Episode 4: Welcome to the ice rink

We Got Married:Gay Season 2

The show opened up to Tao and Niel entering their apartment building. Niel was carrying a wrapped gift. “Thank you for the holiday wishes and greetings.” Tao said as he opened the door to the apartment.

“Oh, no problem. Did you have a nice holiday?” Niel asked. The apartment had since been decorated with all the furniture and decorations they had bought.

“I did. How about you?”

“It was nice. I bought this for you. I know it’s already past Christmas but I hope you like it.” Niel handed the present to Tao.

Tao smiled and opened the present excitedly. It was a scarf. “Thank you so much.” Tao wrapped the scarf around himself and pulled out his cell phone. “Take a selca with me. I want to put this on SNS.”

Niel stood on the left of Tao and smiled as Tao took the picture. Tao messed around with his phone for a bit and typed something before putting it away. “Did you upload it?”

“I did. I’m sure everyone will love it. When we go on trips, we’re going to take so many pictures together.” Tao sat down on the new white faux-leather chesterfield.

Niel sat next to him. “Do you like going on trips?”

Tao nodded. “I want to see more of Korea. I’ve only really been in Seoul and when we go to other cities, we really don’t get to spend that much time in them. I’ve always wanted to go vacation in Jeju-do. Isn’t that where everyone goes on their honeymoon?”

“You want to go to Jeju-do for our honeymoon?” Niel asked. “I’ve always wanted to honeymoon somewhere like the Maldives.”

“What about Hawaii?”

“I’ve been there before to shoot a music video. I think the Maldives would be a much better honeymoon spot.” Niel said.

“Alright, we can go to the Maldives. We should also go to Namsan Tower. I’ve only been there three times.” Tao said.

“If you’ve been there three times, then why do you want to go again?”

“Because the third time was with my group members and the first two I was alone. I’ve never been with my husband. Isn’t the whole point to go with someone that you’re dating so you can put a lock on together?” Tao spoke as if this was obvious.

“I guess so. Since it’s wintertime, we should do something that you can only do in the winter.”

“How about ice-skating? The rink is open all year round but it’s much better if we go during the winter.”

“Do you want to go today? We don’t have a mission card to do, so I guess we can do whatever.” Niel said. Tao quickly jumped off the chesterfield, grabbed Niel’s hand and led him out of the door.

The camera cut to them in the ice-skating rink. “Do you know how to skate?” Niel asked as they tied their skates up.

“I think I’m good enough. I have a lot of balance because of wushu. Do you know how to skate?”

“I haven’t skated much but I should be OK.” Niel looked around the rink. “There are a lot more people here than I thought would be.”

“It’s OK, Honey. Everyone in the country knows we’re newlyweds. No one is going to interrupt us.” Tao said grabbing Niel’s hand and pulling him onto the ice. Tao was managing to maintain his balance while Niel had yet to take his other hand off of the rink’s wall. Tao let go of Niel’s hand and began to skate forward by himself. “Aren’t you going to follow me?” Tao called back to Niel.

“Be strong, Niel. You can do this.” Niel said letting go of the wall and making his way towards Tao. He got close enough to touch Tao on the shoulder but Tao suddenly moved causing Niel to fall and bring Tao down with him.

“Aish, seriously.” Tao said dusting his knees off and standing up. He helped pull Niel up from the ground. “We should tell each other if we need to hold onto one another or else we’ll just keep falling down every time.”

“Alright.” Niel replied. “But that means you have to tell me when you’re going to hold onto me.”

Tao rolled his eyes. “Of course. Do you think I would just grab on without telling?”

The camera cut to Tao and Niel skating side by side, someone else came and accidentally bumped Tao on the shoulder. Tao quickly grabbed onto to Niel to steady himself but ended up falling down and brining Niel with him.

“Gege, you said you weren’t the type to grab on without warning!” Niel said on the floor. 

“I didn’t know that also mattered when some stranger decides to bump into me.” Tao said. “It’s because we’ve just started skating. Next time neither of us will fall down.”

