Episode 6: Welcome to the gym

We Got Married:Gay Season 2

The show opened up to Amber and Hyuna sitting in the backseat of a car.

“It’s finally my turn to take you to the places where I usually go.” Hyuna said, excited.

“Tell me, you liked the tacos right? They were the best tacos I ever had in Seoul.” Amber said.

“The tacos were good but you’re going to like this place even more.”

“What type of restaurant is it?”

“It’s not a restaurant. It’s a mall. There’s this vendor that I really want you to meet.”

“You’re not going to try and put me in a dress or anything right?” Amber asked.

Hyuna shook her head. “No! I like the way you dress. You look very attractive. Especially today, your sneakers go really well with your jeans. You should wear sneakers like that more often.”

Amber looked down at her feet as the camera got a close-up. She was wearing floral print on top of solid black colour sneakers. “Thank you, I think the floral makes it a bit more feminine.”

“When we take our wedding pictures, we should change our style. You can wear a really y dress and I’ll wear a tuxedo.”

“You spend so much time talking about how Tao and Niel are erts but then you say you want to see me in a y dress?”

Hyuna whined. “It’s different. It’s not being overly erted. Everyone wants to see their wife in a y dress. You should wear something y at least once so everyone can say how y Hyuna’s wife is and then I’ll have to defend you from the comments.”

“My super heroine.” Amber teased.

“It’s because you’re my damsel in distress.” Hyuna teased back.

They arrived at the mall and Hyuna excitedly began leading Amber to a small kiosk/table set up with various pieces of jewellery. “This is an unnie that I go to a lot. I think it would be nice if we got couple rings.” Hyuna explained.

“Hello,” Amber greeted the woman behind the kiosk.

“Unnie, this is my wife Amber.” Hyuna introduced them. The woman behind the kiosk gave a slight bow. Hyuna turned to Amber. “Do you want to get couple rings for sure or do you want to get something else? Unnie also does bracelets.”

“I think we should just get rings. That way we can always wear them.”

 “You’re right. You’re going to the army soon aren’t you?” Hyuna asked.

“I am but it won’t be for a while. We’ll have plenty of time to enjoy being married.”

Hyuna surveyed the collection of rings that were on display. She chose two plain silver bands and handed them to the woman before turning to Amber. “What should we get them engraved with? Should we use our real names so when you go the army everyone will know who you’re married to?”

Amber laughed. “I think everyone will know that I’m married to you even without having your name on a ring. I’m going to be the most envied soldier in the army. There’s going to be pictures of you everywhere and everyone is going to be jealous that I’m married to the actual Hyuna.”

Hyuna turned red. “Why do you say things like that? People are jealous of me too. There are a lot of people that like you. When you’re gone I’m going to decorate all of Cube with your pictures and always say how much I miss you.”

“I’m so sorry for you to hear this.” Amber told the woman behind the kiosk. “It’s because this is our first time shopping at a mall since we got married. We’re normally not this cheesy.”

“I’ll get my ring to say Amber on it but make it in the English alphabet.”

“Then my ring can be Hyuna.” Amber said.

“Make that using the English alphabet too!” Hyuna said. “I want to make it match mine.” Hyuna said.

The woman worked on the rings and soon enough they were completed. She handed them to Amber and Hyuna. Hyuna held her ring up to the camera, showing what was engraved inside. “See, it says Amber.”

The camera cut to Amber being interviewed.

How did it feel to have Hyuna take you somewhere?

“It was really nice. I went somewhere that meant a lot to her and I felt happy that she was sharing that part of her life with me.” Amber paused for a moment. “Although, there is something that I always see happening during WGM that I didn’t get a chance to try when we went to get our rings. I wanted to ask the unnie there if Amber had ever brought another girl to get rings with her.”

The camera cut to Hyuna being interviewed.

Amber wanted to know if you had ever brought another girl with you to get rings

“I would never do something like that. The only other girls I brought to the kiosk with me were my members. Amber’s the first person I ever went there to get couple rings with.”

Are you going to wear your couple ring all the time?

“Of course! Even if it doesn’t go with my outfit I’m going to. I’m also going to be checking if Amber is wearing hers.”

The camera cut to Tao and Niel sitting on their chesterfield watching TV. The doorbell rang.

