~Six~

" Do You Love Me More Than Chicken? "

I poured another glass of soju for a man and slid it expertly across the counter. A hunched man caught it, dumped five won on the counter and downed the drink in one shot. Then, he drunkenly slid the glass back to me, asking for another shot.

 

" Sir, please. That's your tenth glass already. ", I tried to speak with him as I took the money, but he grunted angrily and demanded for another round.

 

Sighing, I poured him another cup and gave it to him. He dumped another five won onto my palm and downed his drink. Then, before I knew it, he hiccuped with a stupid smile showing horible yellow teeth and slumped to the floor unconscious.

 

" He is gonna have one hell of a headache tomorrow... ", I thought as I shook my head with a long sigh.

 

As I washed the cup and put it away, someone approached the counter. I looked up to see Eunnie in front of me with a sweet smile. I jumped back in surprise and calmed myself.

 

" Hi, oppa~! ", she chirped over the music.

 

" H--hey, Eunnie... Where... Where are your friends? ", I greeted half-heartedly.

 

" Went off with some random guys. anyway, oppa, why did you avoid me in school? I couldn't find you anywhere. ", said Eunnie, her eyes showing that she was clearly worried for me.

 

" I--I--I--Something...came up, that's...why... ",, I trailed off at the end.

 

Eunnie just stared into my eyes seriously as she took a seat at the counter directly in front of me. She put her hands on top of mine and held them tightly, but gently.

 

" C'mon, chicken oppa. I know you better than that. You're lying. Are you hiding something from me? ", she asked suspiciously.

 

" No! I mean, yes! Wait, what?! No, I'm not! No! Ehehe~ ", I laughed hysterically and nervously.

 

" Oppa... ", warned Eunnie.

 

I heaved out an exasperated sigh and looked at Eunnie.

 

" Let's talk outside. ", I said.

 

Nodding her head, Eunnie followed me out to the back of the club.

 

"The truth is...someone in my class loves you. He is a popular kingka in school who goes by the name of Lee Joon Kyung. He...told me...that he loves you and he's willing to do anything...to get you as his...girl...friend... ", I said, trailing off once more at the end.

 

Eunnie slipped my long shirt sleeves up to my elbows and looked sadly at the deep cut Joon Kyung inflicted on my wrist. She brought it up to her lips and placed a feathery kiss on the raised flesh as if trying to soothe it down.

Then, she hugged me tight. I could do nothing, but hug her back. I missed hugging her~

 

" Why didn't you tell me he did this to you? ", she asked in a whisper.

 

" I...I didn't want to trouble you. ", I confessed.  " Besides, you are a queenka and you deserve better people than me. "

 

" I don't care, oppa. You're my bestest friend in the whole wide world. ", said Eunnie as she pecked my cheek softly.

 

I smiled back at her, when suddenly, we heard a clatter of rubbish bins on the ground. Eunnie gasped and I hid her behind my back. A man with a  knife stepped out of the darkness and his sick smirk seemed to be directed at Eunnie, who immediately shrunk back in fear behind me.

 

" Hello, Ji Eun Mi. ", he said lowly.

 

" Wh--why are you here?! G--go away! ", she stammered as she held my shoulders in fear.

 

" Y--yah! Who are you?! ", I said, hoping my voice was fierce enough.

 

" No one of your concern. ", he said before rushing forward and plunging the knife in my arm.

 

" OPPA!!! ", I heard Eunnie scream as I crumpled to the ground in pain, holding my rapidly bleeding arm.

 

I looked to my right and saw Eunnie being dragged against her will by that bastard with the knife. She was screaming and struggling and crying, calling for help as she tried to pry the man's arm off her.

I pulled the knife out of my arm and it came free with a slick wet sound. My blood dripped down from the blade to my arm. There was a lot of blood on my shirt sleeve. Too much blood.

 

" Let go of me! Let go! ", Eunnie shrieked.

 

" Shut up! Come on! ", the guy growled as he continued to drag her away.

 

I grabbed a nearby beer bottle, crept up behind the guy and brought the bottle down on his head. Glass shards flew everywhere and he slumped to the ground unconscious. I looked at Eunnie, who was panting heavily and looking at the unconscious figure on the ground.

 

" Oppa... You saved me... ", she breathed as she hugged me.

 

" Eunnie, who was that? ", I asked.

 

" That guy is Man Jun-Kee. He was my senior in high school who took a liking to me and one day, he tried to me. ", she explained with a shudder.

 

" Let's get inside before he comes to. ", I said and we rushed back inside.

 

I quickly locked the back door to assure that Jun-Kee guy couldn't get inside any moment soon. Then, I remembered my bleeding arm.

 

" Crap! ", i cursed and held my arm.

 

" Oppa, you're bleeding! ", Eunnie gasped.  " Help! Somebody here needs medical attention! "

 

We heard someone come to the back and who should pop out from behind the corner but Junsu. Great timing, pal.

 

" Omona! Jinki-yah! You're bleeding badly! ", he screamed and started to roll up my shirt sleeves with Eunnie's help.

 

He washed away the excess blood, dabbed antiseptic cream on my wound( which really ing hurt a whole lot... -.- ) and wrapped my arm up with bandages. Eunnie helped by applying pressure on the wound to stop the bleeding any longer.

 

" Yah, Jinki. ", said Junsu out of the blue.

 

" Yeah? "

 

" Is this your girlfriend? ", he asked curiously, pointing to Eunnie.

 

" No! ", I said, blushing.

 

Junsu just grinned and went to get an extra shirt from his locker. Eunnie looked at me with a shy smile and I gulped, looking off somewhere else with blood rushing straight to my cheeks.

 

 

Sorry to keep you guys waiting for two whole months! I hope this made up to you! :3