The camera showed a quick montage of Tao and Niel falling on the ice and taking the other one with them. The camera stopped the montage and showed them on the floor of the ice rink, the other skaters paying no attention to them.

“Yah, we should stop skating.” Tao said.

“We’ve should have gone to Namsan Tower.”

“Are you OK? Do you have any bruises or anything?” Tao asked.

“No, I’m fine what about you?”

“I’m OK. I didn’t want you to have to attend any schedules with bruises.” Tao said.

“Thank you for the concern.” Niel said.

The camera cut to Niel being interviewed.

What was ice-skating with Tao like?

“It was exactly what I was imagining it to be. We probably will never go ice-skating again. With each other and with other people.”

How did it feel when Tao asked you if you were OK? You looked pretty touched by it.

“In a way, I was. Maybe it’s because Gege isn’t the type of person that seemed like he would do something like that or if it was because he just seemed so much like a husband in that moment but I just felt really affected by it.

 

The camera cut to Hyuna in the kitchen of the apartment with an iPad on the kitchen counter. “Ah, why is this recipe so hard? Why do smoothies nowadays need to be so complicated?” She put a hand in her hair. “I’m going to go crazy.”

“Go crazy with what?” Amber asked coming into the kitchen. “Are you making something?”

“Sit down!” Hyuna said in English leading Amber to the living room and sitting her down on the chesterfield. “Relax.” She continued in English.

“Why are you speaking in English?” Amber asked.

Hyuna switched to Korean. “I asked my members for a Korean-English dictionary for Christmas. I wanted to communicate with you better.”

“Aw, thank you Wifey.” Amber made a move to get up and hug Hyuna.

“No!” Hyuna said in English. “Relax.” Hyuna reached behind the chesterfield and held up a blanket. “Here, warm.” Hyuna spread the blanket over Amber. “Now, up and wait.” Amber stood up while Hyuna left and went down the hallway. Hyuna came back with a chair that Amber had never seen before. “Sit.”

Amber sat down on the new chair. “What is this?”

Hyuna said nothing and instead handed Amber a remote and pressed a button on it. The chair began to vibrate. “Surprise! Massage chair.”

“Wifey! You didn’t have to do this. I’m taking a selca.”

Hyuna smiled, pleased with herself. “OK, I’m going to the kitchen to try and make smoothies.” Hyuna said in Korean.

Amber held her phone up making sure to get the full extent of the chair as much as she could and the blanket. She took the picture. “Getting spoiled by the Wifey.” She said in English and captioned the picture at that.

Hyuna brought out the smoothie and gave it to Amber.

Amber drank some of it. “This is good. Is it chocolate?”

“It’s supposed to taste like chocolate and strawberries.” Hyuna said, dropping the speaking in English bit.

Amber drank some more. “Now I’m getting more of the strawberry. But why did you do all of this? Did something happen?”

“Can’t I do something nice for my wife? Tomorrow you can do something nice and make steak for breakfast.”

“Don’t you want to do something else? We can go to the movies? Or do you want to go shopping or the aquarium?” Amber suggested.

“We can do all of those things after we eat steak for breakfast. Amber-ya, let’s just have steak once?”

“OK, we can have steak once for breakfast but other than we can eat something else or go out to eat. There are so many restaurants around the neighbourhood.”

Hyuna sat on the chesterfield. “I wish we had a couple this season like Ryeowook-oppa and D.O. Then we could go to their house and eat steak for breakfast.”

“None of the boys seem that good at cooking. I know that Tao can’t cook. Tao can eat though.” Amber said.

“I’ll work hard so that we can go out to eat every day.” Hyuna said.

The camera cut to Amber being interviewed.

How did it feel to be spoiled by Hyuna?

“It was great! Isn’t that what everyone wants their wife to do for them? The smoothie was good too.

Are you going to keep  your promise of making steak for breakfast?

“If I don’t, can’t you already picture what Hyuna is going to do to me? She wouldn’t let it go. If I don’t make steak at least once for her before the show is over then the rest of my life she’ll remind me of that fact.

The camera cut to Hyuna being interviewed.

What made you decide to plan something special for Amber?

“A wife is supposed to take care of her other wife! If you treat people nicely then they’ll treat you nicely.”

Do you want to eat steak that badly for breakfast?

“It’s one of my fantasies about marriage. Doesn’t everybody have one? Why are people treating mine like it’s something weird?”

The camera cut to Seo In Guk holding a gift wrapped box and opening the door to the apartment. “My love, are you here?” In Guk called out walking in more to the apartment.

“Oh, Hyung I didn’t even hear you come in. Do we have a mission card?” Hoya asked greeting In Guk. Hoya was dressed very casual in sweatpants.

“No, I got you a present.” In Guk handed the box over to Hoya.

“Thank you.” Hoya said before opening it. The gift was a pair of mittens. Hoya slid them on. “They’re very warm.”

“I’m glad you like them. Here, give me your hand.” In Guk asked. Hoya placed his hand in In Guk’s. In Guk placed Hoya’s hand inside his jacket, near his heart. “In here there is only you.”

Hoya stared down at the ground, face red, before looking at In Guk. “Is that the quote from-”Hoya let out a laugh.

“What? Did I do something wrong? Do you not like that movie?” In Guk asked with a whine.

“No, I like it. I just didn’t think that you would do something like that.”

“I thought it would be a romantic way to give you your mittens.”

“It was. I really do like it, Hyung.” Hoya said.

“It’s OK. What do you want to do today?” In Guk asked.

“Do you want to go the gym? We can work out together.”

“But it’s too cold to work out.” In Guk said.

“The gym has heating!”

“I have a wish that I want to know if you can grant.” In Guk said.

“What’s the wish?”

“You know how on TV and in movies, and even other seasons of WGM, one person carries the other person...” In Guk trailed off.

Hoya made a face. “I can do that. No problem. I’ll carry you through the doorway of the bedroom.” Hoya took off the mittens and placed them into the pocket of his sweatpants. Hoya moved to stand to the side of In Guk and steadied himself before picking In Guk up.

In Guk squealed as Hoya carried him around the apartment and to the bedroom, putting him down on the ground.

“Did you like your wish?” Hoya asked.

“You really are as strong as you were during Reply 1997.”

“Of course, I’m even stronger. Every year, my workout regime increases and I practice even more sports. I want my chest to be comfortable for when you hug me.”

In Guk touched Hoya’s chest lightly. “It did get even firmer.”

The camera cut to In Guk being interviewed.

Why did you want Hoya to carry you?

“It’s something you always see and I know it’s something that he would want to do even if he didn’t say it out loud. Plus, I really enjoy Hoya’s strength.”

Do you like Hoya’s body that much?

“Hoya has a good body! I’m not being weird or anything.” In Guk said. “It’s known that he has one of the best bodies out of all the idols. It’s why he’s called the Chairman. Just the look of his muscles when he’s wearing a shirt is no joke.”

The camera cut to Hoya being interviewed.

You seemed a bit awkward when Seo In Guk was re-creating the scene.

“Really? I thought I was being normal. Maybe I am as awkward as my members say.” Hoya trailed off. “But to me, it was a nice surprise. I didn’t know that In Guk was that much of a romantic. Sunggyu-hyung once tried to re-create that scene and it didn’t go as well as In Guk’s did. Maybe he ruined that movie for me...”

You looked very cool carrying Seo In Guk.

Hoya cleared this throat. “Thank you. My strength isn’t just useful for doing sports. It makes me a better husband as well.”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Happy 2015 everyone! I hope the start of the year has been good to you.

I also have a new story out called Canadian Higher Learning  It is a Xiuris University!AU and also a Canadian!AU. Please feel free to check it out.

I hope you all enjoyed this chapter and don't forget to comment.