“It’s your turn to get it.” Niel said not taking his eyes away from the TV.

“No, I thought I got it last time.” Tao said. “Did you invite someone over?”

Niel shook his head. “No. Also, my members aren’t the type to do surprise visits for you. Maybe it’s someone from EXO.”

“It can’t be EXO either. They all had schedules for today. It’s probably a mission card.”

“Do you think the writer-noonas will get mad at us if we don’t answer the door and don’t have a mission card?” Niel asked.

“Wouldn’t that cut out our segment of the show?”

“They can’t cut it out completely. Our fans would complain.” Niel said looking at Tao directly.

Tao huffed and got up from the chesterfield and open the door. He closed the door and came back holding a mission card envelope. He opened it.

Dear Tao and Niel,

Fans have recently taken to calling you the Childish Couple. Why don’t you do something that shows off how childish you can be? There’s a lot of snow on the ground, why not spend a day together outside?

Niel groaned. “Why do we have to go outside again? Don’t they realize that we aren’t made to be doing all these physical dates?”

“I don’t think we actually have to do it. In the card they sounded like they were only giving us suggestions.” Tao said. “They’re going to make us do it.”

The camera cut to Tao and Niel at a park. Tao and Niel were both dressed for the weather with Tao in panda earmuffs and Niel in a plain purple beanie. “Where did you get those earmuffs?” Niel asked.

“A fan gave them to me.” Tao’s voice was slightly obscured by his scarf. “Where did you get your beanie?”

“I bought it at some store in the mall.”

“It looks good on you.” Tao said. Tao looked around the park. “What are we suppose to do with all this snow?”

Niel quietly and undecteded by Tao began to form a snowball in his hands. It wasn’t a very big one but still enough to make an impact if the other person wasn’t aware that you were going to be throwing it. He backed a few steps away from Tao and threw the snowball.

Tao let out a shriek as the snowball came into contact with his jacket. “Did you just throw something at me?”

“It’s a snowball. We can have a snowball fight. That’s something childish.”

“But next time you should give a warning before we start.” Tao whined.

“You can throw a snowball at me and I won’t duck. I’ll just stand here and let it hit me.” Niel said.

Tao bent down and began to form a decently sized snowball in his hands. After he was done forming it, he threw straight into the direction of Niel’s face.

Niel grimaced after the snowball had hit his face and brush some snow off of his face. “Now we start the real fight.”

Tao and Niel continued to throw snowballs at one another. They never threw them lightly or stopped and asked to go easy on one another. They had a proper snowball fight.

Niel laughed after a snowball hit him on the side. “Aren’t we supposed to make this romantic in some way?”

“But if it’s romantic, then it wouldn’t be a snowball fight.” Tao replied.

“I thought you were the type that would want to do something romantic in the snow.’

“I do. I have a lot of want for romantic things but I’m also a man and I want to show how good I am at snowball fights.”

“But I’m pretty sure I’m winning.”

Tao scoffed. “How can you be winning? You’re covered in more snow than I am!”

“Just because I’m covered in more snow doesn’t mean I’m losing! It only means that you’re throwing bigger snowballs! It says nothing about the accuracy!”

The camera cut to Niel being interviewed.

Why do you think you and Tao are childish?

“I didn’t know we came across as childish until I read that mission card. I think it’s just our personalities, we’re both young and sort of stubborn so I think it’s just how we come across.”

Did you enjoy having a snowball fight?

“I don’t know why the show keeps making us do physical activities! Why can’t they ever send us a mission card that says something like go watch a movie together?”

The camera cut to Tao being interviewed.

Do you find you and Niel to be a “Childish Couple”?

“We’re just being ourselves. I know that I may come off as childish and I’ll admit that to a point but I find Honey to be more childish than me. He’s the one who started the snowball fight in the first place.”

So you didn’t like the snowball fight?

“I liked it. I’m just sick and tired of going outside and doing all these physical activities. There are plenty of physical activities that we could do inside.” Tao paused. “I didn’t mean it like that! I know what all of you are thinking!”

The camera cut to Hoya and Seo In Guk at a gym. They were both dressed in workout gear but Hoya looked happier to be there than Seo In Guk.

