~Four~

" Do You Love Me More Than Chicken? "

Krriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnggggggggggggggg....

It's yet another school day.

Wait! It's raining!? Sigh...guess I'll have to make a run for it.

I took a quick shower, slipped into my uniform and grabbed my hoodie raincoat and school bag. I made myself a quick chicken ham sandwich and gobbled it down.

I pulled my hoodie over my head and ran to school in the rain. Suddenly, a sleek limosuine pulled up beside me. The back window rolled down and Ji Eun Mi's face appeared in the back seat.

" Hello, oppa~! ", smiled Eunnie cheerfully.  " Need a lift? "

" No thanks, Eunnie. ", I smiled as I pulled at my jacket tighter.  " I'll walk there. "

" Don't be silly, oppa! You're gonna catch a fever later! ", said Eunnie as she opened the car door and made space for me to get in.  " Now, get in. We'll go to school together, okay? "

Smiling, I got in gratefully.

" Thanks, Eunnie. ", I said.  " Sorry I'm wet. I normally walk to school in the rain. "

" Next time, oppa, call me so I can come and fetch you to school with me, okay? ", she said.

I nodded my head.

" Just like old times, huh, oppa? ", she smiled.  " You used to walk to school alone and then I would ask Driver Kang to pull up and let you in, so the both of us would be early for school. "

" Yeah. ", I sighed, remembering those times.  " Primary school days, right? "

" Yep! ", she answered brightly.

" Eunnie-ah? "

" Ne, oppa? "

" When we get to school, please act like you don't know me. ", I said.  " I'm a nerd and nerds shouldn't mix with kingkas or queenkas. So, don't call me by name. "

" Wae, oppa? ", she asked.  " You're my friend. Is there a law that says I can't be with you? "

" No, but just don't. ", I said.  " It'll ruin your queenka reputation. "

" Just because I'm a queenka doesn't mean I can't be your friend, oppa. ", she said.

I was about to answer back, when the limosuine stopped in front of the university. I leaped out of the car in a flash, bumping my head in the process, and dashed into class without waiting for Eunnie.

I didn't want her queenka reputation to be ruined just because of me, a nerd and a loner.

 

**********

 

At break, I slouched deeper into my chair as the usual bullies began their daily routine of teasing me. Boys threw papers with insults at my head, girls giggled at my misfortune and it seemed like the world was laughing at me.

A paper landed in front of me and the person who threw it was looking at me expectantly as if goading me to read it. I opened the crumpled paper and read the message:

 

Go die and rot in hell, nerd.

 

I sighed as I crumpled the paper and threw it in the wastepaper basket. A girl came up to me and offered me a gum stick. I took it from her only to be scared out of my skin by a fake cockroach sitting on top of it!

Yeah, it was fake, but it still startled me.

The girl and her friends started laughing at me jeeringly.

Just then, Joon Kyung came up to me and twisted the wrist I had injured the day before. Fresh blood started to seep out quickly as the wound reopened.

I bit my bottom lip hard to keep myself from crying out in pain. I bit my bottom lip so hard that it began to bled, but that pain was nothing to what my wrist was experiencing now.

I felt my hair being roughly pulled back and my head came in contact with another student's desk. Joon Kyung whispered in my ear.

" I saw you with Ji Eun Mi, one of the popular queenkas of the university. Do you like her? ", he whispered teasingly.  " If you do, too bad. I'm gonna get her to be my girlfriend. "

I froze at that.

" If I see you anywhere near her, prepare to face hell. ", he threatened.  " I'll make sure your miserable little life flashes right before your very eyes before I kill you with my bare hands. "

I gulped, beads of sweat rolling down my forehead. My heart rate started to increase with each and every threat sinking into my head and repeating itself like a broken down record.

" Do you swear? ", he asked.

I nodded my head slowly.

" I can't hear you, bastard. ", he hissed as he pulled at my hair tighter.

" Ne. ", I muttered.

" Louder, you bastard. ", he growled as he pulled my hair even harder.

" Ne. ", I answered again.

" Louder, so that every boy here in this class can hear you, nerd! ", he commanded as he held my throat tightly, threatening to squeeze the life out of me.

" Ne! ", I cried out, sobs escaping my lips.

" Good. ", smirked Joon Kyung and threw me against my desk roughly.

My head bashed against the desk and I coughed, air rushing back into my lungs. I quickly straightened myself out just as the teacher entered the classroom.

 

**********

 

At lunch, I sat at my usual spot and ate my meal silently.

Just then, Eunnie entered the canteen with her friends. I made sure I put my hoodie jacket on and covered my head so as not to let Eunnie see me. My eyes followed her figure walking to another table where the rest of the queenkas from her class gathered around.

Her beautiful eyes were travelling everywhere like she was searching for someone. Just as her gaze landed on me, I looked down and pulled my hoodie further over my head.

I can't risk it.

If Joon Kyung wants to be her boyfriend, I shouldn't try to stop him or he would kill me.

I don't want to ruin her queenka reputation.

I'm sorry, Eunnie.

Oppa is sorry he can't be close to you now.

Someone else out there loves you and he will probably love you more than I ever will.

 

**********

 

As soon as school ended, I ran home immediately, knowing that if I stayed around longer, Eunnie will find me and stick with me and it will ruin her queenka image.

I didn't stop to rest. I continued to run back home.

As soon as I reached my apartment and dashed inside, I locked the door and showered. Then, I changed into a waiter's outfit.

It seems that today, the café where I worked part-time was shut down for repairs and nobody needed their dog walked today, but I still had my job at the club.

I slipped on a jacket and took a cab to downtown Seoul where the club I worked at was.