~Two~

" Do You Love Me More Than Chicken? "

Buzzzzzzzz............

That alarm clock of mine went off.

Sigh.....

Why school on this day? I don't wanna go to school, especially when you've been beaten up by the university's kingka.

Aaah--! My head hurts! My arms hurt! My legs hurt! Damn, my whole body hurts! God, I feel so damn weak!

Should I or should I not go to school today? Maybe not. I'm too weak to move.

I forced myself out of bed. I dragged my heavy body to the bathroom and I tried to stand up, but my legs gave way. They were weak and shaking.

I looked at my cut wrist from yesterday. There was an ugly long scar that was raised, purple and hot to the touch. My wrist hurt badly.

I had to crawl to the bathroom to shower, when the doorbell rang. I groaned as I slumped my body to the side and crawl out of my room. With much difficulty, I heaved myself up and groggily limped to the front door.

When I opened it, there was this boy with huge glasses, blondish-brown hair and quite good looks. I looked blankly at him.

I've seen him from somewhere...

What's his name?

Jonghun...Jongkyun...Jongheun...

Oh, right! Jonghyun!

My next-door neighbor!

Jonghyun studies in Seoul High and is a gay. Why do I say he's a gay? He has a boyfriend, Kim Kibum, or Key as Jonghyun calls him that.

" Annyeonghaseyo, Jinki hyung--what happened to you?! ", asked Jonghyun, shocked.

" Nothing. ", I answered as I tried to stand up straight.

But even as I spoke, my knees gave way and I collapsed. But I would've hit my head on the floor if Jonghyun hadn't caught me.

" Hyung! ", he cried in shock.

" I'm fine, Jonghun-sshi. ", I muttered.

" It's Jonghyun, Jinki hyung. ", corrected Jonghyun.

" Whatever. " I mumbled.

" I heard a noise here in your apartment, so I came to check on you. I thought you were in trouble or worse. ", said Jonghyun.

I looked at Jonghyun blankly. For once, someone came to check on me. God, thank you! You're a lifesaver!

" What's with your wrist? ", asked Jonghyun as he pointed to my cut wrist.

" Accident. ", I lied.

" Doesn't look like an accident to me. Looks like it had been cut on purpose. You weren't stupid enough to do that to yourself, were you, hyung? ", asked Jonghyun.

I didn't bother to answer.

I just watched silently as Jonghyun took a hold of my wrist, applied antiseptic cream and wrapped my wound with a bandage. He brought me to the couch and laid me there.

" You want some chicken soup? ", he asked.

At the mention of chicken, I perked up. I my lips and nodded my head. Jonghyun chuckled at my weirdness and went off into my kitchen to make the soup.

I laid there and looked at my clock. It read 7: 59 AM. I was surprised. Time sure moves fast.

Jonghyun came back with a steaming bowl of his chicken soup. I sat up and took the bowl from him.

" Kamsahamnida, Jonghyun-sshi. ", I said and dug in.

Jonghyun just smiled and watched me eat.

" Jonghyun-sshi, don't you have school? ", I asked him.

" Ne, but I'll take the day off to take care of you, hyung. ", he smiled.

" What about your Key? ", I asked.

" Key? Omo! I forgot to call him! Aish! Pabo me! ", he said and went out to make his phone call.

I chuckled as I watched Jonghyun disappear to the back hurriedly to phone his boyfriend. I slurped up the remaining contents of the delicious chicken soup.

When I had finished, I placed the bowl on the coffee table and rubbed my satisfied tummy.

Man, now that soup contained all the chicken goodness in the world~!

I closed my eyes and tried to doze off again. But it didn't work. I tried counting sheep. That didn't work as well. I tried counting fried chicken drumsticks.

Now that worked.

Definitely.

1...

2...

3...

4...

5...

6...

7...

8...

9...

10...

After counting up to about 56 delicious chicken drumsticks, I fell asleep.

When i woke up, I was feeling extremely hungry. I got up and looked for some food to munch on. I caught sight of a wire mesh over a plate of kimchi fried rice and a note next to it.

The note read:

 

To Jinki hyung,

If you're awake right now and reading this, I have gone out currently to have lunch with Key.

I've made lunch for you already. I'll most probably be back at around 8 with dinner for you.

Hope you feel better soon :)

Jonghyun

 

I smiled at Jonghyun's thoughtfulness and took the wire mesh off the plate. I put the plate in the microwave for a minute and a half to warm up. After the food had been warmed up, I ate it, washed my plate and decided to have a walk around the park.

I put on my jogging shoes, my track suit and, of course, not forgetting to take my phone along with me. Once prepared, I walked out to the park.

As I jogged past a couple of neighborhoods, I heard a cry for help coming from a deserted alley. I stopped jogging and peeked into the alley to see what the commotion was about.

I saw a girl and a drunken ahjusshi. The girl was cowering and screaming as she tried to push the ahjusshi away. The ahjusshi was trying to rip her shirt off and lift her skirt up.

" Yah! Don't touch her, you erted ahjusshi! ", I shouted as I pushed him off the girl.

The man fell down and hit his head on the ground, knocking him out cold. I helped the girl up and took her out of the alley.

" Are you alright, miss? ", I asked when we stopped at a good distance away from the alley.

" N--ne. Jeongmal kamsahamnida, mister. ", thanked the girl.

" By the way, choneun Lee Jinki imnida. But call me Onew. ", I smiled.

" Choneun Kim Ji Eun Mi imnida. ", smiled the girl.

" Jiji Eunnie Mimi-ah? ", I asked slowly.

" Huh? You just said my nickname, Jinki-sshi. ", said Ji Eun Mi.

" You're from Busan, are you? ", I asked.

" Ne. That's my hometown. Oh, wait! Your eyes...they're very familiar...he had those eyes...you--chicken oppa? ", stuttered Ji Eun Mi.

" Jiji-ah! ", I cried.

" Oh, my god! Chicken oppa! ", cried Ji Eun Mi as she hugged me.

" My god, Jiji, is that you? My best friend since kindergarten? ", I asked.

" It's me, oppa! Oppa... ", she said.

I returned her hug. My long-lost best friend from Busan.

I've found her at last.