“My Love, we didn’t have to go here. Look how empty it is. There’s no one working out at this time of day, people are going to think we’re weird.” In Guk said looking at the exit with a sad face.

“But if we came here when it was a time where most people work out you would complain that there are too many people and you would be self-conscious.”

Seo In Guk couldn’t say anything. It was true. “Why do we have to come work out anyways? We could eat out, there’s this restaurant that opened near Jellyfish’s office and I heard it’s really good. Why don’t we go there? I’ll buy you a meal.” Seo In Guk said heading for the exit.

“Come back here! And if I can remember the script correctly, I was the one that was meant to be treating you to a meal.”

Seo In Guk came back with his head hanging down low. “I’m just not in the mood to work out.”

“Don’t you have martial arts training? I think I saw in a program that you did that you learnt judo just because the studio had a lot of female celebrities going to it.” Hoy said. Hoya’s face morphed into one of disgust.

“That was before our marriage. I barely went to that studio anyway. It was only at the most two classes. I haven’t thought about it in a long time and while I was there I didn’t even run into any female celebrities.”

The camera cut to Hoya lying on a mat with his knees curled up. “Can you spot me while I do push-ups?”

Seo In guk nodded and kneeled in front of Hoya grabbing behind Hoya’s knees. “On TV, they always do this one thing…”

“When the person doing push-ups, every time they come up, they kiss the person that’s spotting them?” Hoya continued.

Seo In guk blushed and let out a cough. “Yes, that’s what they do.”

“But it wouldn’t make sense if I were to do that.” Hoya said.

“What do you mean it wouldn’t make sense?”

“I already know I can do the push-ups. You’re only meant to use rewards when you don’t know if the person can accomplish the task. Why don’t you do push-ups and if you can do them correctly, I’ll give you a kiss.”

Hoya stood up and Seo In Guk laid down on the mat. “My Love, are you sure this is a good idea? I don’t want to mess up your workout routine.” Seo In Guk said.

Hoya rolled his eyes. “Hyung, you’re not going to mess up anything. Just enjoy working out.”

Seo In Guk did one push-up. “So, do I get a kiss now?”

“You have to do them properly. It can’t even be a bit messy. It has to be the proper push-up.”

Seo In guk huffed and did three more push-ups, all of which failed to pass Hoya’s standards. “My Love, am I ever going to do a push-up that you’re going to count as one? Is this a plan for me to do more push-ups than I want to?”

“You weren’t complaining about judo when it was a gym that female celebrities went to.”

Seo In Guk sighed. “Are we going to have our first fight about this? It was before our marriage!” Seo In Guk re-adjusted himself and pushed himself up.

Hoya quickly kissed him on the lips.

Seo In Guk fell back down and bumped his head. “Ow.” he said sitting up and rubbing the back of his head.

“Are you okay?” Hoya asked.

“I’m fine. I wasn’t expecting a kiss that’s all.”

“But you did a proper push-up.” Hoya said. “You earned that kiss.”

The camera cut to Hoya being interviewed.

Why were you so serious when it came to Seo In Guk doing push-ups?

“Because I wanted him to have a proper workout. And I was a little bit jealous about he only joined a gym to meet female celebrities.”

Did you make him do extra because you didn’t want to kiss him?

“Of course not! I obviously wanted to kiss him.” Hoya paused with his mouth open. “Can we edit this?”

The camera cut to Seo In Guk being interviewed.

Did you think Hoya was being unfair when it came to push-ups?

“My Love is someone that takes working out very seriously. It was his idea to go to the gym in the first place, so I wasn’t too shocked. I just wished it was something easier than push-ups.”

How was the kiss? You had quite the shock.

Seo In guk touched his lips. “The kiss was nice. It was good goal to work to. I wonder if every time we’re going to work out, I’ll get a kiss at the end of it.”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First and foremost I owe you all an apology. I got very busy out of nowhere and had to put this story on the backburner. Funny thing is, when I got very busy, most of this chapter had been written, I was just too busy to write the last couple of pages.

SO I AM VERY SORRY FOR THIS. USUALLY I KNOW WHEN I'M GOING TO GET SWAMPED BUT THIS TIME IT CAME OUT OF NOWHERE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME.