

“That’s it? I don’t get anything longer?” Tao asked.

“It’s good to have a mystery. If they revealed too much on the mission card, you would guess it right away. Or spend the whole entire ride to the meeting location trying to match up celebrities with the description given.” Xiumin said. “What if discovered who your husband was before the meeting and were disappointed by it?”

“Da-ge, were you disappointed by your husband?” Tao asked.

“At first, I was but now I actually miss being married to Heechul-hyung.” Xiumin said. “Sometimes when I see him around I feel like we’re still married.”

“Is that why you’re calling him Heechul-hyung for the cameras? Every time you talk about him you always call him ‘Oppa’.” Chen said.

“It’s better than D.O sneaking out to meet with Ryeowook-hyung.” Chanyeol said.

D.O hit Chanyeol in the arm. “When do I sneak out to meet with Giraffe?”

“All the time. We hear you coming in late at night back the dorm and you’re always smiling. Your phone always has a message coming from ‘Giraffe’.” Chanyeol said.

“But you don’t make fun of Baekhyun?” D.O pointed to Baekhyun. “When he sees Daehyun, he runs over to him. He acts like they’ve been separated for four thousand centuries.”

“I wish my marriage would be like the ones you had. My husband will like me right?” Tao asked.

“I’m sure he will. You two will be happy together.”

The camera cut to Teen Top’s dorm. Niel was putting on a pair of sneakers when he noticed the cameras. He bowed. “Hello, who let you in?” he asked as he was handed a mission card.

“I did.” L.Joe said coming into the camera’s focus. “I want to say thank you for getting married. I’m looking forward to being able to have a room to myself.”

“I’m looking forward to leaving.” Niel read the mission card.

You’re getting married! Make sure you have everything for your first meeting with your husband at this location.

“What does it mean by everything? Should I have bought something?” Niel asked.

“You should buy something. Buy a couple item.” C.A.P said.

“What kind of couple item? Cell phone cases?” Niel asked to no one in particular. “But I don’t know what kind of cell phone he has. On my way to the location, I’ll buy couple earphones.”

“How can earphones be a couple item?” Chunji said.

“If we have the same one then doesn’t that make it a couple item? I’ll buy earphones in one colour for me and then in another colour for my husband.” Niel said. “If my husband truly loves me he won’t care that they’re earphones.”

The camera cut to Tao getting out of a car and looking around at his surroundings. He pulled out the mission card and read it again, before walking down the sidewalk. He stopped when he got closer to a café and noticed who was coming in the opposite direction. He let out a laugh. “Hello!” He said with a wave and then a bow.

The person was Niel, who walked closer to Tao until he was in front of him before bowing. “Hello. Are you husband?”

“I guess so. We’re getting married after going on a blind date together. I think this is the first time a blind date that was arranged on WGM got married.” Tao said with a wide smile.

“I think the directions were to this café. I’m not hungry or thirsty but do you want to go in?” Niel asked.

“I ate before I came. We can walk around the neighbourhood.” Tao suggested.

Niel nodded. “Before we start walking, I have something for you.” Niel reached into the bag that he brought with him and pulled out a case of earphones. “They’re couple earphones. I don’t know what colours you’d want, so I got green for you and blue for me. Do you want to switch?”

Tao squealed. “I can’t believe you bought me a present. I’m OK with the green.” Niel handed the earphone case to Tao. “It has a heart on it too. Thank you so much.”

Niel blushed and zipped his bag. “It’s no problem.” Tao and Niel began to walk up the sidewalk quietly as the café got further behind them. “We should decide what we’ll call each other.” Niel said as they walked.

“You can call me, Gege.” Tao said.

“Gege?” Niel pronounced the word carefully.

“It means hyung in Chinese.” Tao explained.

“OK, Gege.” Niel said more confidently.

“What should I call you?” Tao asked.

“You can just call me Niel. Or Niel-ah, if you want.”

Tao whined. “That’s so simple though. Everyone calls you Niel. I want to call you something different.” Tao let out a hmmh before answering. “I’ll call you Honey.”

Niel froze in his tracks at the word. “You know that word? It’s something that only married couples call each other.”

“We are married, aren’t we? Plus, I heard it a lot in dramas and so I wanted to get a chance to use it. I think it suits you, Honey.” Tao said, gently nudging Niel’s shoulder.

Niel laughed. “Alright, so we’re Gege and Honey.”

The camera cut to Niel being interviewed.

Many of your members expressed fear to us that you would be as violent to your husband as you were to them.

“They did? Aish, after all these years and I still can’t rely on them.” Niel cleared his throat and re-adjusted himself in the chair. “I won’t treat Gege, like that. He’s not one of my members, he’s my husband.”

Did you think during your blind date that you would end up married?

“The goal for most blind dates is to eventually get married to that person, right? So me and Gege had a successful blind date. I enjoyed our blind date, so I’m happy that I get to be married to him.

The camera cut to Tao being interviewed.

You’re famous for having the personality of a teenage girl. Will that affect your marriage?

Tao gave an embarrassed chuckle. “I just want a happy marriage life. I want couple items, which we already have, a nice house together, for both of us to earn lots of money and have a locket at Namsan Tower. I don’t think that’s very teenage girl like.”

At your blind date did you like it enough that you thought you would want to be married to Niel?

“I’ve been a fan of Teen Top. It’s why the blind date between me and Honey was set up. I’ve always wanted to meet him and get to know him more. I’m very happy about our blind date turning into a marriage.”

 

The camera cut to Hyuna standing in a convenience store aisle, nervously. “Is my wife here yet?” she asked when she spotted the camera. “Did the mission card bring here to another place? Am I in the wrong place? Were we supposed to meet at a different store? But I really like this convenience store. I’ll wait a little longer.”

The camera cut to Hyuna being interviewed.

Why did you choose to wait at a convenience store?

“I really like them. I think it’s a well known fact about me and I wanted to share that with my wife. I hope our marriage can include lots of visits to the convenience store. I hope our house is close-by to one!”

The camera cut to Amber sitting in the backseat of a car with a bouquet of roses on her lap. She had an un-opened mission card in her hands. “I should open it, shouldn’t I?”she opened the mission card and read.

You’re meeting your new wife at a convenience store! Your marriage begins now!

“Wait, if we’re going to a convenience store then is my wife?” Amber covered her face as she began to laugh. “It has to be her right? There is no one else it could be.”

The car eventually pulled up to the convenience store and Amber got out carrying the bouquet with her. She entered the convenience store and began to look around for her wife when she came across Hyuna.

“Hello.” Hyuna waved before bowing.

“Why are we so awkward now? We’re friends; we shouldn’t be this awkward with each other.” Amber said jokingly. “These are for you.” She gave Hyuna the bouquet.

“Thank you.” Hyuna said. “I didn’t know it would be you. Did you know it was going to be me?”

“On SNS, a lot of people were telling me it was going to be with you. I believed there was a chance it could be you but I also knew that I shouldn’t believe it blindly.”

Hyuna smelled the flowers. “These are really nice. Do you want to pick up some snacks?”

“Sure thing, Wifey.” Amber said.

“Wifey?” Hyuna repeated the English word looking at Amber quizzically.

“It’s a way to say wife in English.” Amber explained. “Except it’s more informal and it’s used by younger people.”

“If I’m wifey then what should I call you?” Hyuna asked. “Is there an English nickname that you want me to call you? I’ve only ever called you Amber.”

Amber thought for a moment. “You can call me, I don’t know either. I don’t mind whatever nickname you choose for me.”

“What about Baby?” Hyuna said ‘baby’ in English and laughed as soon as the word left .

“Alright, I’m someone’s baby. This is going on SNS as soon as possible.” Amber said.

They walked around the convenience store and picked up snacks and drinks before sitting at table outside.

The camera cut to Amber being interviewed.

You and Hyuna were friends before WGM started, How do you think your friendship is going to affect your marriage? 

“I feel less awkward about the show because she’s my wife and I think she feels the same way. Our friendship will show in our marriage.”

The camera cut to Hyuna being interviewed.

How do you feel about the fact that Amber is your wife?

“I like it.” Hyuna gave a thumbs-up. “A show like this is much better if you get married to someone you’re comfortable with.”